Author Topic: Gerald Green  (Read 4896 times)

Gerald Green
« on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Any word on a Gerald signing? I really would like to see him back in Boston.

Re: Gerald Green
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 02:52:25 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Why do you want him back?  I don't watch Phoenix much but his defensive numbers look scary.  As I said I don't watch him much so if you could tell me more about him I would appreciate it, I know the Celtics were reportedly interested in him early this offseason.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 03:08:11 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
He's still 6'8" with length and athleticism for days. He has skills shooting the 3 ball. Certainly,  I think he'd add to the mix under Stevens.

Apparently,  he's seeking more money than the Celts wanted to consider.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Why do you want him back?  I don't watch Phoenix much but his defensive numbers look scary.  As I said I don't watch him much so if you could tell me more about him I would appreciate it, I know the Celtics were reportedly interested in him early this offseason.

And his defense is gonna hurt us how?  For Petes sake every player in the nba now has there strengths and weaknesses.  Peoe act like this is something that can't be improved on. Bits not like he's missing a limb ::).  At this point anyone that can provide a bit more offense would be welcome at a decent price.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 03:14:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

And his defense is gonna hurt us how?  For Petes sake every player in the nba now has there strengths and weaknesses.  Peoe act like this is something that can't be improved on. Bits not like he's missing a limb ::).  At this point anyone that can provide a bit more offense would be welcome at a decent price.

When teams are scoring considerably more when you are on the court then off, it is an issue.  It was the reason he was benched last season.  His defensive Box Plus/Minus was -3.3 last year, which is amongst the lowest I have ever seen since the stat has become available. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
K

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »

Offline Soytiz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
Just a fun, fun player to watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8GFolCvpuQ

Reppin' the C's and Dee Brown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYS-hmNcOg
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:46:15 PM by Soytiz »

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

Meh his defense is horrid even though he caused a couple of steals in this highlight.   Maybe danny can try to sign a statue since it's better defensivelu ::).  Seriously what's the freakin harm in adding a guy that can get us more points.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

Well he has made good strides defensively, although not great. He is instant offense and I would hate to see the Lakers sign him. It seems like their fans are praying that they do.

This Forever:
https://youtu.be/Npg604Bt0-s
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:56:54 PM by BlackCeltic »

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65

What stat or metric do use to view his defensive stats?

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65

Meh his defense is horrid even though he caused a couple of steals in this highlight.   Maybe danny can try to sign a statue since it's better defensivelu ::).  Seriously what's the freakin harm in adding a guy that can get us more points.
No offense to you but defense is a matter of hustle and athleticism. He is definitely athletic enough.  Is there a statistical analysis spread sheet that measures a players defense? 

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Why in the world do we need another 2 guard? Or were you playing him at Power Forward when we get Faried to play Center. This is so ridiculous it's mind-blowing.  ???

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Why in the world do we need another 2 guard? Or were you playing him at Power Forward when we get Faried to play Center. This is so ridiculous it's mind-blowing.  ???

Why are you skipping over the small forward position? Thats the only ridiculous thing I can see.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Why are you skipping over the small forward position? Thats the only ridiculous thing I can see.

I did it intentionally because people are making ridiculous position changes - Faried 6'8" at Center. But Green may only be able to play SF occasionally because he certainly can't guard the good 3's in the league. It's just preposterous to keep wanting to sign guys in an overcrowded position and expect them to play a different position like magic. Yes tomorrow Gerald you can match up with LeBron or Carmelo....

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

I did it intentionally because people are making ridiculous position changes - Faried 6'8" at Center. But Green may only be able to play SF occasionally because he certainly can't guard the good 3's in the league. It's just preposterous to keep wanting to sign guys in an overcrowded position and expect them to play a different position like magic. Yes tomorrow Gerald you can match up with LeBron or Carmelo....

Gerald is a SF at 6'8. He won't be able to guard Lebron, but not many people can.