Author Topic: There is about 450 players in the NBA. Rank Rondo.  (Read 2701 times)

Re: There is about 450 players in the NBA. Rank Rondo.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rondo joins the disaster in Sacramento.

Chaotic franchise just got moodier.

How do you make the spacing work with Rondo - Gay - WCS - Cousins on the floor at once?

You trade two of them.

Which two?  Ain't gonna be Gay, because I'm guessing he was a big part of why Rondo even considered Sac, as limited as his options were.

I'd be OK with the Celtics giving up a fair haul to try and trade for WCS, but it seems they drafted him to appease DMC.

If they want Avery Bradley I'd happily trade him and Evan Turner for McLemore. :P
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Rondo joins the disaster in Sacramento.

Chaotic franchise just got moodier.

How do you make the spacing work with Rondo - Gay - WCS - Cousins on the floor at once?

You trade two of them.

Which two?  Ain't gonna be Gay, because I'm guessing he was a big part of why Rondo even considered Sac, as limited as his options were.

I'd be OK with the Celtics giving up a fair haul to try and trade for WCS, but it seems they drafted him to appease DMC.

If they want Avery Bradley I'd happily trade him and Evan Turner for McLemore. :P

Maybe not two, but at least one.

DMC is as good as gone. He'll be traded by midseason to us.

I actually think a

Rondo/Collison
McLemore/Bellinelli
Gay/James Young
Amir Johnson/Olynyk
WCS/Zeller

team could be pretty good.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 07:33:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Heh.  I've said many times I'm skeptical Sacramento trades DMC anytime before next summer.  That would be the earliest time.

He's just too good to give up on, and that franchise has nothing else if he goes.  He's all they've got to give them hope of a better future.

Yeah, he's probably gone in a few years when he hits free agency anyway, but if I'm running that franchise Plan A is to find a way to win 50+ games before he leaves, at the very least to build some credibility for my organization.  Show that you can not totally screw up a good thing -- i.e. having the best offensive center in basketball -- for a couple of years.

Plan B would be to trade him in a year or so, but only if I get an absolute godfather offer.  Certainly not for a pile of lesser pieces.  Offer me at least one top 5 pick or an established star or I hang up the phone.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Heh.  I've said many times I'm skeptical Sacramento trades DMC anytime before next summer.  That would be the earliest time.

He's just too good to give up on, and that franchise has nothing else if he goes.  He's all they've got to give them hope of a better future.

Yeah, he's probably gone in a few years when he hits free agency anyway, but if I'm running that franchise Plan A is to find a way to win 50+ games before he leaves, at the very least to build some credibility for my organization.  Show that you can not totally screw up a good thing -- i.e. having the best offensive center in basketball -- for a couple of years.

Plan B would be to trade him in a year or so, but only if I get an absolute godfather offer.  Certainly not for a pile of lesser pieces.  Offer me at least one top 5 pick or an established star or I hang up the phone.

Pho, Pho, Pho... you're using one thing that Sacramento's front office never uses: logic.

Edit: obviously a ton of 1sts would be added to Young/Amir/Olynyk/Zeller. Also I think for this deal to get done, all 4 of those guys would have to look better than they did last season.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 08:27:14 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I was pretty convinced he was a top 30 point guard when he played here.  My opinion hasn't changed much.  I still think he's one of the 30 best point guards in the league.

Top 30 right now?
Or Top 30 all time?

If he's top 30 right now, he's the worst starting point guard in the league?
 Cause he's definitely not top 30 all time
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:36:31 PM by timobusa »

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 08:31:31 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I think he's in the 75-100 range.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Probably around 225-250. Incredibly average now.

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 08:51:02 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

There are 150 starters in the NBA. If you've got him lower than that, you've basically saying he shouldn't be starting for anybody.

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He is gonna be a hero once again

In the Chinese NBA