Author Topic: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $88M deal with Clippers, reneges on Dallas  (Read 58294 times)

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
This signing and Wes Mathews help us keep the Dallas first.  Without those guys we lose the pick with Dallas among the bottom 7 teams....I still don't expect them to make the playoffs, unless they add a bunch more.  Maybe we'll get the 12 or 14th pick..
Dallas had 50 wins last year.  If Mathews is healthy, they'll be better this season   I believe they still have their MLE to get a starting PG (Beverly, Mo Williams,..).  Losing Jordan really hurts the Clips.  If the Blazers lose Aldridge, I doubt they make the playoffs.

No way that team can win over 50 games in the West.  They lost Ellis and Chandler.  They lost Crowder, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Wright and the guy they traded them for.  They lost Aminu.  Okay they got a gimpy mathews and Parsons should be healed, and Deandre Jordan.  No chance unless further significant  additions made.  Beverly would help.
Jordan is better than Chandler.  If he's healthy, I'd rather have Mathews than Ellis.  They barely played Crowder when they had him.  Nelson isn't worth much.  Wright is overrated.  Aminu was useful but offensively limited.   Looks like Beverley re-signed with Houston so Dallas will have to look elsewhere for their PG. 

So how many wins do you think the Clips will get without Jordan?  How many wins do you think the Blazers will get if they lose Aldridge?   I'd say Clips fall below 50 and Blazers miss the playoffs. 

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
DeAndre is a BAD MAN!

I wanted the Celtics to draft him way back when...that's exactly what Boston could use right now.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Dallas should be wary of Los Angeles products after the Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom problems. They seem to have bad experiences taking players who played for and left LA in recent times lol.  ;D

DeAndre Jordan and possibly Jeremy Lin can run their team down again lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Story going online now: ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas and stay in LA with Clips

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
CHRIS SAVED A SPOT FOR YOU ON THE BANANA BOAT, DEANDRE!!!

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Story going online now: ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas and stay in LA with Clips

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

It's easy to forget that technically no deals have been signed yet, only verbal agreements.  I doubt it will happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could change his mind.  A comp to this is back in the '09 offseason with Hedo Turkoglu, when I'm pretty sure he verbally agreed to a deal with the Blazers and then at the last moment backed out and went to Toronto.

Different players obviously, and Hedo basically dropped off the face of the Earth once he signed that deal, which I don't expect to happen to Jordan...but it's still not technically out of the realm of possibilities that he could change his mind and go back to LA

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13221695/los-angeles-clippers-lobbying-deandre-jordan-back-deal-dallas-mavericks

ESPN sources say Blake Griffin has already huddled with DeAndre Jordan on the matter and that Chris Paul could also still join the process

Baxter Holmes @BaxterHolmes
Sources told @Chris_Broussard that DJ has told people close to him since picking Dallas that he's still "torn" & "unsure" about his choice.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:54:23 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

It's easy to forget that technically no deals have been signed yet, only verbal agreements.  I doubt it will happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could change his mind.  A comp to this is back in the '09 offseason with Hedo Turkoglu, when I'm pretty sure he verbally agreed to a deal with the Blazers and then at the last moment backed out and went to Toronto.

Different players obviously, and Hedo basically dropped off the face of the Earth once he signed that deal, which I don't expect to happen to Jordan...but it's still not technically out of the realm of possibilities that he could change his mind and go back to LA

Man! That would be fantastic NBA offseason drama.

You have Reddick calling out the organization basically saying, "You had one job man..."

You have Cuban, the most outspoken owner in NBA history, already fined for yapping and gloating about the deal early (I love Cuban btw).

And a potential reversal? Man good stuff.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Hoping it happens for our pick!

Seems it's not just the Clippers that want Jordan either.  Seems he has second thoughts:

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Source close to D.Jordan started having 2nd thoughts on leaving LAC early in week, source said. Loves LA, Team closeness. @ESPNSteinLine 1st
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

Man! That would be fantastic NBA offseason drama.

You have Reddick calling out the organization basically saying, "You had one job man..."

You have Cuban, the most outspoken owner in NBA history, already fined for yapping and gloating about the deal early (I love Cuban btw).

And a potential reversal? Man good stuff.

IF this happens, and DJ goes back to LA....our Dallas pick gains value.....Danny throw some resources Doc's way to get it done...

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If DeAndre changes his mind and signs with the Clippers it could have some crazy ramifications.

First, I bet Wes Matthews decides it isn't a good idea to sign in Dallas and goes somewhere else.

Secondly, Marc Cuban has said his team would have tanked (that was the gist he didn't say tank) if they couldn't have signed DeAndre and Wes. So if they leave do we see Dirk and Chandler Parsons traded?

Would you guys have interest in Chandler Parsons? I think he would be perfect for Brad's system.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

It happened with us and David West. We had a verbal commitment and then he went to the Pacers.

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
If DeAndre changes his mind and signs with the Clippers it could have some crazy ramifications.

First, I bet Wes Matthews decides it isn't a good idea to sign in Dallas and goes somewhere else.

Secondly, Marc Cuban has said his team would have tanked (that was the gist he didn't say tank) if they couldn't have signed DeAndre and Wes. So if they leave do we see Dirk and Chandler Parsons traded?

Would you guys have interest in Chandler Parsons? I think he would be perfect for Brad's system.

Hmm...I like the player and fit, but I dont like his player option for next year. Maybe if he worked out a lower cost extension.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

First, yes. I'd definitely be interested in Chandler Parsons. We could even give them their pick back for him!  ;D

Second, didn't Cuban have a long tirade about how tanking was bad for the league not too long ago? I could have swore that he came out firmly against it. If so, that would be totally shady of him to turn around and tank this season.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Source: Clippers were upset that Mavericks had a dinner and a meeting with DJ, and Clippers just had one meeting.

This is as pathetic as what happened with the Lakers and Aldridge, does Doc not have any self-respect anymore?

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403

Some interest but fairly low. I wouldn't give up much of value for Parsons. A late first and a 2nd rounder. Something like that.