Author Topic: Clint Capella and Demo for Terry Rozier, Sully, and a 2nd rounder or Pressy  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This should happen. Sully can presently offer them more than Capella and they'd still have T Jones and Dorsey.

They drafted Dekker instead of a point so they could use the pg help.

Every one of these guys is on a rookie contract so the money shouldn't be a problem at all.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Rozier could have been awesome next to Harden. The type of scoring combo guard that could really excel in that Houston Rockets team.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think the trade is too large. I don't see Houston being interested in Sully. I don't see them giving up Motiejunas + Capela for Rozier + Sully. I think you should take Sully out. I don't think Rozier (unproven rookie) is enough to Motiejunas.

I think it would be a Rozier for Capela based swap.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Maybe KO instead of Sully. Maybe. Maybe send Mickey...nevertheless. The general idea...

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we would have a better and a better deal if we afforded them cap space to sign Aldridge.   I would want Capella back though for sure and some other parts.

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think the trade is too large. I don't see Houston being interested in Sully. I don't see them giving up Motiejunas + Capela for Rozier + Sully. I think you should take Sully out. I don't think Rozier (unproven rookie) is enough to Motiejunas.

Houston was rumored to want Rozier at 18.
With Howard and monti in the fold they may be willing to part with CC in order to upgrade their guard rotation.
Easy need based trade for both teams?

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Swapping their only reliable floor-spacing big for a less athletic, more offensively-skilled version of Terrence Jones doesn't improve Houston. Swap Sully for Olynyk in the deal and probably a first rounder in place of the second and this seems a lot more plausible.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Houston was rumored to want Rozier at 18.
With Howard and monti in the fold they may be willing to part with CC in order to upgrade their guard rotation.
Easy need based trade for both teams?
I think that is not a bad idea at all. I think they should throw in a future 2nd to give them a better shot to win now. Or we could send Pressey and get two future 2nds. They need this more than we do in my opinion.

Maybe Ainge has approached a team or two about this sort of thing and McHale said something like "Get back to me after summer league and if Rozier looks good maybe we can do something like this."
Then he resigns P Bev and says "Yeaaahhh....I don't knowwww. Two 2nds? How about one? I already have J Terry and Rozier probably won't be as good as him this year".  Then Danny says "Welllll. I already have T Zeller and Sully and KO and Mickey and Amir and maybe Colton Iverson, but ok."

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Swapping their only reliable floor-spacing big for a less athletic, more offensively-skilled version of Terrence Jones doesn't improve Houston. Swap Sully for Olynyk in the deal and probably a first rounder in place of the second and this seems a lot more likely.
Sully can shoot from outside a little and so can Kostas P and so can Dekker. But I see what you're saying

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Sully's not reliable from deep, though. D-Mo actually hit at an above-average percentage. Also, his defense is really underrated and he is a legit seven-footer. For Houston to consider this, they'd have to be getting Olynyk and I just don't see Morey letting both of those guys go unless he's getting a first rounder, as well.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Sully's not reliable from deep, though. D-Mo actually hit at an above-average percentage. Also, his defense is really underrated and he is a legit seven-footer. For Houston to consider this, they'd have to be getting Olynyk and I just don't see Morey letting both of those guys go unless he's getting a first rounder, as well.
Part of my original idea is based on the premise that McHale has a small window and needs to win now and needs a pg. In particular if Rozier can play the stellar defense that they say he can I think Ainge can sell him on defending S Curry in the finals.

But I definitely think we have the assets to get both guys and get it done. Mayyyybbbee get creative and do a cheap sign and trade with Bass if he wants an outside shooter so bad.

I just think this should be relatively easy and doable by nba standards

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't like Motiejunas nearly enough to want to do this trade.

We used the pick on Rozier, we might as well find out what he can do.

I wanted Capela instead of Young in last year's draft, but we haven't seen enough of either to know yet which was a better choice.

In short, I guess I don't really see the point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I love the kid.  He's got legit post moves and 3PT range.  I think he's a better, more dedicated version of Sully.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I love the kid.  He's got legit post moves and 3PT range.  I think he's a better, more dedicated version of Sully.

Doesn't rebound much, and though he has 3 PT range, he averaged fewer than one make per game from deep in 28 minutes per game last season.  Also a poor free throw shooter, for some reason.

Looks like he's a not-terrible version of Bargnani. 

I'll admit I haven't watched much of him in Houston, but he doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade over Sully or Olynyk -- and honestly, I'm not certain he is an upgrade over the healthy & engaged version of either -- to make this trade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Part of my original idea is based on the premise that McHale has a small window and needs to win now and needs a pg. In particular if Rozier can play the stellar defense that they say he can I think Ainge can sell him on defending S Curry in the finals.

But I definitely think we have the assets to get both guys and get it done. Mayyyybbbee get creative and do a cheap sign and trade with Bass if he wants an outside shooter so bad.

I just think this should be relatively easy and doable by nba standards

Brandon Bass isn't a three-point shooter... all I'm saying is that the Rockets place a premium on three-point shooting, particularly from the PF spot since Howard occupies the paint. They aren't going to be interested in guys like Bass or Sullinger. They would want Olynyk.

Beverley already re-upped in Houston, anyway, so Morey's not particularly stressing for a point guard.