Author Topic: What The Hell Is Ainge Waiting For??  (Read 20574 times)

What The Hell Is Ainge Waiting For??
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I mean seriously.

Forget about what happened on draft night and lack of interest from free agents.

What about trades using our "assets"?

What about free agents that aren't type A free agents like Jordan Hill, Kevin Seraphin, Jason Smith, Mirza Teletovic, etc (just as examples.)

All we really have to do is add a couple pieces and we are in decent shape come next season and are likely playoff contenders.

Maybe trade for Derozan and Valacunias?

Or Lawson and Faried?

Or David Lee?

Or Enes Kanter?

Or Nene?

What's he waiting for???!!

I just really hope this roster isn't what we have come opening night.

Re: What The Hell Is Ainge Waiting For??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:11:10 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
None of those trades look like good ideas to me.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 10:12:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I thought the assests were worthless, so how can they trade them?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:16:56 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If he blew his asset load on B level players like you are suggesting the franchise will have no hope and we will be the 6th seed for the next 3-4 years before we'd just rebuild again

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I can still see a David Lee trade to Boston going down before training camp. Lee will be moved somewhere , and it will be for cheap. We don't need to use much of our cache to get him.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 10:22:34 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
If he blew his asset load on B level players like you are suggesting the franchise will have no hope and we will be the 6th seed for the next 3-4 years before we'd just rebuild again
Demar Derozan is not a B level player.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Demar Derozan is not a B level player.

He's definitely not an A level player....

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
gpap wishes Danny Ainge would be more like Joe Dumars.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:31:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Perhaps Ainge is waiting for player agents to get back to him on the offers he's made them?

Never mistake a lack of activity for a lack of action.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ainge with his hoard of assets:

He won't make a major trade until he can recreate 2007.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
None of those trades look like good ideas to me.

Agreed on most accounts.

Derozan and Valacunias- Price will be too high for these guys, especially Valancunias. Masai does not make bad trades.

Or Lawson and Faried-We are good on guards. I like Faried a lot, but we have some good PFs already in KO and Sully that I'd like to see reach their potential before looking at Faried.

David Lee - He will single-handedly slow down our offense. No pace and space with him on the floor. That's why he didn't play this year for GSW. Doesn't fit in with Stevens.

Kanter and Nene- Kanter can't play D to save his life and Nene is getting old.

Overall, I like our team. I really just want a rim-protecting center, even if only to even out the roster a little. Robin Lopez would've been a good fit here, but I really hope Danny has somebody he is targeting via trade.

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 10:54:39 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
What's he waiting for?
He's waiting to see exactly what he has. He's waiting to see what the cards are that he's holding.

He needs to finds out, will Young contribute at all, is Smart a PG or not, is Rozier a player, will Hunter be able to score in the NBA, is Sully a tease or a pro, will Olynyk develop further?

This is the first full year of the rebuild, let some of these assets develop and gain some value in the league, so we can see who we want, and who may be better off being traded.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 10:54:44 PM »

Offline Croc Hunter

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I mean seriously.

Forget about what happened on draft night and lack of interest from free agents.

What about trades using our "assets"?

What about free agents that aren't type A free agents like Jordan Hill, Kevin Seraphin, Jason Smith, Mirza Teletovic, etc (just as examples.)

All we really have to do is add a couple pieces and we are in decent shape come next season and are likely playoff contenders.

Maybe trade for Derozan and Valacunias?

Or Lawson and Faried?

Or David Lee?

Or Enes Kanter?

Or Nene?

What's he waiting for???!!

I just really hope this roster isn't what we have come opening night.

Thank goodness you aren't our GM.

If all those players are the kind of players you'd waste money on we'd be in the basement for 20 years, not 5-10.

He's waiting for true game changers, none of the options you presented provide thatin the long term. I mean really, an old broken player like Nene is on your rader? Sheesh.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
You either step forward or you step back, reassess and start over, or not at all. But you don't make side steps.

Those ideas are side steps. You don't make moves just to make FANS happy you're making moves. Most of those ideas doesn't get us any further than we are. Side steps is what keeps you in mediocrity. 

No moves are sometimes better than making moves just to make moves. You start adding 3 year contracts than things get tight again, and real moves, ones that actually push's us forward are harder to pull off.

The Amir/Jerbeko deals are great because they help with trades with teams that may want to open cap space but have a All Star or even borderline All Star caliber player that wants out. This helps their rebuild by freeing up cap. If DA can't move them then we free up 27 mill in cap in just Amir/Jerbeko/Wallace. Add that to the bump, we can offer a lot more than most teams next season for FA's.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 11:05:46 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Kevin Durant