Author Topic: What would be your ideal Wallace trade scenario?  (Read 3544 times)

What would be your ideal Wallace trade scenario?
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
What would be your ideal/realistic Wallace trade scenario?

I personally believe we could package Wallace/Sullinger for Hibbert and it could be a win-win for both teams. Not sure how Larry Legend feels about either GW or Sully but it seems realistic.

Re: What would be your ideal Wallace trade scenario?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:01:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LeBron

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
There is not much point in unloading him now, there is really no free agent worth pursuing with the cap money.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think/hope this is the plan. Using Wallace's contract as expiring filler, along with young players/picks, to land a legit talent to upgrade the starting lineup.

I'm not yet convinced that Amir Johnson is the team's starting C. I think he's the starting PF. I love Crowder, but if an offensively minded wing threat becomes available (whither Toby Harris?), I wonder if Ainge would consider consolidating assets for him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Inconsequential.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 09:17:48 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Any trade that got us Cousins.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
He meets up with Larry Sanders and they decide to start a hip hop act, and he retires from basketball.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 09:41:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
A guard and bummy draft pick.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:47:20 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 09:53:55 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Wallace and picks for a legit center. Hibbert might work as we don't need big minutes we have like 5 guys who CAN play center, we just don't have any real size.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I read on the Golden State page that they thought a David Lee for Gerald Wallace was a realistic trade for both teams, I would do that.  I would also do Wallace for Nene.  Wallace for any big man or wing scorer that is also expiring after next season I would do, I don't care if we lose our cap space for this season at this point. 

I'd prefer to just sign Koufos and use Wallace as an expiring deal in a trade if someone becomes available around the trade deadline. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I read on the Golden State page that they thought a David Lee for Gerald Wallace was a realistic trade for both teams, I would do that.  I would also do Wallace for Nene.  Wallace for any big man or wing scorer that is also expiring after next season I would do, I don't care if we lose our cap space for this season at this point. 

I'd prefer to just sign Koufos and use Wallace as an expiring deal in a trade if someone becomes available around the trade deadline.

I checked the NBA trade machine and we would have to throw in either Pressey or Babb, and the trade would work.  The Warriors would get a lower tax bill, and with Lee's bigger expiring contract it may be easier to match salaries if we were to trade for a star within the next year.  I would be on board with this.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 12:15:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think/hope this is the plan. Using Wallace's contract as expiring filler, along with young players/picks, to land a legit talent to upgrade the starting lineup.

I'm not yet convinced that Amir Johnson is the team's starting C. I think he's the starting PF. I love Crowder, but if an offensively minded wing threat becomes available (whither Toby Harris?), I wonder if Ainge would consider consolidating assets for him.

I would love to keep Crowder around, as a backup to our eventual starting wing(s).  I think he's custom-made for that kind of role, like an inferior version of prime Wallace or a superior version of the current one.  But if he's needed to make a deal work, so long.

Wallace's deal will be a piece to help with salaries, as will the Amir/Jerebko deals.  And the latter two will hold value all the way through the 2017 trade deadline if needed.  We clearly seem to be setting up to help other teams cut bait on a big contract, ideally for a disgruntled star.  Then perhaps use our cap space to try and lure one or two more.  We'll see if it works though.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 12:16:11 PM »

Offline Megalodon

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Wallace + Minnesota pick + Dallas pick for DeRozan.

This trade gives us a wing scorer who can create. If he improves the jumpshot, then our wing scoring problem would be alleviated forever. Also, DeRozan is long and  is a good complement to Smart. I would be willing to add one more pick to this if needed, but not BKN or our own. 

Can also include one of our newly drafted shooting guards to give Toronto a young player to develop. So, RJ Hunter can also be included as a sweetener

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 12:32:05 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
The David Lee for Gerald Wallace deal intrigues me. Lee could end up being our most talented big, which is certainly of more use than Wallace. And with only one year left on the deal, he presents little risk.

It'd also make Sully or Olynyk far more expendable in a trade to get a 3. Maybe Sully and Bradley could land us someone pretty good.

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wallace, Zeller and KO for Favors. Know a pick is also needed but not sure which would do.