Author Topic: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $88M deal with Clippers, reneges on Dallas  (Read 58319 times)

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
We got the Clips pick a year too early. Doh!

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ramona Shelburne ?@ramonashelburne  21m21 minutes ago
As for DJ/CP3 dynamic. It's bad and it's been bad for three years when Celtics and Clippers got deep into trade talks on DJ-for-KG

Danny planted the seed. Took a year longer to grow than he anticipated, though.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Wonder what Doc would give up for Amir Johnson?
Two unprotected first round picks?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
It will be interesting to see how DJ do without CP3

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Who will be the Clips starting center?

PAUL PIERCE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Didn't everyone say that players love to play for Doc Rivers and that is why Boston should have done everything to keep him? I guess DJ is not a player.

If Clippers lose DJ they are done!!!!!!!!

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Who will be the Clips starting center?

PAUL PIERCE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Didn't everyone say that players love to play for Doc Rivers and that is why Boston should have done everything to keep him? I guess DJ is not a player.

If Clippers lose DJ they are done!!!!!!!!

This wasn't about Doc, but Chris Paul.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
BTW who is the backup center there. I can't remember.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
This signing and Wes Mathews help us keep the Dallas first.  Without those guys we lose the pick with Dallas among the bottom 7 teams....I still don't expect them to make the playoffs, unless they add a bunch more.  Maybe we'll get the 12 or 14th pick..

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
This signing and Wes Mathews help us keep the Dallas first.  Without those guys we lose the pick with Dallas among the bottom 7 teams....I still don't expect them to make the playoffs, unless they add a bunch more.  Maybe we'll get the 12 or 14th pick..
Dallas had 50 wins last year.  If Mathews is healthy, they'll be better this season   I believe they still have their MLE to get a starting PG (Beverly, Mo Williams,..).  Losing Jordan really hurts the Clips.  If the Blazers lose Aldridge, I doubt they make the playoffs. 

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Dallas had 50 wins last year.  If Mathews is healthy, they'll be better this season   I believe they still have their MLE to get a starting PG (Beverly, Mo Williams,..).  Losing Jordan really hurts the Clips.  If the Blazers lose Aldridge, I doubt they make the playoffs.

No way that team can win over 50 games in the West.  They lost Ellis and Chandler.  They lost Crowder, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Wright and the guy they traded them for.  They lost Aminu.  Okay they got a gimpy mathews and Parsons should be healed, and Deandre Jordan.  No chance unless further significant  additions made.  Beverly would help.

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Amare Stoudamire
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Amare Stoudamire

Ouch

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

No way that team can win over 50 games in the West.  They lost Ellis and Chandler.  They lost Crowder, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Wright and the guy they traded them for.  They lost Aminu.  Okay they got a gimpy mathews and Parsons should be healed, and Deandre Jordan.  No chance unless further significant  additions made.  Beverly would help.

Beverly is back with the Rockets.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
edit.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
WOW huge offer for DJ sure glad we didn't pay that much for a 1 way player. I like DJ but not for $20m a year.  :-X

worse contracts so far in FA
Aminu
DJ
Amir