Author Topic: This looks like a lotto squad to me  (Read 36597 times)

Re: This looks like a lotto squad to me
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2015, 09:38:13 AM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
Philly has some good talented young players who are going to mature. Plus they have some trade pieces to make their team better. As constructed I think they will only win around 30 games but I think they will make a big trade that will help them.

As for NJ, they still have Lopez, Johnson and Williams. Young will help them out as well, in a weak East I still think they have the veteran talent to compete for the 8th seed. They won 38 I think last season and their team was injured half of it. Of course if they aren't healthy they may be cellar dwellers.

« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This team hopefully does make the lottery. I still don't understand why we made the playoffs or everyone wanted us to make the playoffs. For what? We were swept lol. We are years and years away from being relevant, no free agents are coming here and no one will trade with us, so our only chance is the lottery. I think making the playoffs this year was a huge mistake. Even if we got the 10th pick we could of drafted justice or wks. I would change teams with Philly, Orlando or Minny at this time, since theyre teams have a higher ceiling and more talent. 

As for the playoffs we won't be making them, thank God! NY will win at least 41 games, and Miami will be a 3 or 4 seed. Those 2 teams making the playoffs will knock us out.

2015-2016 Predictions

1. Cleveland (60)
2. Miami (55)
3. Chicago (50)
4. Washington (47)
5. Milwaukee (45)
6. Toronto (44)
7. Atlanta (44)
8. NJ/NY (42)
9. NY/NJ (42)
10. Phi (39)
11. Char (37)
12. Orlando (36)
13. Indiana (35)
14. Boston (33)
15. Detroit (30)
That comes out to an average of 42.6 which means you think the East is going to be better than the West.  Wholly unrealistic.

I also find it funny you say Miami will be a 3 or 4 seed and then have them with 55 wins and the 2nd seed. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
lol oops I meant a 2/3 seed not 3/4. My bad

« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2015, 09:47:18 AM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
teams 10-15 I think are pretty interchangeable. Again this is all with a healthy team. Miami could lose Wade for half the season and drop them down to a 4-8 seed. I do think Philly will make a trade, they have too many bigs. Charlotte is bound to pick up some wins. Big Al, MKG, Mo, Hawes, Batum, Biyombo and Walker have some talent. Plus who knows what Big Frank will bring.

« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2015, 10:27:23 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let's try to put it in terms of tiers.

Things can fall any number of ways within tiers, but as of now this is how it appears the league will break down, except when major injuries get involved.

1-4
Golden State
OKC
San Antonio
Cleveland
------
5-7
Houston
Memphis
Atlanta
----
8-12
Dallas
LAC
Chicago
Washington
Miami

-----
13-18
New Orleans
Toronto
Indiana
Charlotte

Phoenix
Milwaukee
----
19-25
Utah
Brooklyn
Detroit
Boston
New York
Orlando

Sacramento
----
26-30
Portland
LAL
Denver
Minnesota
Philadelphia

Just a rough guideline, but you'll notice there are 9 teams in the East ahead of the Celts, and 5 other teams in the East competing in the same territory with the Celts.  Based on that, as far as the making the playoffs is concerned, I'd bet on the field.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2015, 10:46:12 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1-4
Golden State
OKC
San Antonio
Cleveland

5-7
Houston
Memphis
LAC

8-12
Dallas
Chicago
Milwaukee
Miami
Atalanta

13-17
New Orleans
Toronto
Washington
Boston
Utah

18-22
Phoenix
Indiana
Charlotte
Orlando

22-25
Sacramento
Brooklyn
Detroit
Minnesota
Portland

27-30
Philly
Denver
LAL

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2015, 10:55:44 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Things can fall any number of ways within tiers, but as of now this is how it appears the league will break down, except when major injuries get involved.

1-4
Golden State
OKC
San Antonio
Cleveland
------
5-7
Houston
Memphis
Atlanta
----
8-12
Dallas
LAC
Chicago
Washington
Miami

-----
13-18
New Orleans
Toronto
Indiana
Charlotte

Phoenix
Milwaukee
----
19-25
Utah
Brooklyn
Detroit
Boston
New York
Orlando

Sacramento
----
26-30
Portland
LAL
Denver
Minnesota
Philadelphia

Just a rough guideline, but you'll notice there are 9 teams in the East ahead of the Celts, and 5 other teams in the East competing in the same territory with the Celts.  Based on that, as far as the making the playoffs is concerned, I'd bet on the field.

Your putting Charlotte a tier above us? And above the Bucks?

And were in the same tier as a NY team who is literally Carmelo, a intriguing rookie who probably won't contribute anything right away (Porzingas) and little else? Melo coming back with Robin Lopez will require an insane season from Carmelo just to be in the conversation for the 8th seed. Orlando? Really? They were awful last year and did little to improve. So your buying their young guys growing but not ours? Sacramento?!?!?!

I get it, a lot if people were disappointed with how this off-season has gone so far. To a degree I have been too. But we're easily a tier above Orlando and NYK. This team went 24-12 over it's last 36. That's not a small sample size. Teams like NY or Orlando can't pull that off.

« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:59 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This team hopefully does make the lottery. I still don't understand why we made the playoffs or everyone wanted us to make the playoffs. For what? We were swept lol. We are years and years away from being relevant, no free agents are coming here and no one will trade with us, so our only chance is the lottery. I think making the playoffs this year was a huge mistake. Even if we got the 10th pick we could of drafted justice or wks. I would change teams with Philly, Orlando or Minny at this time, since theyre teams have a higher ceiling and more talent. 

As for the playoffs we won't be making them, thank God! NY will win at least 41 games, and Miami will be a 3 or 4 seed. Those 2 teams making the playoffs will knock us out.

2015-2016 Predictions

1. Cleveland (60)
2. Miami (55)
3. Chicago (50)
4. Washington (47)
5. Milwaukee (45)
6. Toronto (44)
7. Atlanta (44)
8. NJ/NY (42)
9. NY/NJ (42)
10. Phi (39)
11. Char (37)
12. Orlando (36)
13. Indiana (35)
14. Boston (33)
15. Detroit (30)

I don't have any regrets about making the playoffs. That should be the goal every year for every team (unless you just plain suck like Philly.)

It's just unfortunate we drew the Cavs. Had we gotten the 6th or 8th seed and played the Hawks or the Raptors, the outcome might've been much different.

« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

2015-2016 Predictions

1. Cleveland (60)
2. Miami (55)
3. Chicago (50)
4. Washington (47)
5. Milwaukee (45)
6. Toronto (44)
7. Atlanta (44)
8. NJ/NY (42)
9. NY/NJ (42)
10. Phi (39)
11. Char (37)
12. Orlando (36)
13. Indiana (35)
14. Boston (33)
15. Detroit (30)

I don't have any regrets about making the playoffs. That should be the goal every year for every team (unless you just plain suck like Philly.)

It's just unfortunate we drew the Cavs. Had we gotten the 6th or 8th seed and played the Hawks or the Raptors, the outcome might've been much different.
The goal should be winning titles not making the playoffs.  And I know you can't win a title unless you make the playoffs, but you can't win a title even if you make the playoffs if you have a bad team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2015, 11:26:09 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

2015-2016 Predictions

1. Cleveland (60)
2. Miami (55)
3. Chicago (50)
4. Washington (47)
5. Milwaukee (45)
6. Toronto (44)
7. Atlanta (44)
8. NJ/NY (42)
9. NY/NJ (42)
10. Phi (39)
11. Char (37)
12. Orlando (36)
13. Indiana (35)
14. Boston (33)
15. Detroit (30)
That comes out to an average of 42.6 which means you think the East is going to be better than the West.  Wholly unrealistic.

I also find it funny you say Miami will be a 3 or 4 seed and then have them with 55 wins and the 2nd seed.

I can see teams like the Wizards, Raptors, and Atlanta falling back to the pack a little bit.  If everything falls right for the Heat I can see them 55, but maybe 45 to 50 wins is more likely.  There is still too many unknowns.  The Pacers front court is a big question mark if both West and Hibbert leave.  Lots of changes with the Hornets.  Not sure if they will improve at all.  There is no way Philly wins 39 games.  I think Orlando has some nice upside to their team. I don't know if they have enough spacing and shooting.  If the Nets trade Joe Johnson for cap relief that is easily going to peg them down at least 5 wins.  I don't know if the Pistons will improve at all after losing Monroe, but they have an interesting team.

For me if Sully and Smart in the starting lineup make nice improvement to their games we will be right in the mix.

« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
For me if Sully and Smart in the starting lineup make nice improvement to their games we will be right in the mix.
  I would not hold my breadth on Sully improving.  Your talking about a guy who shot threes all summer last year and barely raised his percentage 1% not to mention his doughboy fitness.   It is do or die, so maybe he will get it.

« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2015, 06:48:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

1-4
Golden State
OKC
San Antonio
Cleveland
------
5-7
Houston
Memphis
Atlanta
----
8-12
Dallas
LAC
Chicago
Washington
Miami

-----
13-18
New Orleans
Toronto
Indiana
Charlotte

Phoenix
Milwaukee
----
19-25
Utah
Brooklyn
Detroit
Boston
New York
Orlando

Sacramento
----
26-30
Portland
LAL
Denver
Minnesota
Philadelphia

You make it seem so official and scientific when you call it a guideline and give it a tiered breakdown.

Nicely done. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

1-4
Golden State
OKC
San Antonio
Cleveland
------
5-7
Houston
Memphis
Atlanta
----
8-12
Dallas
LAC
Chicago
Washington
Miami

-----
13-18
New Orleans
Toronto
Indiana
Charlotte

Phoenix
Milwaukee
----
19-25
Utah
Brooklyn
Detroit
Boston
New York
Orlando

Sacramento
----
26-30
Portland
LAL
Denver
Minnesota
Philadelphia

Indiana losing West and Hibbert and adding Ellis does not exactly make them improve. Do they have the worst frontcourt in the entire league? I think Turner will be great but aside from number 1 guys like Shaq and Howard rookie centers don't dominate. They have mahimi, turner and lavoy allen? Ouch!

« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »

Offline Lakersalltheway

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
start the tank...

« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Smart, Sullinger, Gerald Wallace and all the picks for Paul George anyone?