Author Topic: Kyle O’Quinn agrees to a four-year, $16M deal with the New York Knicks  (Read 2626 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Sources: Free agent Kyle O’Quinn has agreed to a four-year, $16M deal with New York. Knicks acquire him in sign-and-trade with Orlando.

Sources: As part of O'Quinn sign-and-trade, New York will send Orlando cash and the right of swap a second-round draft pick in 2019.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Sources: Free agent Kyle O’Quinn has agreed to a four-year, $16M deal with New York. Knicks acquire him in sign-and-trade with Orlando.

Sources: As part of O'Quinn sign-and-trade, New York will send Orlando cash and the right of swap a second-round draft pick in 2019.

That seals it—Knicks will win the division.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
He's not going to make much of a difference in NY but I really like O' Quinn as a bench big. Very solid basketball player.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I expect NYC to start O'Quinn at PF alongside R.Lopez at C. Bring Porzingis off the bench.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
williams and now o'quinn. i dont think that phil jackson is an outstanding scout of basketball talent based upon these signings. i do believe a good portion of his success is to go to teams that had great players jordan, pippen, oneal. 

then again, jackson is not an idiot and his hands are tied by the current level of general suck of the knicks. maybe o'quinn and williams finally get out of bad situations for their style and flourish in nyc. maybe.

but 4 years of o'quinn at any price seems a bit much. lets see if jackson can work magic with these sow's ears.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Oquinn can start and be fairly effective.  He's a workman. Brandon bass level starter. Knicks have made some decent pickups this offseason. I wonder if they will regret passing on mudiay.  They need a pg don't they?

They look like a playoff team to me this year.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Oquinn can start and be fairly effective.  He's a workman. Brandon bass level starter. Knicks have made some decent pickups this offseason. I wonder if they will regret passing on mudiay.  They need a pg don't they?
yes they do. but usually a team cant fill all their holes all at once. this year they got porzingas. next year, let's see what they do. but i hope they still suck.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I don't get what the Knicks are doing. Everybody says Porzingis won't be ready for 2 seasons, Carmelo Anthony is already 30 years old, and they're signing every mediocre veteran free agent they can get their hands on. This team, as is, still might not make the playoffs even in the East.

Jackson needs to pick a plan. You either go Carmelo or Prozingis.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't get what the Knicks are doing. Everybody says Porzingis won't be ready for 2 seasons, Carmelo Anthony is already 30 years old, and they're signing every mediocre veteran free agent they can get their hands on. This team, as is, still might not make the playoffs even in the East.

I think he will. It will just be further down the line - 2016 trade deadline, 2016 summer, 2017 trade deadline. I expect he'll trade Carmelo at one of those junctures.

Then again, maybe Porzingis shows enough that Phil Jackson can trade him for a ready made star and turn the Knicks into a contender. Although I think this is much less likely than Phil trading Carmelo and rebuilding fully.

From the sounds of comments after the draft -- New York wanted a quick rebuild but the draft didn't go there way. They felt Porzingis was the most talented guy on the board and too good too pass up. So they took him. Now their plans are in flux. Free agency happened. That didn't go their way either. No stars went there. So that will push them further away from the instant rebuild. Now they are trying to build a competitive team. And based on how that goes, I think they will decide whether they can (1) keep Melo and Porzingis together (2) trade carmelo and go full rebuild [my expected option] (3) find a way to get a new star to play with Melo most likely via 2016 FA [which I reckon is last chance saloon for building a contender around Melo in NYC].

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

They have no first rounder in 2016, so they have no reason to tank.  They also have had some of the worst GMing in league history, so they've got a fanbase happy to see the team making "meh" moves like signing O'Quinn because at least it isn't a horrible mistake. 

And may I say I am shocked, SHOCKED, that LarBrd has found yet another marginal NBA player who excites him more than anyone on the Celtics.

Mike

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
They have no first rounder in 2016, so they have no reason to tank.  They also have had some of the worst GMing in league history, so they've got a fanbase happy to see the team making "meh" moves like signing O'Quinn because at least it isn't a horrible mistake. 

And may I say I am shocked, SHOCKED, that LarBrd has found yet another marginal NBA player who excites him more than anyone on the Celtics.
It won't make sense to tank this season but it would still make sense to trade Carmelo for a young talent that can develop alonside Porzingis. Either that or move Prozingis for someone who can contribute now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008