Author Topic: Kosta Koufos agrees to four-year, $33M deal with the Sacramento Kings  (Read 11743 times)

Re: Kosta Koufos agrees to four-year, $33M deal with the Sacramento Kings
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
SAC has the ability to go small, fast, and spread the floor:

1-  Collison
2-  McLemore
3-  Bellinelli
4-  Gay
5-  Cousins/WCS

While still being able to go big and dominate down low:

1-  Rondo/ Collison
2-  McLemore/ Bellinelli
3-  Gay
4-  Cousins
5-  Koufos/ WCS

If they can pick up one more wing player I think they will have drastically improved their depth this offseason, now if they sign Josh Smith then I think they will implode and Cousins will be available by New Years at the latest.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Kings have improved for sure. McLemore should be ready to take the next step, Bellinelli is solid, Gay scores well. Koufos is an excellent backup center. WCS should defend well for now. If they got Josh Smith along with Rondo, the entertainment factor rises even more.

The fact is, with this King team, and this coach, Cousins should be able to win, be happy, not implode, and be very effective. (This is what you call giving him enough rope.)

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I don't understand the criticism of the move.  They got a quality player at what has become a very reasonable price.  $8.25 million is chump change in this market. 

I mean, ask yourself:  would you rather have Koufos, or Jonas Jerebko + $3 million?  The Kings got much better value.

The Kings still need a PF who can shoot, and a backup SF.  Overall, though, I like their free agent signings, even if I hated the trade.

I think the issue is that they've got DMC and WCS and made a 3 to 4 year commitment to a big who's averaged over 7 pts, 6 rebs, and .9 blks a game just one time in his career.

You can argue that if you're the Kings, you need to add any talent you can.  You can also argue that bad teams should never make long term deals with career bench guys.

Mike
WCS is an unproven rookie.  It is unrealistic to expect him to start right away.  Koufos' contract is reasonable and will be even more so as the cap jumps 40mil over the next two years.  It is not like they have good backup bigs on their team already.  The Kings tried to attract some better free agents (Mathews, Ellis, Harris, ...) but couldn't.  Their best chance to get back to relevancy is to push hard for the playoffs. With the Blazers out of it and the Clips without a center, the Kings have an outside shot to do so.   
I agree. The Kings are making a push to win now. WCS is going to take some time to adjust. Or it will take Karl some time to adjust as to how to use WCS. This buys them some time.

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Kings have improved for sure. McLemore should be ready to take the next step, Bellinelli is solid, Gay scores well. Koufos is an excellent backup center. WCS should defend well for now. If they got Josh Smith along with Rondo, the entertainment factor rises even more.

The fact is, with this King team, and this coach, Cousins should be able to win, be happy, not implode, and be very effective. (This is what you call giving him enough rope.)

The "this coach" thing is a tough sell for me. DMC + Rondo + Smith + Karl would be explosive, one way or another.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I think the Kings have a better lineup than the Mavs on paper. The race for 8th will be intense.

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2015, 05:24:27 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I think the Kings have a better lineup than the Mavs on paper. The race for 8th will be intense.

I think there's more than 7 or 8 teams in the West that look stronger coming into this season than the Mavs do.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I think there's more than 7 or 8 teams in the West that look stronger coming into this season than the Mavs do.
It will be interesting to see how the mavericks do when they try to force the offense through Deandre Jordan or how Deandre Jordan takes it when the Mavs take back that promise if he struggles.

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2015, 06:41:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Mavs are TOO thin with talent .

Dirk is bound to,get hurt

But he has to,play ...if they have any hope of playoffs

Utah , NO , Kings gonna be tuff out for the Mavs

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

The "this coach" thing is a tough sell for me. DMC + Rondo + Smith + Karl would be explosive, one way or another.

What they need is to add....

Kobe ........ ;D

That would be WWIII

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
The kings have passed the Blazer. I see them gettig to the Playoff. Karl will find away.
Warriors
Spurs
Grizzlies
OKC
Rockets
Clippers
Pelicans
Kings
Suns
Dalls
Wolves
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek