Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Utah Jazz (0-0) Jazz SL Game 1 7/6/15  (Read 88957 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Utah Jazz (0-0) Jazz SL Game 1 7/6/15
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:26 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Anyone else disappointed in Smart and Young in this game?

Smart trying to lead by example, can't fault that.  First game so there will be some fatigue and chemistry issues all around.  Young is terrible.
Exum has been the player showing more game. Kind of surprised. Smart needs to expand his game.

It'll be interesting how Smart furthers his career.  It's SUPER early, obviously.  But I was sorta hoping we'd see less 3s, more drives and mid-range...not so much.  It immediately makes me think of Rasheed Wallace.  How often did we hear "SHEED, GO TO THE POST!" in his career?  He knew he was unstoppable down there, but for whatever reason, he just never did it as much as he should.

I'm really hoping we don't see a version of Smart like this where we're constantly yelling "SMART, DRIVE!" or "SMART, STOP CHUCKING UP 3s"...luckily, I think Marcus Smart might have a bit more work ethic than Rasheed, and is a little more coachable.  So hopefully, sooner rather than later, it will click with Smart that chucking up 3s is doing his team a disservice.
unfortunately these drives keep ending with wild attempts to score. Agreed on everything you said about his three point chucking and needing that mid range game. With him not getting thst clean air at the rim, he needs to be able to rise up from near the paint or in.

« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't see why our guard rotation can't remain the same and have Rozier take pressey's minutes.  James Young has to fit in there somewhere.

Seriously, I want nothing more than to trade Bradley and Turner, and then play a 4 guard rotation of Thomas / Smart / Young / Rozier

I don't care if Rozier is a little raw at first.  He's 21 years old, sending him to the D-League for a year isn't worth it.

I'll take that.  Keep Bradley for now though.  Trade Turner.

« Reply #362 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:38 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Smart always in the thick of the 50/50 balls

« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2015, 10:31:03 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I love how Smart seems to want nothing more than to get to the line.  Working on that Harden style.

This should be maybe his best offensive skill if he develops right so I am glad to see him really attacking.  He is so strong he can absorb contact like a little LeBron.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #364 on: July 06, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I like the way Jordan Mickey is basically having a better game than Exum.

« Reply #365 on: July 06, 2015, 10:31:59 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
crazy how smart lacks expulsion on his drives.

I wonder if he lacks a spell check
who cares. People are trying to post quickly. You knew what he meant.

« Reply #366 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:24 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Smart wins the tip, lol

« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The only possible complaint anyone can have about Smart is his 3-Point shot selection. Other than that he's dominated the game.

Totally agreed.

Yea, totally agreed. But don't you see how that is THE problem for him? Apologize if I have high expectations for him, but I wouldn't care if I didn't think he had major upside.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #368 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hunter doesn't look ready to play at the NBA level.  Gonna need to add strength and find his pace.

Mickey looks ready to make an impact in small minutes.  Rebounding, blocking shots, finishing inside.  Looks like an NBA player to me.

Rozier has been entirely invisible.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #369 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:18 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Hunter will end up being a shooter off the bench ultimately and a good one.  Going to take time though.

BOth Hunter and Young struggling.  Shooting the 3 in general is not good.  We are going to need that shooting.

« Reply #370 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Hunter doesn't look ready to play at the NBA level.  Gonna need to add strength and find his pace.

Mickey looks ready to make an impact in small minutes.  Rebounding, blocking shots, finishing inside.  Looks like an NBA player to me.

Rozier has been entirely invisible.

TP! Exactly how I see it too.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #371 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:34 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
God this game is just making me wonder why we didnt take Portis or Dekker.  ::)

Rozier looks like Marcus Banks.

« Reply #372 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The only possible complaint anyone can have about Smart is his 3-Point shot selection. Other than that he's dominated the game.

Totally agreed.

Yea, totally agreed. But don't you see how that is THE problem for him? Apologize if I have high expectations for him, but I wouldn't care if I didn't think he had major upside.
Same.

« Reply #373 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Totally agreed.

He is dominating the game.

I hope he keeps improving his three point shot.  I know he jacks them at times but his shot keeps getting better.  People wanting him to focus on midrange are missing how the league is going entirely.  He should be following a Harden like approach.  Smart should be attacking the rim foremost and that's exactly what he's doing, and he should be opening up the floor with a three point shot.  We don't need another Avery taking long twos.

In summer league especially, I want to see him taking a lot of shots.  This is his chance to own the ball every game and if he's confident on offense and shooting a lot I'm fine with that.

Stevens system is based on taking a lot of threes.  That's how it is guys.  And I am happy seeing Smart being so aggressive on offense.  Says a lot for his progress.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #374 on: July 06, 2015, 10:37:06 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Smart had a couple of bad shot selections, then had a few where he had to chuck up a shot due to shotclock that he missed. He was driving a lot, granted a lot of times he kicked out. Looks to me like he is taking off a bit early. Didnt see him getting abused by exum, a lot of the times exum got to the rim he was guarded by rozier. He is rebounding pretty well and getting to the line a lot. So other than some bad threes, he looks good.