Author Topic: Grizzlies Open To Kosta Koufos Sign-And-Trade  (Read 4973 times)

Grizzlies Open To Kosta Koufos Sign-And-Trade
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:32:25 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238601/Grizzlies-Open-To-Kosta-Koufos-Sign-And-Trade

After making the move for Amir Johnson any additional improvements osto our center rotation would probably see Tyler Zeller as the odd man out.

With the acquisition of Beacon Wright, Kosta Koufos is probably more available than he's ever been. would he be enough of an upgrade to take Zeller's spot on the team?

Are we still interested in attaining Kosta Koufos and if so at what cost?

Re: Grizzlies Open To Kosta Koufos Sign-And-Trade
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Clippers may be interested in a sign and trade after losing Deandre.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:35:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think the Kosta ship sailed when they got Amir.  Between Amir, Zeller, and Mickey we've got enough pure bigs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'm still on board for adding a legit, physical 7-foot center. I'm not sold on Amir being a full-time option at the 5, and I view KO and Zeller as backups.

I have to confess that I am not a fan of Sullinger, and hope that Ainge manages to recoup some value for him this offseason. Would like to see Jerebko and Amir soak up the majority of the minutes at the 4.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I think the Kosta ship sailed when they got Amir.  Between Amir, Zeller, and Mickey we've got enough pure bigs.

Agreed, the only thing that makes me pause about Koufos though is how young he is.

We could lock up the center position for a long time and if we gave him something around a five-year deal we would position ourselves to have home team rights to resign him if he develops during his prime.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I'm still on board for adding a legit, physical 7-foot center. I'm not sold on Amir being a full-time option at the 5, and I view KO and Zeller as backups.

I have to confess that I am not a fan of Sullinger, and hope that Ainge manages to recoup some value for him this offseason. Would like to see Jerebko and Amir soak up the majority of the minutes at the 4.

The thing is, I don't see how you could play Amir and Koufos together very often at all.  Amir and Zeller will mostly operate in a timeshare playing next Sullinger, Olynyk, and Jerebko.  I doubt they'll be on the floor together very much.

Koufos is just not a need at this point.  I agree that Zeller is a backup, but Koufos is probably not your ideal starting center, either.  He too would probably play at most 24-26 minutes a game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I agree.  Its not good when your only legit center is Zeller.   
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
the team that may have the most interest may be the clippers.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 07:45:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

The thing is, I don't see how you could play Amir and Koufos together very often at all.  Amir and Zeller will mostly operate in a timeshare playing next Sullinger, Olynyk, and Jerebko.  I doubt they'll be on the floor together very much.

Koufos is just not a need at this point.  I agree that Zeller is a backup, but Koufos is probably not your ideal starting center, either.  He too would probably play at most 24-26 minutes a game.

What about the Amir-Koufos tandem worries you? Is it Amir's ability to guard out to the perimeter? I think he has enough of a face-up game to keep the lanes open and give Koufos enough room to operate down low.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:06:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I would take Koufos over Nene...

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 08:10:57 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Koufos would be a solid replacement over Jordan
He is seriously undervalued considering he was playing limited mins behind gasol
But played well in the mins he had

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what would the Clippers have to offer in a sign and trade?

Danny, this is the Center you have been waiting for -- this is what you have amassed assets for -- make it happen.

If Doc wants to play, make him pay through the nose for Koufos.

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
what would the Clippers have to offer in a sign and trade?

Danny, this is the Center you have been waiting for -- this is what you have amassed assets for -- make it happen.

If Doc wants to play, make him pay through the nose for Koufos.
The Grizz would be stupid to help out the Clips.  Losing Jordan, pretty much eliminates them as a championship contender. 

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 08:50:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Count me in. I would trade any one of our bigs we have as of right now for Koufos.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

What about the Amir-Koufos tandem worries you? Is it Amir's ability to guard out to the perimeter? I think he has enough of a face-up game to keep the lanes open and give Koufos enough room to operate down low.

Two guys who really can't be expected to handle the ball at all or shoot except when right near the basket or wide open from mid-range (or in Amir's case, from the corner).  Also I don't really want either of them trying to switch out onto perimeter guys.

We don't have strong enough ball-handling or shooting on the team right now to carry two pure bigs like that on the floor together for significant stretches of time.
- Mark Twain