Author Topic: Idea - Kenneth Faried Trade  (Read 7262 times)

Re: Idea - Kenneth Faried Trade
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 12:39:06 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
This is just an idea to ask.  Yes, Kenneth Faried mostly plays the power forward but is undersized, more the size of a small forward.  Granted he doesn't give you the typical score you want from a small forward, but he does do a lot of other things.  This would be basically a one year trial at the small forward spot and then could be move back to the power forward next year if we don't resign Sully. 

Career averages
Points - 12.2
Rebounds - 8.7
Assists - 1.1
Blocks - 0.9
Steals - 0.9

Year       Age   Base Salary   Cap Hit   
2015-16   25   $11,235,955   $11,235,955   
2016-17   26   $12,078,652   $12,078,652   
2017-18   27   $12,921,348   $12,921,348   
2018-19   28   $13,764,045   $13,764,045   

Yes, some big number but when the new deals kick in, not so bad.  Plus Johnson contract is two years with next years non guaranteed which is great for trading next year.  Faried can step in next year and be a solid starting power forward for us. 

Trade
Denver Nuggets - Kenneth Faried

For

Boston Celtics - Gerald Wallace, 2016 Boston 1st or Two 2nd rounders. 

The Nuggets get out of a contract they don't want and so do the Celtics.  We're able to turn get rid of a draft pick or two, since we have so many for a starter right away.  Can fill our need as a starting small forward for a year and power forward next year.  Wallace's last year is $10,105,855 so we basically get Faried for a million this year to what we'd have on our salary now.  Plus gives Denver Salary cap space next year.

Just a thought and figured I'd see what people thought.

This won't be enough to get the Manimal but I wanted to expand on this trade idea with Denver because I think they are a good trade partner. We can pull of a blockbuster with them which would fill our needs.

Celts get:Lawson, Faried and Chandler
Denver gets:Bradley, Sully, Turner, Wallace, a future 1st and a future second.

We move Smart to SG with Lawson as the starting PG.

Faried at PF with Amir at C and Chandler starting at SF

The only thing I'd change would be KO instead of Sully.  Think they'd want him more because of his contract.  Also I rather keep Sully because he can be a big body down low.  Plus be cheaper to resign next year. 

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 12:49:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I like Faried, I think him and Amir could start together at PF and C, I do not like your idea of using him at SF though, Faried playing on the perimeter on offense is scary.

I would do gpap's trade above, I would really like that team.

1-  Lawson/ IT
2-  Smart/Rozier/Hunter
3-  Chandler/Crowder/Jerebko
4-  Faried/Jerebko/KO
5-  Amir/Zeller/Mikey
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Faried at Center is ridiculous.

Like I said Faried=Crowder. We may as well play Crowder at C.

How would either one of them do against say Tristan Thompson?

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Faried would be great playing next to a center like Chris Bosh.  Somebody with size to body up on larger centers and power forwards and the range to spread the floor on offense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Faried would be great playing next to a center like Chris Bosh.  Somebody with size to body up on larger centers and power forwards and the range to spread the floor on offense.

I agree 100%, but I would play him next to Amir this season and hopefully we get our center next offseason, Faried would make us better especially if he came with Chandler and Lawson.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 11:20:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Celts can add Lawson, Chandler and Faried, they become a 45-48 win team IMO.

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Faried = Crowder

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Faried = Crowder

But taller...and better rebounder...and not a three point shooter...so not that much =

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 08:58:51 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Faried = Crowder

But taller...and better rebounder...and not a three point shooter...so not that much =

ok so 2 inches taller and that makes him a center according to many people. Same "non-center" weight of 228. LeBron could play center but not Faried or Crowder and yes so a little better rebounder but less of 3 pt shooter so I still say =

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I like the ideas to get Lawson and faried.  Would be an upgrade and they are both Fairly young

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 10:01:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Faried = Crowder

Crowder is not the athlete that Faried is either.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Faried = Crowder

But... but... but... they're both black guys with dreadlocks!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 10:10:17 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'd be very down with getting Lawson and/or Faried.

If we want to make a big splash at a FA in 2016, then having another legit NBA player in place is of great urgency.  Lawson is an excellent start.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 05:53:58 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Actually a kenneth faried trade is very likely to happen.

He can play centre in the nba no problem...the days of a 7ft centre is no longer required. People that are worried about a fit with amir don't.have to worry. I bet amir is the one traded for him sometime mid season.

To the people that are saying he is jae crowder...well kind of..he is the big man version of crowder...which is high energy...and they look kind of similar but their games are not the same.