Author Topic: Kevin Seraphin Avaiable  (Read 1763 times)

Kevin Seraphin Avaiable
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
A young big with only limited experience is 6'9 and 260 and is only 24 years old.   In a little over 15 MPG he averaged 6.6 PPG, 3.6RPG and almost 1 BPG.  The Wizzards are expecting to lose him.   Low risk potential big reward guy who played pretty well in the playoffs.

"The Wizards expect Kevin Seraphin will test the free agent market, and they’ll attempt to find a sign-and-trade partner for the big man, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com (Twitter link). Such a sign-and-trade would be structured so that Washington could gain a trade exception, Michael adds (on Twitter)."

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/serapke01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-hoops.traderumors.com

Re: Kevin Seraphin Avaiable
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wouldn't mind him.

The one thing I remember with Seraphin that I liked is that he plays really tough.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Wonder if former teammate, PP gets him to go to the Clips. There's a hole there now.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I ve been impressed few times with his play.

He has skills ,  I wonder if the motor is still there like two years ago.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
perhaps, but he cant shoot baskets if he is not in the paint. when he shoots farther away his percentages drop quite a bit.

do the celtics want or need a  player who:

- only plays under the basket on offense, and is not a great scorer anyway.
- is a bit short for a center
- is obviously a back up, the team already has zeller

are the finite resources of the celtics better spend on someone else is my question.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
To me he's an active young big who's a rim protector and plays in the paint (yes I want at least one of them on my roster).  He uses his weight and will push people around.  As far as using our resources, if it's only a TPE that's a Great not good deal...  It's all about potential with him.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 02:00:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
He'd be a nice third string center but I wouldn't give him anymore than the minimum since Tyler Zeller and Amir Johnson are already on board. Both are better players than Seraphin so his PT would be limited here.

Seraphin wants to play more minutes so he wouldn't come to Boston anyway where he'd be the 6th big man in the depth chart behind Amir, Zeller, Sully, Jerebko and Olynyk.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
LAC bound most likely.

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
perhaps, but he cant shoot baskets if he is not in the paint. when he shoots farther away his percentages drop quite a bit.

do the celtics want or need a  player who:

- only plays under the basket on offense, and is not a great scorer anyway.
- is a bit short for a center
- is obviously a back up, the team already has zeller

are the finite resources of the celtics better spend on someone else is my question.

It's NOT the job of a power forward or center to shot the ball from outside the paint. That's the job of the guards on the team.