Author Topic: My challenge for all celtics fans  (Read 1172 times)

My challenge for all celtics fans
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:41:45 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
We did not draft a really  top ten prospect that a lot of us thought we would. nor did we get a big free agent that people thought we would get. So ainge played it safe and tried to keep most of the same team as last year.

However we still have one guy who was stuck in the D league. I think Ainge needs to clear room for him to let him develop. That means trading even turner. I think we have a couple of logjams that need to be fixed. I think avery bradley becomes less of a need with terry rozier being drafted. avery hasn't been the offensive spark that we needed and with his defense becoming less important with the cheaper option of rozier. I would like to put him on the trading block. Finally we have a logjam at the pf position. Obviously we are keeping amir johnson and jonas jerebko because they were just signed. stevens loves tyler zeller so I doubt he will go anywhere. That leaves us with kelly olynyk and jared sulleinger. One must go. Honestly kelly olynyk shows more signs that he will be the better player and he is signed for one year longer. so I say we trade jared sullener.

That means we have jared sullienger,avery bradley and even turner to us to get a star or a highly valued prospect.. Now I don't think is enough to find a star so I will give up the Brooklyn 2016 first round pick as well as the three players.
So to all celtics fans I challenge you to come up with the best trade Idea that gets us a star with  jared sullienger,avery bradley, even turner and the Brooklyn 2016 first round pick. or instead of a Brooklyn pick you can use Dallas 2016 and Minnesota 2016.

My idea would be a 3 team trade between Phoenix,boston and philly

To phoenix  bradley Dallas 2016 and Minnesota 2016 and for eric bledsoe

To philly  eric bledsoe,sully and even turner for jahli okafor

Boston lineup with minute projections
rozier 20 min/  Isaiah thomas 28 min
smart 28min/ rj hunter 18 min/ 2 min james young
james young 18 min/jae crowder 20min/ jonas jerbebko/ 10 min
amir johnson 25min/kelly olynyk 15 min/ jerebebko / 8 min
okafor 22min/tyler zeller 20 min/ olynyk 6 min

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: My challenge for all celtics fans
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 12:26:40 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
TP for the thought, nice post. It's an interesting idea, too. Thinking the flip with PHX could happen, but unfortunately, PHI isn't going to part with Okafor in the near future.

Also don't think Rozier or Young will get those kind of minutes, but given where we stand, I would like for them (esp Young) to see more floor time than I expect them to this year. Expect spot minutes for the 3 rooks, too, but would like to see one find a place in the rotation if possible.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:10:19 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I would assume Okafor is close to untouchable unless they are offered a legitimate star.
DKC Suns

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 02:12:55 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'm all for SHIPPIN out sully, Avery, turner

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 03:33:17 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm all for SHIPPIN out sully, Avery, turner
Can't happen fast enough IMO. I'd also trade IT (our best player and great contract) and Zeller. Use all our role players(all the players you and I listed) to get prospects and picks in 2017 and 2018.

IMO Myles Turner would be nice to trade for....even if we overpay a bit  :)