Author Topic: Official Minutes Per Game Prediction Thread (2015-2016)  (Read 7615 times)

Re: Set the depth chart by minutes played
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Why would turner be gone by the start of the year. That seems arbitrary.  He's was arguably our best player during the hot stretch.  Plug him in for 30 mins at least.  I expect the rookies to spend a lot of time in the d league. We don't have minutes for them.

As others have said, ET is not that good. He's not bad, but as a team's best player, he does nothing more than sustain the monotonous speed of the treadmill. Danny should sell him while his value is as high as it is.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Re: Official Minutes Per Game Prediction Thread (2015-2016)
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 11:20:28 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

To me, this is a nightmare for Brad. So much levelness! We have a 13 man rotation where our best player is not much better than number 13. If Wallace was still healthy he might have been our best SF!

I hope Ainge shortens the rotation via trade, if only to make Brad's life easier.

I have headaches trying to find a good match, but IMO it has to be done one way or another.

TP.

Off the Charts competition for minutes this year
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we don't see a major change this may be a coaches dream fo Brad this year. At least at point guard, two guard, and Small forward. Look at the guys we have that already play extremely hard all the time, Smart, Crowder, Bradley, Johnson, Thomas (on offense), Rozier Defense is his M.O.

Young and Hunter will have to play their butt off just to get on the court same goes for Mickey.
 Look for young to steal some minutes at SF. The minutes breakdown could go like this,

Johnson 20, Zeller 20, Mickey 8
 Sully 20, Kelly 20, Mickey 8
 Crowder 20, Turner 20, Young 8
 Bradley 28, Smart 10, Hunter 10
  Smart 20, Thomas 20, Rozier 8

That's 15 guys and you need to trim the rotation but you get the idea, players that are getting after it play, no bias, no super ego's, if you want the job, go show the coach. A really competitive atmosphere, and a coach who's not afraid to play different lineups.

Re: Off the Charts competition for minutes this year
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
No offense, but didn't you start a very similar thread to this last night?

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 04:01:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Unless Mickey really impresses, I doubt he gets any minutes. I would move all of those minutes over to Sully and KO (28MPG each). JJ might also get a few of Zeller's (or KO's) minutes, but probably only in the 4-6MPG range.

I also can't imagine Hunter breaking the rotation so I would say that Smart and Thomas will also be in the 28MPG range meaning Crowder or Turner should each be in the 20-24MPG range.

Of course there will be injuries and guys will be given an opportunity to step up, but this is basically similar to last year's team with a much more reasonable center.

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 11:56:16 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
No offense, but didn't you start a very similar thread to this last night?

I posted something similar. Without any stickies here we basically have the same topics come up every few days.

back on topic,
Also, I'd say we are full at the 4 and even 5 when you consider we can play Crowder at the 4 and shift everyone accordingly. 

You would think a guy or 2 would step up and a guy or 2 will be exposed as not an NBA talent.

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 02:21:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I am not seeing many actual predictions for minutes, though?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 02:26:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Why would turner be gone by the start of the year. That seems arbitrary.  He's was arguably our best player during the hot stretch.  Plug him in for 30 mins at least.  I expect the rookies to spend a lot of time in the d league. We don't have minutes for them.

As others have said, ET is not that good. He's not bad, but as a team's best player, he does nothing more than sustain the monotonous speed of the treadmill. Danny should sell him while his value is as high as it is.
Sure.  But I don't see that happening.  So plug him in for 30 minutes a night.  We played our best basketball with him playing point forward.  For now, I imagine he'll continue to get minutes.

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 02:29:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
why would turner be gone by the start of the year. That seems arbitrary.  He's was arguably our best player during the hot stretch.  Plug him in for 30 mins at least.  I expect the rookies to spend a lot of time in the d league. We don't have minutes for them.

Because Turner is not very good.  He has reached his ceiling as an inefficient ball handling wing with a nonexistent outside shot and poor defense. 

He was needed last year as a ballhandler with Smart starting.  The team just used a 1st rounder on another ball handling combo guard who hopefully has some more upside.  Turner should be gone.

How do you make minutes for rookies who you need to develop? Dump vets who have maxed out as not very good role players.
I understand the premise, but if the team was interested in bottoming out and developing the youth, they wouldn't have given 12 million to Amir Johnson this summer.   Turner will play.   The rookies will spend the bulk of their time in D-League.   We're still pretending to be a playoff team.

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 02:34:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I am not seeing many actual predictions for minutes, though?
My minutes prediction:

Boost Sully's minutes a bit.   Give Bass's minutes to Amir.  Subtract Luigi's minutes.  Give Pressey's minutes to Rozier when he's not in D-league. 

Roster is a mess.  Needs a trade. My guess is Zeller has to lose minutes to support giving more to Sully and Oly.  Roster is a mess.  Needs a trade.   I can't imagine we'll see much shift in the guard rotation based on some mediocre rookies, but Smart probably needs more minutes than that, so we'll have to sacrifice more for Thomas and Bradley.

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 02:46:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
why would turner be gone by the start of the year. That seems arbitrary.  He's was arguably our best player during the hot stretch.  Plug him in for 30 mins at least.  I expect the rookies to spend a lot of time in the d league. We don't have minutes for them.

Because Turner is not very good.  He has reached his ceiling as an inefficient ball handling wing with a nonexistent outside shot and poor defense. 

He was needed last year as a ballhandler with Smart starting.  The team just used a 1st rounder on another ball handling combo guard who hopefully has some more upside.  Turner should be gone.

How do you make minutes for rookies who you need to develop? Dump vets who have maxed out as not very good role players.
I understand the premise, but if the team was interested in bottoming out and developing the youth, they wouldn't have given 12 million to Amir Johnson this summer.   Turner will play.   The rookies will spend the bulk of their time in D-League.   We're still pretending to be a playoff team.

I honestly believe that dumping Turner will make the team better.

Trading Bradley away and giving more minutes to the younger guards, maybe not so much in the short term.  Depends on who they get in return.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 03:00:51 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Our team was pretty healthy last year as well. Injuries happen but I don't expect the rookies to play too much off the bat.

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

So, who wants to take a fresh stab at this now that Datome and Pressey are out and Lee and Jones are in?

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

So... who likes revisiting and laughing at old predictions??! =)

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Scanning back over it, I think Phosita's nba2k lineup came pretty close.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.