Author Topic: What would be your ideal Wallace trade scenario?  (Read 3547 times)

Re: What would be your ideal Wallace trade scenario?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 12:59:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Anything that sees him hit the road in a hurry.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 01:19:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
why bother? he is gone in a year and is not causing any real problems by being with the celtics. i dont see the sense in spending assets this way, unless he becomes salary balancing in a bigger deal. in that sense he actually may have some value.

but i would not expend assets just to dump him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
What would be your ideal/realistic Wallace trade scenario?

I personally believe we could package Wallace/Sullinger for Hibbert and it could be a win-win for both teams. Not sure how Larry Legend feels about either GW or Sully but it seems realistic.

For the reason you mention above, Larry's thoughts, I just don't think this is "too" possible.

I've often thought about the GSW/BOS swap as mentioned earlier and I've long considered what may be possible with IND. I just don't see any IND getting anything out of it...even when they're clearly trying to push Hibbert out the door. However, I did think our collection of guards would be of some interest to IND, perhaps some crazy package could work but I don't see it being likely.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »

Offline JR4

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'm not yet convinced that Amir Johnson is the team's starting C. I think he's the starting PF. .....

I agree. (unless they are playing small ball out of the gate ... some games this may be the plan)

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Amir Johnson + Wallace + Bradley + two 1sts for Tobias Harris, Moe Harkless, and Channing Frye
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
The David Lee for Gerald Wallace deal intrigues me. Lee could end up being our most talented big, which is certainly of more use than Wallace. And with only one year left on the deal, he presents little risk.

It'd also make Sully or Olynyk far more expendable in a trade to get a 3. Maybe Sully and Bradley could land us someone pretty good.

what's the point in fielding a team where an old david lee is our best big? we're inflating our win total for zero long-term benefit, and we're doing it with lee's hard-to-move contract that could hamstring us next year. better to play the kids and let wallace expire.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 07:53:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
The only reason to trade him would be to make up salary on our end getting a big money player. The only way we get one of those is the disgruntled star scenario. Cousins seems like the best candidate for that right now.

If things go sideways in Sacramento this year, we we could offer something like Sullinger, Bradley, some prospects, 2-3 first rounders, and as many 2nd rounders as they can handle. Might be enough for Cousins.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008