Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Utah Jazz (0-0) Jazz SL Game 1 7/6/15  (Read 88945 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Utah Jazz (0-0) Jazz SL Game 1 7/6/15
« Reply #525 on: July 06, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
hood > Young

Hunter could turn out to be a bust.  Not really quick, athletic.  Thin.  Low release.

oh boy
Hood is also almost 3 years older than Young. People need to take a chill pill.

What the hecks that have to do with anything?  Either you can play or you can't.  Doesn't matter what age you are.

Oh it matters a heck of a lot. There is an endless list of players that struggled in their teens who went on to be all-star level players in the NBA.

You'd have a point if they didn't both start their nba career at the same time .  Stop making excuses for young who will be a bust!

« Reply #526 on: July 06, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like Hunter. You can tell he know how to play basketball.

Where was Iverson ?

Signed with a European team.

Well dang...

« Reply #527 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
My take on our guys tonight:

Smart was dominant on offense and defense. He was aggressive and played his game. Shot selection wasn't the greatest, but he penetrated a lot and got to the line. He'll make a great leap this year if he keeps that up.

Young still looks timid and not playing his game out there. Needs to move more off the ball. Still young and it was the first summer league game. He needs to be more aggressive out there.

Didn't get a great read on Rozier. Looks good defensively, and he's super quick and athletic. Pretty good handle. Could be a nice backcourt mate with Smart in a couple of years.

Hunter definitely looks to have a high BBIQ. Reads passing lanes great, and you can tell he's got a good feel for the game. He definitely needs to bulk up some for the NBA, and he needs to learn to play without the ball in his hands all of the time.

Mickey: if he was 3 inches taller with thirty more pounds on him, he could be something special. He's got some skills, but he's got to get stronger to be effective down low and on the boards.

« Reply #528 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:34 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I like Hunter. You can tell he know how to play basketball.

Where was Iverson ?

Signed with a European team.

Well dang...

Lol...it figures we have only one center on the summer league roster and he signs with another team before the first game!

« Reply #529 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:38 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Jordan Mickey, wow

why wow? I told you folks lol

Kid has 3 blocks today.  I was expecting more

I'm not seeing it, man. The offensive game has been a pleasant surprise, but he's been basically  overpowered the entire game in his defensive rebounding/positioning. Mostly by Cooley who isn't an NBA player.

cooley is a center that weighs 270 pounds.  Mickey is playing out of position

Cooley is 6-9 and listed at 246.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2488713/jack-cooley

Mickey is close to 240. Are you kidding me?   Cooley is at least 260 I'm guessing.  The measurements you listed is probably from 2 years ago or something

Ok, but he's still not a center, he's 6-9, and he's not an NBA caliber player. Are you telling me that Mickey is going to have trouble controlling boards against the Jack Cooley's of the world?

Mickey had a great game, what do you mean he isn't NBA calibur?

« Reply #530 on: July 06, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Hunter showed a lot of small positive things despite his shot not falling.
Young needs to learn how to use his right hand better. Defense still not good. He is only 19 though so he can take his time.
Mickey needs to get stronger and box out better, but the effort is there. Things he can get now that he is on an NBA team.
Rozier played decently, has a potential to be a good defender. Got burned by Exum a couple of times but with experience he will learn how to defend that.
Smart needs to improve his finish, shot selection bad at times. Drawing contact is a good development, rebounding and passing good this game. He looked good on the post, could probably work there,

With Iverson gone, I dont expect us to win many SL games, as of now Mickey is strictly a 4, wont be able to defend the 5 until he gets stronger and experienced.

« Reply #531 on: July 06, 2015, 11:16:28 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Trying to argue the leading scorer and assist man in the game is having a bad game is high comedy at this point. hahaha
hes playing against mostly D league players. His shooting and inability to get separation at the rim has been terrible. Those two things cant be argued against.

KeepRondo =  the Debbie Downer of Marcus Smart comments ("observations")
I want him to be the next super star also but this game doesnt convince me he's gonna be. Just hoping to see him work on pulling up in the lane. These out of control drives are not working.

Dude, Smart had a monster game and had the most hustle out of anyone. Who would you rather have? Elfrid Payton?
He forced a ton of bad shots. Had a tough time finding clean air when driving and seemed out of control way too much.

Was hoping to see a better performance from him.

« Reply #532 on: July 06, 2015, 11:16:37 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Cooley is a rebounding monster for Utah. We couldn't stop him.

Nobody shut down Exum like so many predicted. This is the best Exum has ever looked.

Smart was solid. Mickey had a few flashes. Rozier has speed but not much else.

Young was terrible - sit him and send him back to where he belongs - Maine. BTW, where is that 20 lbs of muscle? Still plays weak.

Hunter had a couple anticipation steals which were good but the shots he took weren't even close.

