Author Topic: Predict The Exact record for the C's next year.  (Read 9727 times)

Re: Predict The Exact record for the C's next year.
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't see how we people here say that we are going to be worse than last year.

Because middle of the road teams never win fewer games than the year before.

(Except, for example, the 2006 Celts, who won only 33 games the year after winning 45)
The issue with teams that lack talent and rely on focus... Is that they can break that focus. When you are streaking, it's not hard to tune in to the plan.  But when you are getting outplayed and the reality sets in that you are an underdog team, players have trouble giving 100% commitment. I saw it with those early Pitino teams. They were able to out-effort some teams early and execute pitino's plan admirably... But eventually the lack of talent caught up with them and they stopped listening.  That's not to say that brad will lose these players.  Brad had a great temperament.  But I think when you eliminate the element of surprise that Boston had late last year, it will be hard to replicate that same success.  This looks like a 32 win team to me.  Someone told me earlier that we were a bottom 10 team with 3 games to go.  This roster isn't good.  I'm not sure Stevens will be able to pull off the same magic again.

I'm reluctant to make a guess, because I'm reluctant to accept this is our opening day roster.  I hope for ttades.  As-is, this looks like a lottery team to me.  If we get significant improvement out of the young players or we pull off some big trades, my perspective will change.  But right now I find it hard to believe this team can win 40 again.

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I don't see how we people here say that we are going to be worse than last year. Like really, for half the season we had rondo and green, The team that should be looked at is the post all star group. We didn't get worse in the off season, I think people are still salty that we didn't make a big "Splash". Its not Danny's fault no one wanted to come here. I can't picture any way our team actually gets worse, like some people here predict. Tanking is not the answer to all problems.

go look up the 07-08 washington wizards.  scrappy team that had no discernable superstar and relied on both team play and overachieving players to bring themselves to the 5th seed in the East that season.  the front office was so satisfied that they brought back the majority of their team the next season to watch the growth.  now go look up the 08-09 washington wizards.

What happened to then was no Gilbert Arenas,

you mean the Gilbert Arenas that played 13 games in the 07/08 season as well?  sooooo that doesn't matter.  but the point is there's plenty more examples of scrappy teams with no superstar making the playoffs one year and falling off greatly the next than there are those that make the playoffs one year and actually improve the next.  another example is the 09/10 bobcats and the 10/11 bobcats.  scrappy team.  team ball.  7 seed the first year with 44 wins.  essentially the same lineup/core brought back.  34 wins the following year.

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
35 wins

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2015, 04:18:10 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
41-41.  First .500 season in a while.  Good enough for the 7th or 8th seed in the East.

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I don't see how we people here say that we are going to be worse than last year.

(Except, for example, the 2006 Celts, who won only 33 games the year after winning 45)

Never say Never Pho!

This thread was funny. Can't believe I used the words Jibba Jabber, but hey that's what I was feeling...

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 10:03:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
the 48 wins and more talk is absolutely delusional. 

best case: 44 - 38
worst case: 24 - 58

official prediction: 36 - 46

And the delusional comment now seems totally and utterly delusional haha.

Tp's to all the posters that went 46 wins plus.

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 10:05:29 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

The issue with teams that lack talent and rely on focus... Is that they can break that focus. When you are streaking, it's not hard to tune in to the plan.  But when you are getting outplayed and the reality sets in that you are an underdog team, players have trouble giving 100% commitment. I saw it with those early Pitino teams. They were able to out-effort some teams early and execute pitino's plan admirably... But eventually the lack of talent caught up with them and they stopped listening.  That's not to say that brad will lose these players.  Brad had a great temperament.  But I think when you eliminate the element of surprise that Boston had late last year, it will be hard to replicate that same success.  This looks like a 32 win team to me.  Someone told me earlier that we were a bottom 10 team with 3 games to go.  This roster isn't good.  I'm not sure Stevens will be able to pull off the same magic again.

I'm reluctant to make a guess, because I'm reluctant to accept this is our opening day roster.  I hope for ttades.  As-is, this looks like a lottery team to me.  If we get significant improvement out of the young players or we pull off some big trades, my perspective will change.  But right now I find it hard to believe this team can win 40 again.

I hate to pile on you LB, but before the season you said the Nets would likely win 40 games and we would be lucky to crack 40 wins. Here we are, a half a year later and the Celtics are 12 games over .500 with a very legit shot at 50 wins while Brooklyn will be likely to crack 25, giving us a top 5 pick in this draft.

Almost our whole team is under 27, we have one of the brightest futures in the league. Jump on the bandwagon while there's still a seat, because the C's will be an upper-echelon team soon enough.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2016, 10:07:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
51-31 and yes I'm actually being serious. Please don't flame me until the season is actually at least half over.

This comment is awesome as well.

Please don't flame me.

Poor guy is scared of the reactions here for just speaking his mind. And he might actually have been right!

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I hate to pile on you LB, but before the season you said the Nets would likely win 40 games and we would be lucky to crack 40 wins. Here we are, a half a year later and the Celtics are 12 games over .500 with a very legit shot at 50 wins while Brooklyn will be likely to crack 25, giving us a top 5 pick in this draft.

Almost our whole team is under 27, we have one of the brightest futures in the league. Jump on the bandwagon while there's still a seat, because the C's will be an upper-echelon team soon enough.

;D

A swing and a miss...what else is new?

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2016, 10:14:10 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
TP KG for bringing this one back. Even though we won't know if anybody is actually exactly right until the end of the season, we have a good idea of what to expect.

I am just happy I had them above .500 so I don't get 'flamed.'

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
No one obviously gets everything right - I definitely didn't think they'd be this good - but it is kinda funny some of the people who were relatively high on Brooklyn also thought the Celtics would lose more games than last season.

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

;D

A swing and a miss...what else is new?

At this point, I am pretty sure Eddie20 is LarBrd  ;D

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
49-33.  I'm on board.

I'm feeling pretty solid about my call.

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2016, 10:18:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I had 42-40. I thought I had us better than that (48-34, I believe), but I'm pretty sure that particular prediction of mine was after we traded Wallace for Lee, which was a couple of days after the start of this thread. I think we'll be right around 48 wins, but it sure wasn't from Lee's help lol

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2016, 10:25:16 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i dont think i posted in this thread, but if i had, i would have said 42-42 at best.

geez, i honestly thought this team would probably take a step back and be around 38-40 wins. instead the jumped ahead.

serve up that crow with a side of egg for my face.

i....was...soooooo...wrong...and i am happy about it.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva