Author Topic: LaMarcus Aldridge agrees to four-year, $80M max deal with the San Antonio Spurs  (Read 9157 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Means ...with such a tuff group of Western teams lined up.........wonder if LeBron will think it's important to WIN home advantage .......ie .....not coasting though the regular season

Home advantage , best record might be important .......LeBron is mad as a hornet I bet about this signing........

He can't goof off now .......pay hard 82 games  ;D

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
WHEW!

Happy for Spurs...have never disliked that team.

Was thinking that LA was reconsidering LA for a minute, there - with his second visit.

Glad he left the Lakers hanging. May they reside in Lotteryville FOREVER, lol.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Portland has won 50+ games two years in a row.   Look at that starting lineup now...

Damian Lillard:  All-star PG who signed a 5 year 120 mil extension
Afflalo - now with the Knicks
Matthews - now with Dallas
Aldridge - now with the Spurs
Lopez - now with the Knicks
Batum - now with the Hornets

.... So is Lillard going to just jack up 50 shots a night or what?

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He's no Amir Johnson ::)

What is this?

Do you not realize there was literally no chance he was going to sign here? Do you think that the front office just casually forgot to call him or his agents? This isn't NBA 2K. It takes two to tango, and no big name free agents wanted to sign here. Not for lack or effort or money offered, but because it made no sense. This is a slow build going on here, and people around here really need to have some perspective on how hard it actually is to win in this league. We were spoiled in 2008, and it just doesn't work out that way all the time. It doesn't mean Danny should be fired, or that they aren't trying hard enough, it just means that we need to be patient.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when reading some of the stuff that gets posted here.

Finally someone with sense...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Portland has won 50+ games two years in a row.   Look at that starting lineup now...

Damian Lillard:  All-star PG who signed a 5 year 120 mil extension
Afflalo - now with the Knicks
Matthews - now with Dallas
Aldridge - now with the Spurs
Lopez - now with the Knicks
Batum - now with the Hornets

.... So is Lillard going to just jack up 50 shots a night or what?

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

What is this?

Do you not realize there was literally no chance he was going to sign here? Do you think that the front office just casually forgot to call him or his agents? This isn't NBA 2K. It takes two to tango, and no big name free agents wanted to sign here. Not for lack or effort or money offered, but because it made no sense. This is a slow build going on here, and people around here really need to have some perspective on how hard it actually is to win in this league. We were spoiled in 2008, and it just doesn't work out that way all the time. It doesn't mean Danny should be fired, or that they aren't trying hard enough, it just means that we need to be patient.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when reading some of the stuff that gets posted here.
welcome to cb, where patience is unknown and nuance is unheard of.  ;D try to ignore the over reactions that populate this arena and you will be fine.

by the way, very good post and i agree. this is, as has been said countless times, the START of year 3 of a 5 year rebuild. patience is needed, progress does seem to be taking place.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Nice to see the Spurs remain great.  What a franchise.

Yep.  I think they're the most well-run franchise in pro sports.  I'm hoping that Duncan picks up another ring or two, so that history clearly remembers him as superior to Kobe and as easily the best big man of his era.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

What is this?

welcome to cb, where patience is unknown and nuance is unheard of.  ;D try to ignore the over reactions that populate this arena and you will be fine.

by the way, very good post and i agree. this is, as has been said countless times, the START of year 3 of a 5 year rebuild. patience is needed, progress does seem to be taking place.

Also welcome to cb, the home of where if you make a negative or contrary opinion about any decisions the celtics organizations make, your crucified or called names or told youre not a real fan. Gone are the days when opinions are allowed in a discussion forum

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Spurs back on top of the NBA for a few more years. Wow. Kahwi and LA, plus the aging big 3 and Danny Green . .. and Pop. These guys are going to be so well oiled, it's crazy. From Robinson to Duncan to LA . .. .they're big man success is unreal.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I thought SA made the most sense for LMA.

Leonard/LMA with Duncan/Parker/Green/Ginobili is the favourite going forward imo.

Offline JoeyAinge

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
They need a young stud point guard off the bench and another big man and they are probably the best team in the NBA.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

What is this?

Also welcome to cb, the home of where if you make a negative or contrary opinion about any decisions the celtics organizations make, your crucified or called names or told youre not a real fan. Gone are the days when opinions are allowed in a discussion forum
and yet you have one. amazing!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
It's a no brainer for Spurs and Aldridge.  Extends the career of Duncan.  Pop alters game for Leonard and la.  Spurs should look at picking up smart

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

What is this?

and yet you have one. amazing!  ;D

R u sure? 8)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Time for the dirty laundry!

Those thoughts bring us back to today: July 4, 2015, a day that will stand for many things in Blazers history. It's the day Aldridge left for the San Antonio Spurs. The day the franchise became Lillard's. The first day of yet another rebuild.

But it will also mark one of the biggest organizational exhales ever.

Follow the link for the dirt.

Oregon Live

And in news that no one will care about, someone fired.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/07/04/blazers-assistant-hughes-gone-too-in-wake-of-aldridge-comments/