Author Topic: Most likely trading partners  (Read 12575 times)

Re: Most likely trading partners
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
According to GS Warriors site, Boston is the most logical destination for David Lee, in a straight up trade for Gerald Wallace.

I doubt we do it, though, because it would hurt our salary cap flexibility and not sure there is a need there in any event. Would be an upgrade, though.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/7/3/8872633/nba-trade-rumors-2015-golden-state-warriors-david-lee

Great deal for Boston.  It only results in about $5 million in savings for GSW.  Are they paying the luxury tax?

Mike
Yes.  HoopsHype has them at 83mil but that's without Green's new deal.  I don't know if they are paying repeater penalty. 

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 11:40:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

But Taj and Amir together would be great. Two very tough defenders down low (only issue is they're both 6'9.) Then Zeller can be our back-up.

On one end of the floor only, that combination would be pretty good.  This is a two way game, though, so no dice.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
According to GS Warriors site, Boston is the most logical destination for David Lee, in a straight up trade for Gerald Wallace.

I doubt we do it, though, because it would hurt our salary cap flexibility and not sure there is a need there in any event. Would be an upgrade, though.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/7/3/8872633/nba-trade-rumors-2015-golden-state-warriors-david-lee

Great deal for Boston.  It only results in about $5 million in savings for GSW.  Are they paying the luxury tax?

Mike
Yes.  HoopsHype has them at 83mil but that's without Green's new deal.  I don't know if they are paying repeater penalty.
I believe that Wallace can be stretched but Lee can't.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 12:18:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Would love to try for Ibaka at least till we see what happens with Kanter. Turner and Sully for Ibaka. That may work for OKC with KD coming off injury. C's would be taking a risk with Ibaka coming off injury as well.

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO
Wow that is some heavy defense and all fire power off the bench lol.

I also think Sully and Dallas 1st/Turner for Aaron Gordon may work since Orlando had interest in Sap.

Or Sully straight up for Henson. If C's can't get Ibaka.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:24:32 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 12:25:47 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
1. Wallace and Zeller and Pick to Denver for Galo.

They could use a center, Galo is gonna be a free agent, maybe they go for it.

2.  Trade Bradley/Turner for David Lee or Roy Hibbert. 

Try to get a pick out of the deal. One of these teams would jump on this salary dump.

Thomas. Rozier. Pressey
Smart. Hunter. (Sign John Jenkins?)
Galo. Crowder. Young
Sullinger. Olynyk. Jerebko
Amir.  (Lee or Hibbert). Mickey

Galo could bring scoring that we need. I guess it depends on how much Danny really values Bradley.

Good ideas!
Love Gallo.
Like Lee or Hibbert. 
What are the lengths on their contacts?
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
No thank you on Gallo.  He has missed at least 20 games in every year but one since 2010-2011

I would rather have Zeller....

Lee and Hibbert?  It depends what it would cost us.  The Warriors want to rid themselves of salary and taking AB and Turner doesn't do that...  For Lee it might be a trade exception type deal...

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 01:26:48 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
The good thing about Gallo, Lee, and Hinbert is they are all entering last year's of their deal.  With Amir and Jerebko only getting one year guarentee - could have tons of cap space to go after free agents or sign-and-trades again next summer. 

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Would love to try for Ibaka at least till we see what happens with Kanter. Turner and Sully for Ibaka. That may work for OKC with KD coming off injury. C's would be taking a risk with Ibaka coming off injury as well.

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

I also think Sully and Dallas 1st/Turner for Aaron Gordon may work since Orlando had interest in Sap.

Ibaka's defense and rim protection is infinitely more valuable than anything Sullinger and Turner can bring to the table. OKC doesn't need Sullinger's offense, especially if he's going to be paired with Kanter. As for Turner, Singler's a much better option for OKC as KD's backup given that all they really need out of that position is someone who can reliably hit threes and defend some.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

Ibaka's defense and rim protection is infinitely more valuable than anything Sullinger and Turner can bring to the table. OKC doesn't need Sullinger's offense, especially if he's going to be paired with Kanter. As for Turner, Singler's a much better option for OKC as KD's backup given that all they really need out of that position is someone who can reliably hit threes and defend some.
Yet Sully does have range and him and Kanter are good spreading and crashing. Sully would be first big off the bench and make a good 3 man rotation. Adams is their primary big defender so do you need two defenders or do you need more help inside scoring? Tuner isn't a bad defender as well for the SG/SF, hell he might start. Ibaka is a much better defender but it's about multiple needs and cap management. Would you want Sully, Kanter and Tuner or only Ibaka if cap was an issue?

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

Yet Sully does have range and him and Kanter are good spreading and crashing. Sully would be first big off the bench and make a good 3 man rotation. Adams is their primary big defender so do you need two defenders or do you need more help inside scoring? Tuner isn't a bad defender as well for the SG/SF, hell he might start. Ibaka is a much better defender but it's about multiple needs and cap management. Would you want Sully, Kanter and Tuner or only Ibaka if cap was an issue?

Unfortunately OKC  would laugh and hang up at that offer for Ibaka. He's arguably the 2nd most important player on their team and certainly their most important defender.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

Unfortunately OKC  would laugh and hang up at that offer for Ibaka. He's arguably the 2nd most important player on their team and certainly their most important defender.
Arguably 2nd most important player? That statement is what is laughable.

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »

Offline JoeyAinge

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Smart/Isiah
Young/RJ Hunter
Jaylen Brown/ Crowder
Sully/Kelly
Scal Libisierre/ ---

Will be our 2016-17 starting 5 YOUTH movement.
No stars coming our way we'll get em in the draft go watch their highlight tapes.

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 03:03:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
At this point, I think Harris in Orlando and Noel in Philly are our best bets.

DeMarcus is a pie in the sky scenario.  I agree with others that he's not getting moved for at least a year, possibly not until there's one year left on his deal.

Melo could be available for trade in the near future, but trading for a 32 year old Melo would require us to immediately jump into contention mode, and I don't know if that's really plausible.

Trade for Harris and Noel without giving up too many assets and we could have an interesting young core that is just one or two pieces and a couple years of experience away from being really good.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

Ibaka is 1of maybe 2-3 in the league that are elite rim protectors and can stretch the floor.....Anthony Davis is the other

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 04:03:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Smart/IT/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Wallace
AJ/Jerekbo/Mickey
Ibaka/Zeller/KO

Ibaka is 1of maybe 2-3 in the league that are elite rim protectors and can stretch the floor.....Anthony Davis is the other
It's not like he hasn't been diminished or is not also coming off injury. Ibaka is still a good defender but he isn't that much of an impact and shooting is streaky at times so spacing isnt always going to be possible. Again this is also about cap. You guys seems to think this is Ibaka from 3 years ago and the Thunder can just go way into the tax. Ibaka isn't the same and the Thunder have a budget.