Author Topic: NBA Summer League 2015 Discussion  (Read 35339 times)

Re: NBA Summer League 2015 Discussion
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2015, 11:06:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
How was Randle? I saw that he got a 17 and 4 stat line.

I only saw a bit early on, he looked OK. His mid range looked quite good though, but I think he had a favorable match-up as well. Whatever. I think he should be a player at some point, but we'll see.

Lakers though playing with 3 potential starters for next year in Summer League and still losing...

« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2015, 11:36:55 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
How was Randle? I saw that he got a 17 and 4 stat line.

His defense was awful.

« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Lakers blogs were fuming last night ...

Seemed like the majority or the most vocal crowd anyway is. PO 'd. At the FO of lakers for taking Russell over Oak man .

Honestly .....I have to agree with them .

Dumb dumb dumb

Right now I would not swap Hunter for Russell.

Lol I called Russell a bust on draft night.  I know it's early

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2015, 12:01:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Holy confirmation bias. Randle had his moments this game, especially 2nd quarter, and played well overall. He has a unique skill-set - he's not a stretch nor a post guy, but he has a lot of talent. He obviously had favorable match-ups (this is SL), but he is really quick and strong with the ball from the foul-line down. Can break his man down off the dribble from just outside the paint or in transition, and he will be able to finish well due to his strength and touch.

Clarkson looked good. Surprised, but not shocked, at how bad Russell has been. Mudiay may not be putting up gaudy numbers, but he has played well and will do one or two things that make you lean back in your seat. Russell just looks like he's not ready at this point...

Wish we had taken J. Anderson. Wanted him before the draft, want him even more now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Holy confirmation bias. Randle had his moments this game, especially 2nd quarter, and played well overall. He has a unique skill-set - he's not a stretch nor a post guy, but he has a lot of talent. He obviously had favorable match-ups (this is SL), but he is really quick and strong with the ball from the foul-line down. Can break his man down off the dribble from just outside the paint or in transition, and he will be able to finish well due to his strength and touch.

I actually wanted Randle over Smart, but if you watched more than just the box score you saw Randle get dominated on defense. He's also really, really slow. He can finish around the rim but that's about it.

Russell looks lost out there and doesn't seem to understand the game of basketball at all. Tons of bad passes and general Basketball 101 no-no's. He has a lot to learn if the ball is ever going to flow through him.

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Porzingis is kinda boring to watch. Doesn't do much on the floor. Porzingis reminds me of Bargnani on offense. Relies a lot on others to get him good looks at the basket due to limited shot-creation abilities. Not much of a passer either. Not near the ball often enough.

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2015, 05:52:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Porzingis is kinda boring to watch. Doesn't do much on the floor. Porzingis reminds me of Bargnani on offense. Relies a lot on others to get him good looks at the basket due to limited shot-creation abilities. Not much of a passer either. Not near the ball often enough.

Well if the stick doesn't impress in Summer league ...how is he going to do against a bunch of vets ......LeBron runs I to him full steam ....he d break in half.  ;D

I not knocked out by his play at all ......he is WEAK