Author Topic: Lakers and Pacers in trade discussions for Roy Hibbert  (Read 19335 times)

Re: Lakers and Pacers in trade discussions for Roy Hibbert
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2015, 07:13:14 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I live in LA and my friends that are Laker fans are going crazy thinking they just won the lotto 
  They should take a look at how OSU guys do in the pros, that will bring them out of the clouds quickly.

Yeah Mike Conley's a loser.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2015, 07:16:34 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This will not end well.  :-[

Not for the Lakers, but it should be pretty entertaining for us Celtics fans. Hibbert will get hurt at some point, probably play no more than 65 games, be mostly ineffective on offense, and make Kobe really mad a lot.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Larry Bird is not a Lakers fan.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This will not end well.  :-[

Not for the Lakers, but it should be pretty entertaining for us Celtics fans. Hibbert will get hurt at some point, probably play no more than 65 games, be mostly ineffective on offense, and make Kobe really mad a lot.

You have to remember that Kobe doesn't want anyone else to shoot the ball so Hibbert will be fine for him.

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline Soytiz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
They are not going anywhere with Hibbert. So this really shouldn't be affecting us.

On a side note however, I just wanted to state that I hope Adam Silver has removed the NBA's Lakers bias from the Stern administration.

Just thinking about how we could've won another 2 championships in the Big 3 era (Paul, Kevin, Ray) had the gods not cast their bolts upon us... whew!

Further:
Boston 17 - 16 Lakers World Championships
- Let's say we won another 2 championships in 09 and 10 thus cancelling the 2 Lakers championships = 19-14
- Had the Portland and Sacramento series' been officiated properly during the 01 and 02 Lakers championship seasons = 19-12

So, in my mind, this shouldn't even be close. Sorry for the rant, had an ugly spat with a Laker fan earlier today... And yes, EFF the Lakers.

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2015, 07:26:39 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
They are not going anywhere with Hibbert. So this really shouldn't be affecting us.

On a side note however, I just wanted to state that I hope Adam Silver has removed the NBA's Lakers bias from the Stern administration.

Just thinking about how we could've won another 2 championships in the Big 3 era (Paul, Kevin, Ray) had the gods not cast their bolts upon us... whew!

Further:
- Let's say we won another 2 championships in 09 and 10 thus cancelling the 2 Lakers championships = 19-14
- Had the Portland and Sacramento series' been officiated properly during the 01 and 02 Lakers championship seasons = 19-12

So, in my mind, this shouldn't even be close. Sorry for the rant, had an ugly spat with a Laker fan earlier today...

No worries---you are SPOT ON with this--!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They'll  probably dangle him at the trade deadline when some big men go down before the playoffs.
I'm pretty sure he can be traded this season. Can anyone confirm?
Clippers could use him and so,could any team in the top 10 teams who lose a big man to injury...and there's always one.
kupchak looks at teams like Chicago that will ask for Doug McDermott in return for a rental of hibbert.
If the Mavs lose deandre or if Asia goes down for the pelicans Etc...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Jerry Buss Effed Up big time--when he did NOT make Jerry West President of the team--instead he chose his kid(s)----and it's been downhill ever since---West was the one who built those great Lakers teams---Not any of the Buss's or Kupchak...oh well---Screw the Lakers--I hope they never win another game EVER.

At least West is now laughing at the Lakers front office with his new GS ring. ;D

People talk about how great Curry is but people forget that it was Jerry West who built the team. He is also responsible for the Kobe-Shaq 3peat.

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
This sounds like desperation.
I don't understand the move from the Lakers side. What is the point?
They really think they can make Hibbert travels back in time?
They are better of tanking another year imo.
Unless they get another top 3 pick next year they own it to the 76ers.

That's the strangest part about this trade. If the Lakers are trying to improve themselves for this year from this deal, than that just makes things worse for them long term.

Can someone explain to me what exactly the Lakers are trying to do? They already struck out with everyone else they were targetting. Why not just accept that this will be another down year and make sure you land in the top 3? You're not the Knicks where you absolutely have to do something. You can bottom out this year and not worry about a thing.

The thing is, their pick become unprotected in 2017. No matter what, they will have to give a good pick to Philly next year or the year after. I don't see how they can make the playoff the next 2 years.

Well yeah but in the Lakers case, since you're main priority is to win by acquiring top notch free agents, why not just accept how awful you are going to be this year since you struck out on every guy you chased this summer and bottom out to the lowest 3, then chase after free agents next summer with all the cap space you have next year, get some good free agents and hopefully not give a top-5 pick to Philly in 2017? Even with Hibbert and a fully healthy Kobe, I don't see one team in the west who could potentially be worse than the Lakers next year. The only two teams I can think of who could be worse are Portland and Minnesota.

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I live in LA and my friends that are Laker fans are going crazy thinking they just won the lotto 
  They should take a look at how OSU guys do in the pros, that will bring them out of the clouds quickly.

Johnny Havlicek, he stunk too.

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Further:

So, in my mind, this shouldn't even be close. Sorry for the rant, had an ugly spat with a Laker fan earlier today... And yes, EFF the Lakers.

TP.  Lakers are the only team in the world that I can say that I truly feel hate toward.  Painful to watch them once again get a great draft pick this year.  Hope Hibbert at least helps them enough to give away their pick.

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2015, 07:46:42 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Sullinger is a bust! ::)

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2015, 07:47:33 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I assume Ainge thinks that what Johnson has to offer is more than what Hibbert has to offer.

One can spread the floor and one can't

TP.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
This sounds like desperation.
I don't understand the move from the Lakers side. What is the point?
They really think they can make Hibbert travels back in time?
They are better of tanking another year imo.
Unless they get another top 3 pick next year they own it to the 76ers.

That's the strangest part about this trade. If the Lakers are trying to improve themselves for this year from this deal, than that just makes things worse for them long term.

Can someone explain to me what exactly the Lakers are trying to do? They already struck out with everyone else they were targetting. Why not just accept that this will be another down year and make sure you land in the top 3? You're not the Knicks where you absolutely have to do something. You can bottom out this year and not worry about a thing.

The thing is, their pick become unprotected in 2017. No matter what, they will have to give a good pick to Philly next year or the year after. I don't see how they can make the playoff the next 2 years.

Well yeah but in the Lakers case, since you're main priority is to win by acquiring top notch free agents, why not just accept how awful you are going to be this year since you struck out on every guy you chased this summer and bottom out to the lowest 3, then chase after free agents next summer with all the cap space you have next year, get some good free agents and hopefully not give a top-5 pick to Philly in 2017? Even with Hibbert and a fully healthy Kobe, I don't see one team in the west who could potentially be worse than the Lakers next year. The only two teams I can think of who could be worse are Portland and Minnesota.
Denver could be worse.  Sacramento could be worse if the Karl/Cousins issues blow up.  Several East teams could be worse. 

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I assume Ainge thinks that what Johnson has to offer is more than what Hibbert has to offer.

One can spread the floor and one can't

TP.

Roy Hibbert made 66 for 150 jump shots from 16-23 feet last season.
Amir Johnson made 11 for 24 two points 16-23 feet and 19-47 3 pointers.

30 made jump shots for Amir to
66 made jump shots for Hibbert beyond 15 feet.

Both players played similar amount of games and minutes.