Author Topic: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5M deal with the Sacramento Kings  (Read 18375 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5M deal with the Sacramento Kings
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
What's interesting to me is the Kings drafted WCS. They have to know that he will not be able to play with Cousins. I think they drafted Cousins possible replacement.   

Cousins always liked Rondo's game, I heard him in an interview calling Rondo the best PG in the league. Yeah, it's going to be a bumpy ride, poor George Karl.

I'm sure Rondo and Cousins will take Willie under their wing  ::)

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
First IT4 agreeing with someone about how Collison is feeling about being replaced and then Collison tweeting "I guess so..." after some guy tweeted about people forgetting how good he was before injury.

Poor Collison. They brought him to replace IT4 and now they are replacing him with RR a season later.

I hope RR does a good job there.  I wish him well!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2015, 10:18:45 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Grateful for most of his efforts in Boston (like some, disappointed in this past year when he had the chance to really be THE man)...glad he is getting a chance on a talented team this next year...hoping for the best for him.

Whether the Kings can take this combination of talent and turn it into a great team may be questionable, especially in a West that has seen other teams make improvements.  However, if Rondo truly wants to start with a fresh slate, he's probably in the best place to do so, which is ironic because of his past resistance to going to Sacramento.

Best to you Rajon...once Green, always Green in my book.

Rak

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
What's interesting to me is the Kings drafted WCS. They have to know that he will not be able to play with Cousins. I think they drafted Cousins possible replacement.   

Cousins reportedly wanted them to take WCS, so that he didn't have to worry so much about defense, or someone taking away his shots.

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2015, 02:58:07 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
As long as they give him the ball 100% of the time and let him create, he should succeed there.   There's a couple shooters on that team.

This is annoying to me, because the rumor was that we had been trying to trade Rondo for Ben McLemore and their 2014 1st (ended up #8), but that Rondo refused to re-sign in Sacramento.  Also, Rondo reportedly wanted a 100 million max offer from Boston.    Now he ends up signing in Sacramento?

On the flip side... wow...  Danny Ainge just cost Rajon Rondo a TON of money by trading him.   Had he played out the season for Boston, he would have continued putting up inflated stats and the Knicks/Lakers would have offered him max money.

Rondo has nobody to blame but himself.  Totally detonated his value in Dallas, not to mention the way he handled the end of his time in Boston.

Hard to think of many examples of a player detonating his value so completely as Rondo has done.  Lamar Odom is the only one that comes to mind.

Can you elaborate on the bolded? Genuinely curious, I don't remember any issue with him here towards the end - unless you're talking about BirthdayGate which I never really took seriously.

I don't think Rondo took it seriously as well, but I think Ainge and Stevens did.  He was injured at the time so in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't that big of a deal...but it's just not a good look.  Plus he never technically asked the team, he told the team, which I think is a bit of a bigger deal.  You think it's just a coincidence that the only game the usually calm and collected Brad Stevens has ever gotten thrown out of occurred on the same night that Rondo blew off the team?  Cause I do not.

Then he also just blatantly admitted in that interview that he "hasn't played defense in a couple years"...and then just watching him play, you could see he didn't like being on a rebuilding team and wasn't giving a full effort because of it.

Why won't this die? That quote is taken out of context for the purpose of making Rondo look bad. Rondo was talking about having to guard the opposing teams best guard in Dallas. He hadden't done that in years because in Boston he played with Bradley. The quote is really Rondo saying he has to play a different role and maybe a bit of a compliment to Bradley.

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2015, 03:00:55 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I'm conflicted now, should I root for the Kings? I would love to see Rondo do well again. But, I'd also like to see DMC play for Boston (Yes, I know its a long shot) and things need to go poorly in Sac for them to trade him you would think.

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2015, 01:13:39 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
If the C's were trotting out Rondo/DMC/Gay, with Ben Mac, WCS and Bellinelli filling the roles----  we'd all be lighting cigars and debating ECF matchups. 

When it's the Kings...not so much. 

I actually think they'll be a good team, something in the 4-6 seed range out west.   

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
If the C's were trotting out Rondo/DMC/Gay, with Ben Mac, WCS and Bellinelli filling the roles----  we'd all be lighting cigars and debating ECF matchups. 

I actually think they'll be a good team, something in the 4-6 seed range out west.   

Sac-Town making the playoffs in the thick west? Now that's something that would intrigue me!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Not a chance. GSW, HOU,LAC,MEM,SAS,OKC will take up the first 6 slots. They'll compete with UTA, NOP, PHX, and DAL for the 7th and 8th seeds with a good chance to get in.  However, it looks likely that they''ll end up in the late lottery at worst and that the trade with PHI that so may here thought they got screwed on will end up looking like a win.  Big IF is that situation doesn't blow up with Cousins.

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
so the question is... would you guys rather have ended up with:

Mclemore+8th pick (Vonleh? Stauskas?)+Kings 2nd Rounder+whatever assets we used to get IT4

or

Crowder+Dallas pick+whatever Brandan Wright gave us?
- LilRip

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Mclemore+8th pick (Vonleh? Stauskas?)+Kings 2nd Rounder+whatever assets we used to get IT4

or

idk, I really like Crowder and we don't know how that Dallas pick will turn out.

Mclemore + 8th was also good and I wonder how Vonleh or Staukas would perform under Brad Stevens.

it's tough, however I don't think the trade with the Kings were possible because at that time, Rondo said he would not re-sign with the Kings, so the Kings backed out (someone provide source)

not sure if Rondo signing with the Kings had something to do with him sticking it to the Celtics?

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

or

idk, I really like Crowder and we don't know how that Dallas pick will turn out.

Mclemore + 8th was also good and I wonder how Vonleh or Staukas would perform under Brad Stevens.

it's tough, however I don't think the trade with the Kings were possible because at that time, Rondo said he would not re-sign with the Kings, so the Kings backed out (someone provide source)

not sure if Rondo signing with the Kings had something to do with him sticking it to the Celtics?
No. He was radioactive after his stint with the Mavs. Had to take a 1 year deal at a salary cut.