Author Topic: kaminsky a tough watch  (Read 6690 times)

kaminsky a tough watch
« on: July 05, 2015, 08:44:42 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the first half colored my view, i  stayed and watched him get hot but struggled with his style
,he got his points but is not a likable watch and cost us winslow

Re: kaminsky a tough watch
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is not his fault, he did not cost us anything.  Jordan and his GM blew it and it is good for us in the long run, that was a lot to give up.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:09:15 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
stanley,jefferson,turner winslow and the spanish kid (considering he was 48hrs off a plane ,strange country and jet lagged showed flashes getting to hoop,shooting threes)All did well and add gordons big game

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Huh?

He had 19 points and 12 rebounds. Knocked down 4-8 from 3pt land. Made a couple impressive drives on close outs.

I disagree. Kaminsky looked the part of a modern day stretch-4.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
just a reminder of other folks who looked like stars in summer league......

Greg

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 09:24:13 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
to repeat first half colored my opinion,he shot the lights out from three in 2nd half but defensively inept and don't like his style-olynck averaged 17.5 in summer league and looked  more fluid---he was effective and i may have to change my opinion later in season-

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 09:57:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most

Do you think he will with NBA level length and athletic ability.   I think he is a nifty player, but scoring 20 in summer league means nothing look at Olynyk.   Some games he does well in the pros, others he gets his butt handed to him.  I think Frank the Tank is a better player than KO, he was in college at least, but I think he will have his up and downs.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Do you think he will with NBA level length and athletic ability.   I think he is a nifty player, but scoring 20 in summer league means nothing look at Olynyk.   Some games he does well in the pros, others he gets his butt handed to him.  I think Frank the Tank is a better player than KO, he was in college at least, but I think he will have his up and downs.

In college he was better than KO. Just my guess, but I think KO is the better pro. More athletic and is more fluid in the wide open NBA space.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
He looked fine except for the rim protection.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Kaminsky looked like a better version of Olynyk.  At one point I think he knocked down 4 or 5 consecutive 3's and he grabbed double digit boards.   

His D was weak but his O game was very sound. 

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 11:09:04 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
His release looked quick from highlights.

Wish Kelly would just blast it off like Kaminsky.

Not that I dislike Kelly. Decisiveness would help him a great deal, however. Not saying Kaminsky is that much more decisive or that he compares to Kelly ...after all, this is just one Summer League game, and Kelly is a proven NBA rotation player. But Kaminsky's shot looked good and confident.

Might have something to do with the swing and sway or whatever the supposedly better form of shooting is. Kelly does not use a lot of legs on his shot I don't think. Kaminsky swings and uses his whole body, kind of like Steph Curry. Seems like quite a few of our guys don't use a lot of swing and sway (and all that), but that technique seems useful.

Side note: without looking, I believe I've done pretty well with the spelling of Kaminsky's name, despite having to repeatedly type it just now.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 11:25:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
In college he was better than KO. Just my guess, but I think KO is the better pro. More athletic and is more fluid in the wide open NBA space.
  Time will tell but your not going to convince me ever saying KO is more athletic.   That is absurd on many levels as neither of these guys are athletic.   Frank, has not stepped foot on the pro court.  What makes you think KO given his worse college career?  Not to mention that Frank put up better numbers, went further in the NCAA tourney against better competition night in and out.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Kaminsky just seemed to play with more intention than Kelly.  It appeared like he consciously was setting up shots for himself by driving, and later putting up quick release jumpers (not a pump fake every time like KO).  Of course it was just a summer league game but he looked better than I thought he would.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 12:15:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We will see how good Kaminsky is vs Olynyk.

If KO gets outplayed, he will yank his arm