Author Topic: Most likely trading partners  (Read 12622 times)

Re: Most likely trading partners
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have zero chance to get Ibaka, folks, OKC would hang up laughing.

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Neither would be true

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Neither would be true

It is very true.  Of course, you would think that as you proposed it.   Post it on real GM and watch people laugh you off the boards.     The problem is you think some of our guys have more value than they do.  I think efforts to use Sully to move up with four picks show this clearly to be only be true in your cranium.   Other GMs did not think it was such a good deal.  Two teams took a rookie  over Sully and four first round picks and two second round picks.  That ought to show you how improbable this trade would be.

Ibaka is their starting PF, he is also a 3× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2012–2014) and they would never trade Sully who all NBA crap defense team.

Sully does have range and him and Kanter are good spreading and crashing. Sully would be first big off the bench and make a good 3 man rotation

He has the range to throw the ball up there but no one respects his shot.   He is not a deep threat.  No matter how you twist it.   Other teams give him that shot and he rarely makes it less than a third of the time.  You want something that is untrue the quoted material that he has range you stated is a prime example.

Ibaka shots .37% from downtown why would they want to go with a guy who shots  .29% and can't stay in shape, protect the rim, outscore him?   They wouldn't.

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2015, 07:35:20 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Would love to try for Ibaka at least till we see what happens with Kanter. Turner and Sully for Ibaka. That may work for OKC with KD coming off injury. C's would be taking a risk with Ibaka coming off injury as well.

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO
Wow that is some heavy defense and all fire power off the bench lol.

I also think Sully and Dallas 1st/Turner for Aaron Gordon may work since Orlando had interest in Sap.

Or Sully straight up for Henson. If C's can't get Ibaka.
You neglected to account for Amir Johnson.

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yet Sully does have range and him and Kanter are good spreading and crashing. Sully would be first big off the bench and make a good 3 man rotation. Adams is their primary big defender so do you need two defenders or do you need more help inside scoring?

Given that Kanter is literally the worst defensive big in the league, they absolutely need two defensive bigs. Again, the team has no problem scoring: they were a top 5 offense with Kanter and without KD.

Tuner isn't a bad defender as well for the SG/SF, hell he might start.
Turner doesn't have the range or offball prowess to start alongside KD and Westbrook, especially if Kanter is also starting.

Ibaka is a much better defender but it's about multiple needs and cap management. Would you want Sully, Kanter and Tuner or only Ibaka if cap was an issue?

Cap management isn't an issue here; OKC has repeatedly said they'll match any Kanter offers and they're more than ready to pay the tax for the second season in a row. As such, I'm taking Ibaka and Kanter over Sully, Kanter, and Turner everyday. Ibaka + Kanter cover infinitely more needs than Sully/Kanter/Turner.

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, they're not trading Ibaka.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 09:50:02 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Neither would be true

It is very true.  Of course, you would think that as you proposed it.  Post it on real GM and watch people laugh you off the boards.     The problem is you think some of our guys have more value than they do.  I think efforts to use Sully to move up with four picks show this clearly to be only be true in your cranium.   Other GMs did not think it was such a good deal.  Two teams took a rookie  over Sully and four first round picks and two second round picks.  That ought to show you how improbable this trade would be.

Ibaka is their starting PF, he is also a 3× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2012–2014) and they would never trade Sully who all NBA crap defense team.

Sully does have range and him and Kanter are good spreading and crashing. Sully would be first big off the bench and make a good 3 man rotation

He has the range to throw the ball up there but no one respects his shot.   He is not a deep threat.  No matter how you twist it.   Other teams give him that shot and he rarely makes it less than a third of the time.  You want something that is untrue the quoted material that he has range you stated is a prime example.

Ibaka shots .37% from downtown why would they want to go with a guy who shots  .29% and can't stay in shape, protect the rim, outscore him?   They wouldn't.

Much as I agree they won't trade Ibaka, I think using the bolded as an argument is a crock of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Would love to try for Ibaka at least till we see what happens with Kanter. Turner and Sully for Ibaka. That may work for OKC with KD coming off injury. C's would be taking a risk with Ibaka coming off injury as well.

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

I also think Sully and Dallas 1st/Turner for Aaron Gordon may work since Orlando had interest in Sap.

You neglected to account for Amir Johnson.
AJ

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Neither would be true

It is very true.  Of course, you would think that as you proposed it.   Post it on real GM and watch people laugh you off the boards.     The problem is you think some of our guys have more value than they do.  I think efforts to use Sully to move up with four picks show this clearly to be only be true in your cranium.   Other GMs did not think it was such a good deal.  Two teams took a rookie  over Sully and four first round picks and two second round picks.  That ought to show you how improbable this trade would be.

Realgm what a joke. As for shooting have you seen what Ibaka in playoffs. When covered he doesn't shoot well.

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Neither would be true

Realgm what a joke. As for shooting have you seen what Ibaka in playoffs. When covered he doesn't shoot well.

Loving the "forum on forum crime" Well done.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

I'd be somewhat surprised if OKC took that package for Steven Adams, let alone Ibaka.

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Neither would be true

Loving the "forum on forum crime" Well done.
Realgm is a joke all the "insiders" lol.

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 03:33:04 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
At this point, I think Harris in Orlando and Noel in Philly are our best bets.

DeMarcus is a pie in the sky scenario.  I agree with others that he's not getting moved for at least a year, possibly not until there's one year left on his deal.

Melo could be available for trade in the near future, but trading for a 32 year old Melo would require us to immediately jump into contention mode, and I don't know if that's really plausible.

Trade for Harris and Noel without giving up too many assets and we could have an interesting young core that is just one or two pieces and a couple years of experience away from being really good.

I agree with this post. Noel and Harris would be our best bets. I think we can do a package deal for Harris, AB/Sully and a pick for Harris, and might be able to pull of Smart for Noel straight up (or Smart and a second rounder or something).

Thomas/Rozier/Pressey
Turner/Young/Hunter
Harris/Crowder
Amir/Jonas/KO/Mickey
Noel/Zeller

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Cavs, we help them get their man for the right price or the other way around like what's love got to do with it.
Denver, they have a guard that Danny covets
Portland, probably on tank mode next season
Philly, 3 starting centers.
Warriors, they need a retirement home for an old player
Mavs, they need depth and we got a lot of cheap "quality" players not made in china.

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 12:24:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Neither would be true

I was unaware we proposed Sully + 4 1sts and 2 seconds in the draft. source?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.