« Reply #533 on: July 06, 2015, 11:17:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
hood > Young

Hunter could turn out to be a bust.  Not really quick, athletic.  Thin.  Low release.

oh boy

What the hecks that have to do with anything?  Either you can play or you can't.  Doesn't matter what age you are.

Oh it matters a heck of a lot. There is an endless list of players that struggled in their teens who went on to be all-star level players in the NBA.

You'd have a point if they didn't both start their nba career at the same time .

... what?  How does that affect his point?  Did his age advance several years when he signed the contract?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #534 on: July 06, 2015, 11:17:58 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
hood > Young

oh boy

In all honesty, I don't get this obsession with age.

I mean I completely get the advantage of being younger...when you've actually shown some sign of talent.  But if you've been in the NBA a year and still look completely dazed, and still look completely lacking in anything resembling an NBA skill - then I don't understand how being younger helps you.

If I have a 21 year old who has already shown flashes of skill and has clear potential tog et better...and a 19 year old who's shown no signs of skill and you just have to HOPE he can develop some...then I'm going to take the 21 year old every time.

Every Bradley looked terrible when he was a rookie, but he already did something (defense) at a very high level.  Likewise Smart was already an elite defender as a rookie.  Even with Lavine you  can make the argument because of his crazy athleticism.

Young just looks average or below average at everything right now.  I honestly suspect that even Thornton would have played better in this game than Young if he got the minutes. 

I don't see the added weight either - he still looks skinny to me.

« Reply #535 on: July 06, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Jordan Mickey, wow

why wow? I told you folks lol

Kid has 3 blocks today.  I was expecting more

I'm not seeing it, man. The offensive game has been a pleasant surprise, but he's been basically  overpowered the entire game in his defensive rebounding/positioning. Mostly by Cooley who isn't an NBA player.

cooley is a center that weighs 270 pounds.  Mickey is playing out of position

Cooley is 6-9 and listed at 246.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2488713/jack-cooley

Mickey is close to 240. Are you kidding me?   Cooley is at least 260 I'm guessing.  The measurements you listed is probably from 2 years ago or something

Ok, but he's still not a center, he's 6-9, and he's not an NBA caliber player. Are you telling me that Mickey is going to have trouble controlling boards against the Jack Cooley's of the world?

Mickey had a great game, what do you mean he isn't NBA calibur?

Talking about Cooley. And no, I don't think Mickey had a great game. There are a lot of things that don't show up in the box score.

« Reply #536 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:35 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Trying to argue the leading scorer and assist man in the game is having a bad game is high comedy at this point. hahaha
hes playing against mostly D league players. His shooting and inability to get separation at the rim has been terrible. Those two things cant be argued against.

KeepRondo =  the Debbie Downer of Marcus Smart comments ("observations")
I want him to be the next super star also but this game doesnt convince me he's gonna be. Just hoping to see him work on pulling up in the lane. These out of control drives are not working.

Dude, Smart had a monster game and had the most hustle out of anyone. Who would you rather have? Elfrid Payton?
He forced a ton of bad shots. Had a tough time finding clean air when driving and seemed out of control way too much.

Was hoping to see a better performance from him.

Yeah, I hoped he would have a triple double also. After having that first quarter it was obvious he was the only threat. The Jazz big men just sat and watched him as he drove to the paint. He took questionable shots early, but his effort was unmatched.

« Reply #537 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

If I have a 21 year old who has already shown flashes of skill and has clear potential tog et better...and a 19 year old who's shown no signs of skill and you just have to HOPE he can develop some...then I'm going to take the 21 year old every time.

Young has obviously shown skill.  And you would've missed out on some great NBA players.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #538 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Smart was dominant on offense and defense. He was aggressive and played his game. Shot selection wasn't the greatest, but he penetrated a lot and got to the line. He'll make a great leap this year if he keeps that up.

Young still looks timid and not playing his game out there. Needs to move more off the ball. Still young and it was the first summer league game. He needs to be more aggressive out there.

Didn't get a great read on Rozier. Looks good defensively, and he's super quick and athletic. Pretty good handle. Could be a nice backcourt mate with Smart in a couple of years.

Hunter definitely looks to have a high BBIQ. Reads passing lanes great, and you can tell he's got a good feel for the game. He definitely needs to bulk up some for the NBA, and he needs to learn to play without the ball in his hands all of the time.

Mickey: if he was 3 inches taller with thirty more pounds on him, he could be something special. He's got some skills, but he's got to get stronger to be effective down low and on the boards.

Young plays great in D league ......he is so awful on the Celtics though.......man I'm frustrated over his development.

« Reply #539 on: July 06, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Young plays great in D league ......he is so awful on the Celtics though.......man I'm frustrated over his development.

Fab Melo looked good there too. Something is wrong with that league. The NBA development system needs a lot of work.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird