Author Topic: Terry Rozier  (Read 8414 times)

Terry Rozier
« on: July 03, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
WALTHAM, Mass. – Terry Rozier refers to the past eight days as, “the fastest-paced week of my life.”
The young man had no idea what the future had in store for him when he woke up last Thursday morning.
Later that night, the Boston Celtics selected the Louisville point guard with the 16th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. He and the four other Boston draftees were formerly introduced at the Celtics practice facility on Monday. Since then, Rozier has spent hours in the Waltham facility attempting to grasp the Boston system and adapt to the NBA style of play.
“I feel like I’m adjusting pretty well, but it’s tough,” said Rozier.

He’s had only a small taste of action, 18 total minutes of scrimmage time according to his coach Brad Stevens, but Rozier’s skillset has impressed so far.
“His speed is the highest level,” Stevens said following Friday’s practice. “Once we start going up and down the full court, he did a lot of things that kind of took you aback.”

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/rozier-impressing-early-displays-desire-learn

Re: Terry Rozier
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:56:52 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Look at the difference between Smart and Rozier. The first thing , and probably biggest, is the difference in ball handling. Second is the difference in agility, speed, creating space, and penetrating. Actually after reviewing the draft it is my opinion that Terry Rozier is at least on the same level as Mudiay. Terry has a way better ft% but shot 37% from 3 as a freshman and 30% as a soph....anyone know why. I heard it was because he was forced to take more difficult shots and that he was one of the only guys that could score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBCnuTTaRp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVcdEjkCNs&spfreload=10

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:18:39 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rozier is also older than Smart, btw.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:37:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I like everything I've heard about and seen of him, but some level as Mudiay!? Holy green goggles, bruh.

Maybe the same level as Smoodiay, his 18 year old cousin.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 01:47:52 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
About 90% of this board will soon realize Rozier is one nasty ball player.

They went off and made all those guard jokes, the 'reach' jokes, etc.

They won't be joking soon. They'll instead realize they landed one helluva talent.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:55:33 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i want to be proven wrong, but I have a feeling that Rozier will struggle.
- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 02:00:39 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
i want to be proven wrong, but I have a feeling that Rozier will struggle.

No way. I'm with Damien Lillard. Love this kids game. Nasty ball player.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 02:05:02 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

They won't be joking soon. They'll instead realize they landed one helluva talent.

Kinda bold, bruh. Why do you think that?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 02:07:19 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
Rozier is also older than Smart, btw.

Rozier had a similar skill set in high school as he does now.  Both guys games didn't change much.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 02:14:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
doesn't look like he can shoot.   Eh... I'm skeptical of his ability to make any impact.  Maybe he'll get a few minutes though.

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Kinda bold, bruh. Why do you think that?

Because I don't buy into the mock draft and media stigma. Fans often buy into this bunk where the drafted player must not be all that good if he isn't drafted top 5, top 10, lottery, or if that said player is mocked later in the rounds, or even the 2nd round.

Media and scouts miss all the time.

This player played two years of excellent college ball for a great program. His defense alone gets him on the court, but he's also fast as they come with the ball in his hands and can get to the bucket at will. Shoots 80% from the stripe to boot.

He can lead and run a team and affects winning.

Listen to his peers. When guys like Ainge, Coach Stevens, and Damien Lillard say they love his game, that speaks loud and clear.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:31:47 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Cards fan here..followed his recruitment as well.

Rozier had to play that Pitino pressing defense with very little rest. Backup PGrarely played until Chris Jones got dismissed.

Chris Jones as the PG was selfish and pounded the air out of the ball until he was eventually dismissed near the end of the season

Offense stagnated until two games prior to the ACC tournament.

Ball movement was better when Chris Jones wasn't usually the main ball handler - Russ Smith (and to a lesser extent Hancock) facilitated in 13-14. With CJ as starting PG, shots were of poor quality for the most part. Offense was a lot of passing back and forth on the perimeter.

Pitino revamped the offense at the end of the season because the team's shooting/scoring was so awful. It worked as they came close to a Final Four.

The team was not a good shooting team. Terrible floor spacing. Lots of shots jacked up at the end of the shot clock.

Team offense was painful and predictable to watch until Chris Jones left and Quentin Snider stepped in as PG, as he is a willing passer and not a black hole like CJ.

He's not a great shooter, but I don't think his 3PT percentage last year is a big deal given circumstances. His percentage was affected by the shots he had to force with the way the team struggled to score. Pitino gave him a green light unlike his freshman year. I don't see Rozier taking many contested 3PT shots or being constantly trapped/doubled for the near future.

I'm more worried about him getting banged up with his reckless drives to the basket. He took some nasty spills.

He had trouble finishing his layups and bunnies. Mid range game is money though.

Not concerned about his skills translating especially in the NBA's more open game.

Athleticism/explosiveness is there and can't be denied (rebounds/transition)

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 02:37:46 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Why should we  be skeptical?
- poor shot selection
- below average feel for the game and playmaking

Why should we be optimistic?
- elite athleticism
- tenacious defender
- good shooting mechanics
- had a hard time attacking the basket @ Louisville since there are few to zero floor spacers surrounding him.

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 02:41:35 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
- poor shot selection

- elite athleticism
- tenacious defender
- had a hard time attacking the basket @ Louisville since there are few to zero floor spacers surrounding him.

TP right on the money.

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
- poor shot selection

- elite athleticism
- tenacious defender

We had one of the best scouts at our disposal with this pick. Coach Brad Stevens. He's recruited, worked out, and scouted many young talents. He got a shot to work out Rozier not once but twice.

I think this was a gimme pick. Can't miss.