Author Topic: LaMarcus Aldridge agrees to four-year, $80M max deal with the San Antonio Spurs  (Read 9147 times)

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
That team will be fun to watch.

Fun fact: in Communist Russia's manufacturing of Utopia, it was mandated that all Soviets root for the Spurs.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Wow

Looks like a great fit

Cavs vs. spurs finals?
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Nice to see the Spurs remain great.  What a franchise.

Yeah...and to think...it all started because of ping pong balls.

Love the Spurs!

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Smart move for him

But man, me just being a whiny fan for a moment, this situation just seems ridiculously unfair.

The Spurs are gonna smoothly transition from one championship core to another.  All the respect in the world to that team, the players, the coach, the way the team is run, etc....but they, just like any other team, should have to endure another rebuilding phase.  I was really looking forward to the Spurs dropping off for a year or two, because frankly, I'm getting sick of them.  Not too mention, I'd like to see Gregg Popovich finally coach a team that wasn't already championship caliber.

Now Leonard and Aldridge may not win anything in the next 4-5 years.  But on the surface, going from Parker/Ginobli/Duncan to Leonard/Aldridge is just too perfect a situation for San Antonio.  Going forward, I can't help but root against that team.  Respect, always.  But root for?  NOPE.

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I seriously cannot wait to see how deadly Aldridge and Leonard are going to be together. They'll be killing it as ying and yang. Leonard gives Lebron nightmares and no one on the Cavs in their right mind can dream of stopping LMA. Imagine the Spurs adding David West to their squad as their 3rd big  :o.

I really hope injuries don't kill the three powerhouses between Spurs/Warriors/Thunder this season. That will be a great race to watch. Not to mention the Rockets and the Grizzlies will be right behind them. The West is going to be quite a spectacle this upcoming season. Even if the Celtics won't be that good next year, atleast the west will keep us all amazed.

Re: Lamarcus Aldridge to the Spurs
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Awesome! Just another roadblock towards a Cavs title!

I'm not really a huge fan of Aldridge or the Spurs, but I'm so glad he chose there over LA or NY lol

Speaking of LA, maannnnnnnnnn! What a strikeout this summer!
The Cavs just have to play whoever wins the west so this isn't another roadblock.  None of the teams in the east made significant moves so the Cavs have a pretty easy path to the finals. 

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Man I hate the Spurs...I wish them all the worst.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ya'll realize that the Spurs have missed the playoffs 5 times during their 48 years in the NBA and ABA (including their time as the "Dallas Chaparrals")??...  They have missed the playoffs once in the past 26 years... and that was the year they landed Tim Duncan.  They have won the championship 5 times and appeared in 6 Finals over the past 18 years.   No team has been better than the Spurs over the past 20 years.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:24:43 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Awesome! Just another roadblock towards a Cavs title!

I'm not really a huge fan of Aldridge or the Spurs, but I'm so glad he chose there over LA or NY lol

Speaking of LA, maannnnnnnnnn! What a strikeout this summer!
The Cavs just have to play whoever wins the west so this isn't another roadblock.  None of the teams in the east made significant moves so the Cavs have a pretty easy path to the finals.

They still have to play a West team to win the title; hence, yet another roadblock joining Golden State to get in their way.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LeBron s next title now has to go though the Spurs .

It just got a lot harder for LeBrick .....a TON tuffer ......Aldridge and Leonard can put the cuffs on LeBrick.

I retract my previous title series teams of Cleveland and LAC ..with Cavs in 7

It's now .......Spurs and Cavs ........Spurs in 7

Wow.....the upcoming title series could be just a monster series.... :o.       Spurs and Cavs
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:19:03 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 01:16:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Go Spurs!

Best franchise in the league.

That team is gonna be good for a long time with Kawhi and LaMarcus on board.  Hard to go wrong with those two.

Our Celts might not matter for a while, but at least we have the Spurs.
agreed. they are fun to watch play the game. good players who work within a brilliant system. if LMA had to go someplace aside from boston, and he did, then SA was my choice.

good news all around. in a few years the celtics can beat him and the spurs for the championship.   ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Great news !

Rather have Spurs winning title s than Cleveland or Duck Rivers and CP3

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Pacers are discussing a sign-and-trade with the Clippers and Mavericks that would involve Roy Hibbert, DeAndre Jordan and Monta Ellis.

Brad turner

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

Offline KingChre

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
He's no Amir Johnson ::)

What is this?

Do you not realize there was literally no chance he was going to sign here? Do you think that the front office just casually forgot to call him or his agents? This isn't NBA 2K. It takes two to tango, and no big name free agents wanted to sign here. Not for lack or effort or money offered, but because it made no sense. This is a slow build going on here, and people around here really need to have some perspective on how hard it actually is to win in this league. We were spoiled in 2008, and it just doesn't work out that way all the time. It doesn't mean Danny should be fired, or that they aren't trying hard enough, it just means that we need to be patient.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when reading some of the stuff that gets posted here.
Looking at my gucci, and it's about that time...