Author Topic: Clint Capella and Demo for Terry Rozier, Sully, and a 2nd rounder or Pressy  (Read 6467 times)

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't like Motiejunas nearly enough to want to do this trade.

I love the kid.  He's got legit post moves and 3PT range.  I think he's a better, more dedicated version of Sully.

Doesn't rebound much, and though he has 3 PT range, he averaged fewer than one make per game from deep in 28 minutes per game last season.  Also a poor free throw shooter, for some reason.

Looks like he's a not-terrible version of Bargnani. 

I'll admit I haven't watched much of him in Houston, but he doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade over Sully or Olynyk -- and honestly, I'm not certain he is an upgrade over the healthy & engaged version of either -- to make this trade.

I think Motiejunas is like Jeff Green. Has the talent and ability to be an All-Star but stays on cruise control too often instead of pushing himself and being assertive.

His skill-level and inside-outside game at 7 foot is one of most difficult matchups in the league.

He doesn't make nearly enough use of his talents.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'll admit I haven't watched much of him in Houston, but he doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade over Sully or Olynyk -- and honestly, I'm not certain he is an upgrade over the healthy & engaged version of either -- to make this trade.

Not an upgrade over a guy that missed a lot of games because his got his foot injured for being fat?  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
This should happen. Sully can presently offer them more than Capella and they'd still have T Jones and Dorsey.

They drafted Dekker instead of a point so they could use the pg help.

Every one of these guys is on a rookie contract so the money shouldn't be a problem at all.

I like the idea of this trade but not with Rozier and Sully.  I'd be more willing to say a trade like this.

Rockets - Donatas Motiej?nas and Montrezl Harrell and 2016 1st

For

Celtics - Kelly Olynyk and Terry Rozier and two 2016 2nd rounders

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
capela has played a grand total of 90 minutes in the NBA - i'd take that as a major warning sign.

hardly any NBA players who eventually turn out to be good or great will play so little even in their rookie year. so no way do i trade rozier for him, rozier inherently has more upside because he hasn't had a terrible year like that yet. if we were to get capela, at most maybe i'd send out the minny pick.

as for motiejunas and sully, what's the point? we don't need another defensively mediocre big man. keep in mind montijunas gets a lot of open shots playing with dwight and harden. sully ha sa tougher task here. IMO sully, despite his warts, has the better upside. he also has greater downside because of his weight and back.

since we're rebuilding, we need the upside more than they do. and they need the stability of a healthier and better-condiitoned player.

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
1. What does this solve? Our logjam at pf?

2. I don't think I'm overvaluing our guys by saying that's an underwhelming return.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
capela has played a grand total of 90 minutes in the NBA - i'd take that as a major warning sign.

hardly any NBA players who eventually turn out to be good or great will play so little even in their rookie year. so no way do i trade rozier for him, rozier inherently has more upside because he hasn't had a terrible year like that yet. if we were to get capela, at most maybe i'd send out the minny pick.

as for motiejunas and sully, what's the point? we don't need another defensively mediocre big man. keep in mind montijunas gets a lot of open shots playing with dwight and harden. sully ha sa tougher task here. IMO sully, despite his warts, has the better upside. he also has greater downside because of his weight and back.

since we're rebuilding, we need the upside more than they do. and they need the stability of a healthier and better-condiitoned player.
Capella was 19 years old and moved here from Switzerland. He dominated the D League and performed when called up at the end of the year. He has already passed vet Joey Dorsey and played in the playoffs.

Demo is taller than Sully with better lateral movement and a better outside shot.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I like Capela. I'd definitely try a Rozier for Capela swap, but with Howard's injury history I'm betting they want to keep Capela as a backup.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

Capella was 19 years old and moved here from Switzerland. He dominated the D League and performed when called up at the end of the year. He has already passed vet Joey Dorsey and played in the playoffs.

Demo is taller than Sully with better lateral movement and a better outside shot.

capela did have some moments last year, and might turn out to be solid, but no way do i give up #16 for him, he can be had a lot more cheaply than that. having a good year in the d-league doesn't really mean a lot

and demo plays like a little guy, sully plays more like a conventional post-up big man. there are benefits to both of their skill sets. i just don't see how trading them helps either team, we already have jerebko and KO, who are both similar to demo. and the rockets need spacing.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I don't like Motiejunas nearly enough to want to do this trade.

We used the pick on Rozier, we might as well find out what he can do.

I wanted Capela instead of Young in last year's draft, but we haven't seen enough of either to know yet which was a better choice.

In short, I guess I don't really see the point.

I agree wif d sita...we should keep a Rozier , find out if he is a real deal NBA calibre guard .  might be worth more after a year or two of prep.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think now they are not in the running for LA, they will not move him.  Goodbye Clint.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:45:02 PM by Celtics4ever »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That is a great video of Shaq laughing. Adds nothing, but great video.