Author Topic: Derrick Williams agrees to two-year, $10M deal with the New York Knicks  (Read 2177 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Sources: Derrick Williams agrees to 2-year, $10 million deal with Knicks. Player option for second year

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Good pick up.  Has a chance to do something before he's outta the league as a bust.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Fun watching the knicks burn. I guess that this is their Win Now mode. LOL

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Good pick up.  Has a chance to do something before he's outta the league as a bust.

Picking up a bust is a good move?   He's had multiple shots to prove himself.  He smells. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Picking up a bust is a good move?   He's had multiple shots to prove himself.  He smells.
and yet he has made almost $21,000,000 so far, even before taking a single paycheck from the knicks. it is amazing.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Still just 24. Is athletic. Is a decent tweener. Good pick-up

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

and yet he has made almost $21,000,000 so far, even before taking a single paycheck from the knicks. it is amazing.

It must be nice.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Player option? That should have been a team option.

I do not understand this contract. Derrick Williams should be a minimum or near minimum guy at this stage in his career. I can understand overpaying because you have some belief in him but at least put in some protection for yourself with a team option on the 2nd year in case he fails again ... which he most likely will.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
JaVale McGee has cost himself so much money.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Knicks need to make an impact quickly with Mello being 31 going on 35. Lopez was a good FA to grab at Center. (I wish we were able to get him)

I think the Knicks helped themselves for 2015.