Author Topic: Myles Turner is Enormous.  (Read 5696 times)

Myles Turner is Enormous.
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:49:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Wow does he look the part. Just as advertised runs weird but who cares, he's huge, Big time presence underneath the hoop, and his shot is just absolute money. It's butter from all over the court, and he's that huge. So he can get it off on almost anyone.
 On a side note I think Mickey's standing reach is larger than advertised. I think Mickey may have short changed himself on purpose to draw extra attention to his vertical jump 37.5" That number is unusually high for a big man. And Mickey and Myles Turner have the same wingspan at 7'4" The height without shoes is Mickey 6'7"  and Turner 6'9.75" yet standing reach was 8'10" for mickey, and 9'4" for Turner second highest only to Upshaw. That doesn't make much sense.
 I believe Mickey could get to 9'1" if he stretched, and that would take his Max Vertical down to 34.5" which makes more sense.

Also Pat C. from Notre  Dame most definitely did this same trick to gain his bogus 43" vertical this year and his standing reach made no sense way to short for his height, he's a good athlete but not that good.

Re: Myles Turner is Enormous.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:59:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
can we get a video link or at least a pic to illustrate his enormousness.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 12:04:19 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Apparently everyone is getting enormous.

Myles Turner, James Young.

Is there a growth pill being passed around no one's told me about?

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 12:24:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Yep. It's called the growth income pills.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 12:42:59 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Here's a shot showing Embiid a few inches taller than Okafor. 
http://www.sixers29.com/wp-content/uploads/embiid-okafor-76ers-sixers.jpg

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 01:24:48 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
It was just a summer game, but finally some people see just how elite of a shooter he is. Summer League or not his fade away jumper and his turn around jumper are unguardable....period. Also he has  a year or 2 max and his hip problems will likely be gone. I think after he has physically matured  some over the next year or 2, he will have a great 2 way game. He won't ever be as agile as Anthony Davis, Myles will be playing center (but can play the 4) and he will give teams fits on both ends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74cReElILc

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Why will his hip issues be gone?

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 01:49:22 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
It was just a summer game, but finally some people see just how elite of a shooter he is. Summer League or not his fade away jumper and his turn around jumper are unguardable....period. Also he has  a year or 2 max and his hip problems will likely be gone. I think after he has physically matured  some over the next year or 2, he will have a great 2 way game. He won't ever be as agile as Anthony Davis, Myles will be playing center (but can play the 4) and he will give teams fits on both ends.

I've been saying that on here all year. Watched this countless times at UT. Dude is absolute money on turnaround J's. He just rarely got it on the block with time and space to work in Barnes' offense. His skillset is for a pro game.
DKC Suns

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 01:55:31 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
and to think he went like 3 spots before us.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 02:10:02 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
If only he was a of danny mite have traded up :-X

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 03:02:34 AM »

• Ray Allen

I've been saying that on here all year. Watched this countless times at UT. Dude is absolute money on turnaround J's. He just rarely got it on the block with time and space to work in Barnes' offense. His skillset is for a pro game.
You and I literally have been talking through PM's since the beginning of the year till now in regards to Myles Turner. When I saw your UT pic I knew I had to pick your brain on Turner and variables like Coach Barnes, flawed offense at UT, guard inability to shoot 3's and space floor, opponents defensive schemes and why they all "packed it in", and etc. Whats great is that you knew what you were talking about and supported what I read/watched/felt about all the little variables that for a fact limited Turners effectiveness, ability, and stats at UT.
Thanks Show

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 03:22:47 AM »

• Ray Allen
and to think he went like 3 spots before us.
3 less wins and we would have tied for the 10th pick. I think we may have beaten the heat over the series, so we would have had the 11th pick at worst.

We could have then waited for Rozier and RJ Hunter to fall(Tyus Jones, Grant could have been pg's taken ahead of him) and selected him at 28 or traded 28 and a future 2nd in 16' to get him(we have a ton of 2nd rounders in 2016)

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 03:31:21 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Turner looked smooth, Stanley hit his 3s, Aaron Gordon was spectacular...all with the enemies now. Two drafts in a row I was tuned to certain prospects only to be disappointed on draft night. I'll try not to do it anymore.

We have our own young guys to cheer for. They might not be as spectacular, but ...nah, I am still p---ed off after the draft and FA.

I hope tomorrow somebody will give us something to cheer for. My money is on RJ Hunter to go berserk from downtown. Smart will look underwhelming, IMO. It is really not his thing to do flashy stuff in the SL. I want him healthy when the big boys games come along.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 05:04:42 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Wow does he look the part. Just as advertised runs weird but who cares, he's huge, Big time presence underneath the hoop, and his shot is just absolute money. It's butter from all over the court, and he's that huge. So he can get it off on almost anyone.
 On a side note I think Mickey's standing reach is larger than advertised. I think Mickey may have short changed himself on purpose to draw extra attention to his vertical jump 37.5" That number is unusually high for a big man. And Mickey and Myles Turner have the same wingspan at 7'4" The height without shoes is Mickey 6'7"  and Turner 6'9.75" yet standing reach was 8'10" for mickey, and 9'4" for Turner second highest only to Upshaw. That doesn't make much sense.
 I believe Mickey could get to 9'1" if he stretched, and that would take his Max Vertical down to 34.5" which makes more sense.

Also Pat C. from Notre  Dame most definitely did this same trick to gain his bogus 43" vertical this year and his standing reach made no sense way to short for his height, he's a good athlete but not that good.

Turner ha narrow shoulders and a short neck;  Mickey, broad shoulders and a long one.

So more of Turner's wingspan can reach straight up in the air, and his arms start their reach higher up his body.

I don't think Mickey was looking for intentionally short measurements on anything.

Looking at Mickey's almost burly body, recognizing that his calling card is a well-developed defensive game, and knowing he'll turn 21 within two weeks, I don't see how anyone can project him not to ready to be a rotation player, however.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:05:41 AM by clover »

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 01:23:10 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

He's going to be a really good player. He was completely underutilized by Barnes. He's Tennessee's problem now tho right? lol