Author Topic: kaminsky a tough watch  (Read 6691 times)

Re: kaminsky a tough watch
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
It's pretty ridiculous to judge a kid in his first summer league game. Smart looked like crap on the most part of summer league, but made good strides threw out the season and finished well despite nursing a bad ankle.

That being saide, Jordan was an idiot not taking Winslow or Turner. Not that I'm judging them off their first game, just much more upside to those kids that would make the team better in the long run.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 12:48:24 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Kaminsky looked like a better version of Olynyk.  At one point I think he knocked down 4 or 5 consecutive 3's and he grabbed double digit boards.   

His D was weak but his O game was very sound.

Wasn't he like 7-20 from the field ?

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 12:54:55 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
And didn't I see Justise Winslow at something like a ridiculous +28 in his first 26 minutes of SL?

What a gift Riley got at #10.

Had the C's lost just 4 more games last season Winslow would be theirs right now--and the rebuild would be a giant step farther along.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Kaminsky looked like a better version of Olynyk.  At one point I think he knocked down 4 or 5 consecutive 3's and he grabbed double digit boards.   

Whatever, it was his first NBA and shooting percentage is pretty meaningless. Yes, he is a classic-modern day stretch 4, a better version of KO. Just hope he doesn't become Bargnani.

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Whatever, it was his first NBA and shooting percentage is pretty meaningless. Yes, he is a classic-modern day stretch 4, a better version of KO. Just hope he doesn't become Bargnani.

I agree. I'm just saying 19 points is meaningless to me if you shoot 7-20. Gotta get that up.

I'm not so sure he is a better version of KO. But both still need developing so who knows where they land. KO looks far more fluid and athletic for the NBA game. Who knows how they both end up though

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 01:09:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

I agree. I'm just saying 19 points is meaningless to me if you shoot 7-20. Gotta get that up.

I'm not so sure he is a better version of KO. But both still need developing so who knows where they land. KO looks far more fluid and athletic for the NBA game. Who knows how they both end up though
I certainly would trade KO and picks, right now, for Kaminsky.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

What picks ?

You're giving up Olynyk and 2 firsts for Kaminsky ? Or 2nd rounders ?

That's a lot for just one summer league game (7-20) from the field. I'd slow it down a bit

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 01:18:17 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

What picks ?

That's a lot for just one summer league game (7-20) from the field. I'd slow it down a bit
I purposely said picks and you assume I meant 1st round. This is not some clever trade that I spent all night working on, it was just to make a point that Kaminsky is going to be a far better NBA pro than KO. Just my opinion dude so don't tell what to do or think.

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

What picks ?

I purposely said picks and you assume I meant 1st round. This is not some clever trade that I spent all night working on, it was just to make a point that Kaminsky is going to be a far better NBA pro than KO. Just my opinion dude so don't tell what to do or think.

It is a forum dude, if you don't want people's responses you should probably rethink posting.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 05:54:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
kaminsky 14 points but zero offensive rebounds and no presence in paint on defense-i would not trade kelly with his two years experience -kelly was picked at 13 and sully in 20's-

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 08:24:23 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Everyone I've talked to has said Kaminsky is a project. I actually think he moves really well.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 08:38:39 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
to repeat first half colored my opinion,he shot the lights out from three in 2nd half but defensively inept and don't like his style-olynck averaged 17.5 in summer league and looked  more fluid---he was effective and i may have to change my opinion later in season-

Later in season? How about like right now? He had an impressive game, and you said he was tough to watch.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 09:00:18 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
yesterday zero rebounds on offensive boards,defense in paint horrible-" tough to watch"means not a pleasure to watch ,even if he is effective---heck i thought mchale ran funny when he was a rookie

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

What picks ?

It is a forum dude, if you don't want people's responses you should probably rethink posting.
No. If I don't like people's responses I'm gonna tell them. The guy missed my point entirely. Kaminsky is better than Olynyk. That's all.