Author Topic: Lou Williams agrees to three-year, $21M deal with the Los Angeles Lakers  (Read 4190 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Free agent guard Lou Williams has agreed to a deal with the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Free agent Lou Williams has agreed to a 3-year, $21 million deal with Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Don't understand this at all for Lou. Didn't find a better offer anywhere? Find it hard to believe.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Ouch. Big loss for Toronto.

Online Who

• James Naismith
I don't understand LAL wanting Lou Williams. They just drafted D'Angelo Russell. They have a breakout young player in Jordan Clarkson. That is two PGs already. Guys who need minutes to develop. Where does Lou Williams fit in? 

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

Clarkson is big for a PG. I suppose he could defend SGs.
Give Kobe some backup SF minutes alongside two PGs.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I don't understand LAL wanting Lou Williams. They just drafted D'Angelo Russell. They have a breakout young player in Jordan Clarkson. That is two PGs already. Guys who need minutes to develop. Where does Lou Williams fit in? 

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

They trading for Cousins of course.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Lakers certainly have a lot of high usage guards on their roster - let's see how this works out. I guess if the best offer out there is from a warm weather team you go for it. It kind of goes to show that maybe IT's contract isn't that amazing since he lost out to Lou for the 6th man award.

Online Who

• James Naismith
I am amazed that Lou Williams hasn't been able to find a stable home on a title contender.

Terrific bench scorer. Solid defender too.

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

I think Clarkson gets buried on the bench. Not sure he was ever as good as the hype he got last year.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I hate to see Lou go there. He is good!

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

At this point, the Lakers just want to get enough talent to make the draft pick they're sending to Philly as low as possible.

Mike

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

At this point, the Lakers just want to get enough talent to make the draft pick they're sending to Philly as low as possible.

Mike

If they follow this up by signing Gerald Green, I will be sick.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I am amazed that Lou Williams hasn't been able to find a stable home on a title contender.

Terrific bench scorer. Solid defender too.

I'm not. He's a chucker that can kill you as much as he can help you.

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
wow, his agent let him down, in this market that's a bargain for a player like him.

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

Mike
Lakers are an interesting team. I think Russell was the most NBA ready of the big three drafted this summer. They get Randall coming back and now have a guy who doesn't lack confidence(lou Williams) which is a must when playing with Kobe.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

PG - D.Russell, Lou Will
SG - Kobe, J.Clarkson
SF - whoever, (Kobe)

I think people are underestimating Russell and Lou Williams' combo guard abilities.

Clarkson/D. Russell
Kobe/Lou Williams

Randle/Larry Nance, Jr.
Hibbert/Tarik Black

The team is brutal at SF and not particularly strong elsewhere. SG is imposing on paper, but I would be shocked if Kobe makes it through the whole season healthy. Signing Nick Young is kinda sorta a must for them, as funny as it sounds. Do they still have Wesley Johnson?

They're young, and have some good potential. I like every single one of Clarkson, Russell, Nance and even Tarik Black (who I would've liked to see the Celts take a chance on last season). But the reality that they will have to lay a foundation through the draft like every other market has to hit them square in the face this offseason. It's incredibly unfortunate for them that they have their 2016 1st tied in the hands of ping pong ball fate and another franchise. I'm not sure it'd be wise to tank. Then again, wisdom can't be consistently observed about the Lakers front office.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/