Author Topic: Pretty Easy to See: Avery Bradley is the Odd man out  (Read 8041 times)

Pretty Easy to See: Avery Bradley is the Odd man out
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
Rozier was drafted as his replacement. AB has reached his ceiling as an Aaron Afflolo type, and with his contract, will be a great trade asset.

Just a matter of time...

(My opinion, but i dont think its hard to see this...)

Re: Pretty Easy to See: Avery Bradley is the Odd man out
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rozier was drafted as his replacement. AB has reached his ceiling as an Aaron Afflolo type, and with his contract, will be a great trade asset.

Just a matter of time...

(My opinion, but i dont think its hard to see this...)

Or he could become a guard off the bench. But yeah, he's not a good enough starter for where the C's want to go. Probably just about worth his contract as we go along--not a lot more.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yes, I would tend to agree...IF...Rozier pans out to the Celtics' expectation.

But we shan't count our chickens before they're hatched, shan't we??

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:31:43 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

This.  A little competition is not going to do any harm.  It may take a year or 2 for Rozier to get to Bradley's level and possibly surpass it, if that happens at all.  We have no idea right now.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

We shan'ten't.  ;D
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
are you suggesting that he will get traded?

What type of value would you put on Bradley as a trade piece? I have always thought of him as a bench player on most playoff bound teams. Good defender, extremely inconsistent shot.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 11:46:04 AM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
yes i am suggesting there will be a trade soon. Bradley is a great piece. But Watch what Rozier does tonight, and then notice that its what Bradley does and more already.

I think the pick was more than anything a sign that Bradley has peaked and we will be trying to trade and get something back in return.

Rozier has the Potential of Wade, and that is who he models his game after.

Hes going to surprise, and this is coming from a guy who didnt like the pick at all to start.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Sully will be the odd man out.   He was shopped around this summer.   I think Ainge will try to swing AB and Sully into a viable piece.  We need a star but who would deal us one?

But Ainge likes AB too.   AB can play on both ends of the court.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
I think Sully will be the odd man out.   He was shopped around this summer.   I think Ainge will try to swing AB and Sully into a viable piece.  We need a star but who would deal us one?

I honestly think either Sacremento or Philly will be shopping one of their bigs. First thoughts would be Embiid or Noel and possibly Boogie or Cauley Stein by the trade deadline... Obviously nobody on that list is a star (other than Cousins) but any of those young guys would be a great fit on what Ainge/Stevens are trying to accomplish.

I also think a S&T with Orlando for Harris is still a possibility. I think they want to develop their rook and Harris will hinder that development. I'd assume some variation of Sully/Bradley and a pick would get him here.

But having said all that I agree, Sully appears to be the odd man out to me as well.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 11:59:38 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I agree re: Sully. All this talk about work ethic and team culture, and the new, athletic bigs, just doesn't bode well for Sully--who's already babbling again about not caring if he actually loses any weight, as long as he can get up and down the floor and play more minutes.

Sully IMO will end up on another team. Bradley could end up on the bench, but still playing substantial minutes, depending on how quickly and how well Rozier, Hunter and Young come on. (Though I think they'll steer Young to the 3 spot.)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sully needs to get in shape and re-establish some trust around the league this season before we trade him. His value is still low until he does that, but if he shows up in better shape and puts up great stats as a starter for a couple of months he's outa here.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 12:05:52 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I know this is the easy answer, but I think pretty much everyone's future is entirely contingent on circumstance.  I think it's certainly accurate to say that there is a glut of guards on the roster, but how Danny chooses to address that issue will depend on what comes along.  Maybe a contender wants Bradley, and will give us something nice for him.  Maybe another bottom-feeder like Philly wants to flip their glut of bigs for some of our guards and will want some of the youngsters instead. 

But I think it's a mistake to think that DA drafted Rozier and Hunter to replace Bradley.  I think he drafted them because he thought they were the best players on the board.  And I wouldn't be surprised if CBS plays a lot of 3 (and maybe even some 4) guard lineups this year in order to get the most talent on the floor (and to best showcase and develop our young talent). 

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 12:07:14 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Isn't Sully a free agent after this season? I wonder how much we could get for him because of that?
Even if his value is low now, might be the only time we could actually get something for him. If he has a monster year (or even if he doesn't) we will probably lose him regardless.
He has never struck me as somebody that is happy in Boston.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 12:11:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Shouldn't we first wait to see if Rozier is an NBA player?

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 12:12:55 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I've been saying this for awhile now.  I'll fully admit that I was wrong if he ends up staying here, but given how he played in the playoffs combining with the Rozier pick, I think Bradley could absolutely be used as a trade chip.

AB has come a long way since his rookie year, specifically on offense.  But given how this season went for him, it looks like that if he's going to be better on offense, his lock-down defense is going to take a bit of a hit.  I was so underwhelmed with his performance in the playoffs, so maybe it's just because the final few games left a bad taste in my mouth, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was included in a trade.