Author Topic: Gerald Green  (Read 4892 times)

Re: Gerald Green
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 04:19:46 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Why in the world do we need another 2 guard? Or were you playing him at Power Forward when we get Faried to play Center. This is so ridiculous it's mind-blowing.  ???

Why are you skipping over the small forward position? Thats the only ridiculous thing I can see.

I did it intentionally because people are making ridiculous position changes - Faried 6'8" at Center. But Green may only be able to play SF occasionally because he certainly can't guard the good 3's in the league. It's just preposterous to keep wanting to sign guys in an overcrowded position and expect them to play a different position like magic. Yes tomorrow Gerald you can match up with LeBron or Carmelo....

Gerald is a SF at 6'8. He won't be able to guard Lebron, but not many people can.

He is listed as a G/F and yes 6'8" and 205. He wouldn't be able to guard many 3's that I can think of. He can't guard Paul Pierce. Let's face it. Offensively he has speed and the occasional 3 pt range and wide open dunks - defensively he is a liability and this team is built around the theme of defense. I like Gerald but don't see there being any room for him here.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Why in the world do we need another 2 guard? Or were you playing him at Power Forward when we get Faried to play Center. This is so ridiculous it's mind-blowing.  ???

Why are you skipping over the small forward position? Thats the only ridiculous thing I can see.

I did it intentionally because people are making ridiculous position changes - Faried 6'8" at Center. But Green may only be able to play SF occasionally because he certainly can't guard the good 3's in the league. It's just preposterous to keep wanting to sign guys in an overcrowded position and expect them to play a different position like magic. Yes tomorrow Gerald you can match up with LeBron or Carmelo....

Gerald is a SF at 6'8. He won't be able to guard Lebron, but not many people can.

He is listed as a G/F and yes 6'8" and 205. He wouldn't be able to guard many 3's that I can think of. He can't guard Paul Pierce. Let's face it. Offensively he has speed and the occasional 3 pt range and wide open dunks - defensively he is a liability and this team is built around the theme of defense. I like Gerald but don't see there being any room for him here.

I see room for him, especially if a big trade goes down. Green is the best scorer available now that the Lakers just signed Lou Williams. Green, Crowder and Young growing into his own would be nice. Evan Turner would be expendable.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 04:32:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I see room for him, especially if a big trade goes down. Green is the best scorer available now that the Lakers just signed Lou Williams. Green, Crowder and Young growing into his own would be nice. Evan Turner would be expendable.

I see Turner as far more valuable than a one-dimensional Green. In the last month of the season Turner was nearly averaging a triple double so besides scoring although it's not flashy dunks he can also pass the ball and rebound.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

I see Turner as far more valuable than a one-dimensional Green. In the last month of the season Turner was nearly averaging a triple double so besides scoring although it's not flashy dunks he can also pass the ball and rebound.

I really like Turner, but we have so many playmakers now and he is inconsistent beyond the arc. Turner  also has a nice contract that someone may find attractive.

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
I remember that game against Milwaukee in February 2007, shortly before the All-Star break, when Gerald hit something like 5 treys to lead the C's from a double digit deficit to a win. Want him back just for the nostalgic sentiment's sake.

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd take him back we could definitely use the scoring. The few chances I get to watch him he kills it on offense. I don't pay attention to his defense because I don't see him regularly. But IMO defense is a little over rated, the offensive player almost always has the advantage and are favored by the refs. Defense is more about team defense now, switching and closing out space.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 06:06:02 PM »

Offline Mattybriand

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Gerald green just posted a picture of IT4 on his Instagram hmmm.. Maybe him coming back isn't so far fetched

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Meh... ::)

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Gerald green just posted a picture of IT4 on his Instagram hmmm.. Maybe him coming back isn't so far fetched

He loves him some IT, judging by his IG lol.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Meh... ::)

Can you translate that to English so I know what it means?