Author Topic: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $88M deal with Clippers, reneges on Dallas  (Read 58124 times)

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Warriors - title contender
Rockets - title contender
Grizzlies - title contender

Spurs - Aldridge is big swing factor. Older team. Injuries big variable. Lock for playoffs if healthy but could fall out of the mix.
Clippers - should be able to replace D.Jordan with a Koufos type and be a playoff lock

Portland - dropping out of playoffs
OKC - missed playoffs last year due to injuries, should be a lock this year. Possible title contender.

New Orleans - underachieved last year. Should be better this season
Dallas - worse team than last year. I don't expect anything from Wes Matthews. Parsons should be back healthy early in the season so that should work out. I think Dirk is in decline and I question whether he is still a top 10 PF in the league. PG rotation one of the weakest in the league.

Phoenix - very close to playoffs last two years. Tyson Chandler big improvement. If B.Knight can find his place in that team, I think Phoenix is better than Dallas too. And that is without Aldridge. With Aldridge, this team is close to being a title contender.

Utah - were terrific late season. A defensive monster. I think they can beat Dallas out too.

I'm with you on Utah. I think they'll surprise a lot of people this year.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Dallas clearly wants to improve their defense

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Doc will give it a go this year, but I can see him swinging a trade of himself to the Cavs next offseason.

I wouldn't put it past him ........with CP 3 starting to get a little age on him ......and iF LeBron fails again......

That's all for Blat

Next coach Please ......so might Doc  step in .......he is such a generous guy  ::).......I can really see this happening

Doc leaves...Cp3 runs across the hall to be a Laker quicker than you can snap you fingers

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I am not sure about salaries but doesn't this give Aldridge more incentive to choose Mavs? Or is there no more cap for Aldridge?

Aldridge is adamant he does not want to play center. On spurs he is sure to play some center minutes. With Suns and now Mavericks he won't have to play much center, if any at all.

This is kind of bitter sweet, I wanted Pierce to be on a real contender, however I hate the Clippers.

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Time for Ainge to call doc and offer sully , should be able to land unprotected pick or something and pick swaps even

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I am not sure about salaries but doesn't this give Aldridge more incentive to choose Mavs? Or is there no more cap for Aldridge?

Aldridge is adamant he does not want to play center. On spurs he is sure to play some center minutes. With Suns and now Mavericks he won't have to play much center, if any at all.

This is kind of bitter sweet, I wanted Pierce to be on a real contender, however I hate the Clippers.

I'm surprised PP didn't resign with Wizards .....I thought they had a pretty good little team going ....I thought he was happy there.......wow

Choosing between Doc and LeBron ......gonna be tuff

Plenty of hate for both .....but I guess most of the hate still goes to the Lakers ......forever.

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

I'm surprised PP didn't resign with Wizards .....I thought they had a pretty good little team going ....I thought he was happy there.......wow

Choosing between Doc and LeBron ......gonna be tuff

Plenty of hate for both .....but I guess most of the hate still goes to the Lakers ......forever.

I was too. I really think Wizards could be contenders especially with him. Plus I thought he would love to face off with Lebron. However I think Pierce choosing clippers had more to do with family and home vs the team. He might be regretting his decision now though.

Haha same here, Lakers, Cavs and Clippers!

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If Doc has any stones he'll let Pierce back out of the deal if he wants to. He was joining up to be the missing piece not help carry the load again.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Not expecting Dallas to kill it or anything after this, but clearly better.  A few spots in the standings matters a lot to the pick though so this is unfortunate.

I just don't expect much from Matthews until he proves it (terrible record for his injury).  No PG to really use DeAndre.  Parsons looked like he is not going to get any better, to me, from last year.

Too bad for Pierce.  Surprising he chose them before DeAndre did.

I'm wondering if Clippers maybe go after Harris now.  They already did sign Pierce but they need something.  They could run out a small but talented lineup with Pierce and Harris at the forward spots and Blake at C in crunch time.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Warriors - title contender
Rockets - title contender
Grizzlies - title contender

Spurs - Aldridge is big swing factor. Older team. Injuries big variable. Lock for playoffs if healthy but could fall out of the mix.
Clippers - should be able to replace D.Jordan with a Koufos type and be a playoff lock

Portland - dropping out of playoffs
OKC - missed playoffs last year due to injuries, should be a lock this year. Possible title contender.

New Orleans - underachieved last year. Should be better this season
Dallas - worse team than last year. I don't expect anything from Wes Matthews. Parsons should be back healthy early in the season so that should work out. I think Dirk is in decline and I question whether he is still a top 10 PF in the league. PG rotation one of the weakest in the league.

Phoenix - very close to playoffs last two years. Tyson Chandler big improvement. If B.Knight can find his place in that team, I think Phoenix is better than Dallas too. And that is without Aldridge. With Aldridge, this team is close to being a title contender.

Utah - were terrific late season. A defensive monster. I think they can beat Dallas out too.

I'm with you on Utah. I think they'll surprise a lot of people this year.
Utah was very impressive.  It wasn't just Gobert.  Dante Exum... yes, Dante Exum, had a massive impact defensively on that team.  I think his per-minute defensive impact was statistically even better than Marcus Smart.   http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2403167-why-dante-exum-is-the-nbas-defensive-rookie-of-the-year

Exum, of course, was terrible in a lot of other ways, but the team managed to win with him starting.  He needs to work on his aggressiveness.  He'll be interesting to watch.  A year and a half ago he was still playing high school basketball.  The only player in history to ever make the transition directly from foreign high school to the pros.  He didn't play pro or college ball before entering the NBA.  He could be special.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Simmons tweeting that Mavericks sold DeAndre on him being a two way player (more than just a finisher on offense like with Clippers).  Does not sound good or realistic.  And I really like DeAndre for what he is.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Not expecting Dallas to kill it or anything after this, but clearly better.  A few spots in the standings matters a lot to the pick though so this is unfortunate.

I just don't expect much from Matthews until he proves it (terrible record for his injury).  No PG to really use DeAndre.  Parsons looked like he is not going to get any better, to me, from last year.

Too bad for Pierce.  Surprising he chose them before DeAndre did.

I'm wondering if Clippers maybe go after Harris now.  They already did sign Pierce but they need something.  They could run out a small but talented lineup with Pierce and Harris at the forward spots and Blake at C in crunch time.

The Clips have no cap room and essentially no tradeable assets.  This is a disaster for them.

Mike

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Simmons tweeting that Mavericks sold DeAndre on him being a two way player (more than just a finisher on offense like with Clippers).  Does not sound good or realistic.  And I really like DeAndre for what he is.

I suppose he might be slightly better than what he's done in LA but I doubt he can devote more energy to offense and maintain his tremendous rebound numbers.

Mike

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Thanks Chris Paul!   ;)

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I really like DeAndre Jordan, and I wanted him on the Celtics because I think his defense and rebounding was exactly what we needed as a compliment to our other players. However - and I know he is a younger player - I don't know how much more of a difference Jordan has on the Mavs than what Tyson Chandler had on the Mavs. Other than that, they lost Monta Ellis who was a good (albeit inconsistent) scorer for them in exchange for Wes Matthews, who I really like, but that injury...

I don't know, I still don't think they make the playoffs in the west because they don't have a good PG rotation and there is not much talent coming off the bench there (which of course can change.)