Author Topic: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $88M deal with Clippers, reneges on Dallas  (Read 58277 times)

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Clippers need a center now? How about Fab Melo!!!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't think DeAndre Jordan is enough to get Dallas back into the playoffs next year.

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
Poor Captain  :'(

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
welp, that hurts our best draft pick next year.  I think Dallas could actually miss the playoffs.  I expect Brooklyn to sneak in. 

At least we still have our own draft pick.

I'm actually glad DJ signed because I was getting scared the pick would be in the top 7. I believe this pick will now be somewhere between 8-14. It'll be nearly impossible for not one of the following 3 things to drag Dallas out of the playoffs.

1) A Wes Matthews injury,
2) Significant decline from Dirk, or
3) DJ looking a lot worse without CP3/Blake

If all 3 happen, we might still not get that pick.

Edit:

These WC teams will almost definitely make the playoffs next season:

GS
Houston
LAC
San An
Memphis

Then you've got this batch of teams that Dallas finds itself amongst (in this particular order):

[2nd edit: OKC]
NOP
Utah
Portland
Dallas
Phoenix
Minnesota
Sacramento

That's IF Phoenix doesn't land LMA and Dallas basically has a perfect season. Again, if one of the three disasters listed above befalls them -- very likely to happen --they could find themselves in Lakers/Nuggets territory. That wouldn't be good for us. I'd be fine with those standings and Dallas handing over the 10th pick or so.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:14:02 PM by TheFlex »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Doc will give it a go this year, but I can see him swinging a trade of himself to the Cavs next offseason.

Doc is going to have to earn that President of Bball Ops title for real now. Time to see if he can swing a 3-team, double sign-and-trade deal with Mavs and Pacers and bring in Hibbert.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
C--Jordan
PF-Dirk
SF-Parsons
SG-Matthews
PG-Harris

still need a PG and lots of bench help
Dirk is a year older and Parsons/Matthews are coming off bad injuries. I don't think they will be a "bad" team but in the gauntlet that is the West, they will be fighting for 7-8 spot imo. With an injury or two they might completely miss the playoffs. Their lack of a competent bench/depth would also concern me.

But I can't wrap my ahead around the fact that a limited player like Deandre Jordan just got 20 mil a year. Wasted money imo.

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
For me, this signing is more about the loss for the Clippers than it is the gain for the Mavs.

Much like how KG was that defensive cog that held everything together for Doc when they were here in Boston, Jordan played that same role for him in LA.  That Clipper team is vastly different when Jordan isn't manning the middle...and just like that, any chance of the Clippers truly contending in the West I personally think is now gone.

The Pierce signing doesn't look nearly as impressive now with Jordan not there and I guess technically the only light they have at the end of the tunnel now is if Blake Griffin takes the ultimate step and becomes like a top 3 player in the league

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
welp, that hurts our best draft pick next year.  I think Dallas could actually miss the playoffs.  I expect Brooklyn to sneak in. 

With Miami and Indiana healthy and an improved Detroit team, I hope BKN stays out.

Here's an incentive for our team. Beat the Nets for the final playoff spot, earn the 11th pick!
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
Free agent center DeAndre Jordan has informed Mavs owner Mark Cuban & coach Rick Carlisle he is coming to Dallas, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Arash Markazi ?@ArashMarkazi  3m3 minutes ago
I heard about the DeAndre-Chris rift last year but was told, "We'll find out how bad it is if he feels he has to leave."

But I thought Chris Paul was the 2nd coming? He's not unanimously revered throughout the cosmos?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Doc screwed the pooch in LA. Pierce is joining another middle of the road playoff team now. Clippers window has closed.

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

I'm actually glad DJ signed because I was getting scared the pick would be in the top 7. I believe this pick will now be somewhere between 8-14. It'll be nearly impossible for not one of the following 3 things to drag Dallas out of the playoffs.

Edit:

GS
Houston
LAC
San An
Memphis

Then you've got this batch of teams that Dallas finds itself amongst (in this particular order):

NOP
Utah
Portland
Dallas
Phoenix
Minnesota
Sacramento

That's IF Phoenix doesn't land LMA and Dallas basically has a perfect season. Again, if one of the three disasters listed above befalls them -- very likely to happen --they could find themselves in Lakers/Nuggets territory. That wouldn't be good for us. I'd be fine with those standings and Dallas handing over the 10th pick or so.

How quickly we all forget about the Thunder...
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Warriors - title contender
Rockets - title contender
Grizzlies - title contender

Spurs - Aldridge is big swing factor. Older team. Injuries big variable. Lock for playoffs if healthy but could fall out of the mix.
Clippers - should be able to replace D.Jordan with a Koufos type and be a playoff lock

Portland - dropping out of playoffs
OKC - missed playoffs last year due to injuries, should be a lock this year. Possible title contender.

New Orleans - underachieved last year. Should be better this season
Dallas - worse team than last year. I don't expect anything from Wes Matthews. Parsons should be back healthy early in the season so that should work out. I think Dirk is in decline and I question whether he is still a top 10 PF in the league. PG rotation one of the weakest in the league.

Phoenix - very close to playoffs last two years. Tyson Chandler big improvement. If B.Knight can find his place in that team, I think Phoenix is better than Dallas too. And that is without Aldridge. With Aldridge, this team is close to being a title contender.

Utah - were terrific late season. A defensive monster. I think they can beat Dallas out too.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Edit:

GS
Houston
LAC
San An
Memphis

NOP
Utah
Portland
Dallas
Phoenix
Minnesota
Sacramento

How quickly we all forget about the Thunder...

Oh snap, good point.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
More random thoughts to keep us off the ledge, please!?
jordan shot under 40% on free throws last year.

in his careeer he has averaged only 8 points a game.

he is good for only 0.7 assists per game.

he is leaving the clips since he wants to be play more on offense.

all this for $80,000,000.  ;D

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva