Author Topic: This off season has been frustrating, but don't panic. BREATHE!  (Read 11688 times)

Re: This off season has been frustrating, but don't panic. BREATHE!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 01:32:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Why even play the East reg season......one team spends 200 million on their team ....the others 1/4 that .

Something is wrong with how the NBA is controlling the rebuilding .

Warriors only lucked into winning because three of the Cavs best players were hurt.

Celtics are a awful team ....

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Don't panic. Just accept that this team is irrelevant for the long haul.  Your favorite team is an also-ran.  You're rooting for a perpetually mediocre treadmill squad with no hope of contending.  Half the league is like that.  Accept that we aren't special. Our crappy assets are the same as everyone else's crappy assets.  Ainge spoiled us.  We lost sight of how impossible it is to trade into a contender.  Aside from our little 3.5 year window of contending, we have been like that more or less for 25 years.   We will make the playoffs sometimes. We will miss the playoffs sometimes.  We will add some garbage players. We will stumble into a fringe star like Al Jefferson every 10 years... But we will not matter.  This team will not matter.  We will be on the outside looking in.  This is not our league. It belongs to teams like Cleveland, golden state, Oklahoma... And eventually it will belong to teams like Minnesota and Philly.  We are the Washington Generals. If you see our face, it will probably be on the other end of someone's boot in dunk posters and sportscenter highlights.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you can start celebrating the moral victories... Like stumbling into a Delote West from time to time in the draft, or landing a serviceable big man like Rodney Rodgers or amir Johnson... Or making the playoffs with a losing record.

We spent the majority of the last 3 decades in this spot.  Welcome back.  Rub KG's pixie dust out of your eyes... You have been here for a few years now and didn't even notice it. Time to accept it.  There's no easy way out of it.   Here's hoping one of these years we bottom out and finally luck into a cornerstone.  Accept our futility and this will all be easier to stomach.

Or you can sit here for the next 20 years and keep waiting for that "other shoe" to drop that never comes. That will just lead to disappointment.

That or sit there whining and complaining about something you have no control over...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 03:18:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't panic. Just accept that this team is irrelevant for the long haul.  Your favorite team is an also-ran.  You're rooting for a perpetually mediocre treadmill squad with no hope of contending.  Half the league is like that.  Accept that we aren't special. Our crappy assets are the same as everyone else's crappy assets.  Ainge spoiled us.  We lost sight of how impossible it is to trade into a contender.  Aside from our little 3.5 year window of contending, we have been like that more or less for 25 years.   We will make the playoffs sometimes. We will miss the playoffs sometimes.  We will add some garbage players. We will stumble into a fringe star like Al Jefferson every 10 years... But we will not matter.  This team will not matter.  We will be on the outside looking in.  This is not our league. It belongs to teams like Cleveland, golden state, Oklahoma... And eventually it will belong to teams like Minnesota and Philly.  We are the Washington Generals. If you see our face, it will probably be on the other end of someone's boot in dunk posters and sportscenter highlights.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you can start celebrating the moral victories... Like stumbling into a Delote West from time to time in the draft, or landing a serviceable big man like Rodney Rodgers or amir Johnson... Or making the playoffs with a losing record.

We spent the majority of the last 3 decades in this spot.  Welcome back.  Rub KG's pixie dust out of your eyes... You have been here for a few years now and didn't even notice it. Time to accept it.  There's no easy way out of it.   Here's hoping one of these years we bottom out and finally luck into a cornerstone.  Accept our futility and this will all be easier to stomach.

Or you can sit here for the next 20 years and keep waiting for that "other shoe" to drop that never comes. That will just lead to disappointment.

That or sit there whining and complaining about something you have no control over...
No point in whining and complaining about it.  Rooting for Tony Delk had it's rewards.  It was just the acceptance that Boston was never going to be relevant anytime soon.   We're right back in the thick of NBA irrelevance.  Might as well accept it.  We're going to be here indefinitely.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I am so excited for 38 wins and a four game sweep in the playoffs guys I can barely contain myself.

I actually don't think we'll make the playoffs, but if we do I think with geniusboy as our coach and some general improvement from Marcus,  Sully and some defense from Amir, that we can challenge pretty much any team other than the Cavs.

Good news is that if we make the playoffs it's likely the Nets don't,  so we'll have a lottery pick either way...
Just keep preserving our cap room with short term deals and wait for Cousins or whoever.

That doesn't make any sense... if you don't actually think this team is able to make the playoffs how are they able to beat a playoff team??

Also Amir Johnson is the same as bass if anything slightly better.

And we aren't getting Cousins or any other superstar with our current assets we were shown during the draft that nobody wants what were selling

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I am so excited for 38 wins and a four game sweep in the playoffs guys I can barely contain myself.

I actually don't think we'll make the playoffs, but if we do I think with geniusboy as our coach and some general improvement from Marcus,  Sully and some defense from Amir, that we can challenge pretty much any team other than the Cavs.

Good news is that if we make the playoffs it's likely the Nets don't,  so we'll have a lottery pick either way...
Just keep preserving our cap room with short term deals and wait for Cousins or whoever.

That doesn't make any sense... if you don't actually think this team is able to make the playoffs how are they able to beat a playoff team??

And we aren't getting Cousins or any other superstar with our current assets we were shown during the draft that nobody wants what were selling

Sorry that did read weirdly.
I meant that our super coach can work match ups well and in the rare case we do slide into the 7th or 8th seed, we stand a chance to win a game or two. I didn't mean 'win series' by using the word 'challenge'.
I think the grind of the regular season and  our results vs Western Conference teams will be poor and that the only way we get into the playoffs is if multiple teams suffer major injuries to stars like last season...eg Bosh,  Paul George,  Lopez etc..
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 10:19:52 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

#realtalk
- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 10:25:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Defense is going to have to be our calling card that is why I think Sully's days are numbered.

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

Let's see about that...
I don't necessarily disagree with your evaluation at the top, and the path to get there is really hard, but I think the Magic, the Jazz or the Bucks, the way they have been managing their franchises, have a lot more chances of getting a title than the 76ers or the Wolves.
Before last season started, I would have put the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets and maybe even the Mavs ahead of Golden State. To me, at the start of 2014-15, they had as many chances as the Wizards in the east...
It's hard to tell in advance what it takes to make the jump from a very good team to a champion. But I'm certain that by the time the Wolves and 76ers develop those supposedly good players they have... they'll be all jumping ship.

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

#realtalk

Real talk? I didn't realize Rick Pitino came back. He just being negative for the sake of being negative.

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 10:59:07 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

According to one team.

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

No point in whining and complaining about it.  Rooting for Tony Delk had it's rewards.  It was just the acceptance that Boston was never going to be relevant anytime soon.   We're right back in the thick of NBA irrelevance.  Might as well accept it.  We're going to be here indefinitely.

Dude, seriously. Give it up already. Since when are we an "also-ran stuck in perpetual mediocrity". Like 10 people have challenged you on that with the fact that we went from on for the worst teams in the league to the playoffs in ONE season. We finished the season at a 56 win pace with a core group of guys under the age of 26. We haven't even finalized the roster for this year.

How in the world is that "stuck in perpetual mediocrity"? Do tell? And how are we a "35 win" team as you and some of your compatriots like to point out when we were a .500 team last year with 2/3 of a season with the dumpster fire that was a Rajon Rondo led team? Is the 56 win pace we finished the season on unrealistic? Yes, of course. About as unrealistic as 33 wins barring something catastrophic.

Go cheer on the sixers. You like them better anyway.

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Danny Ainge sucks

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Dude, seriously. Give it up already. Since when are we an "also-ran stuck in perpetual mediocrity". Like 10 people have challenged you on that with the fact that we went from on for the worst teams in the league to the playoffs in ONE season. We finished the season at a 56 win pace with a core group of guys under the age of 26. We haven't even finalized the roster for this year.

How in the world is that "stuck in perpetual mediocrity"? Do tell? And how are we a "35 win" team as you and some of your compatriots like to point out when we were a .500 team last year with 2/3 of a season with the dumpster fire that was a Rajon Rondo led team? Is the 56 win pace we finished the season on unrealistic? Yes, of course. About as unrealistic as 33 wins barring something catastrophic.

Go cheer on the sixers. You like them better anyway.

TP
and i'd like to add that we were contending just 3 years ago...
that's hardly a "treadmill" of mediocrity.
we just need to nail a couple draft picks, and hope our young guys continue to improve. since we have extra draft picks and some decent prospects we can make trades as needed, the hard part will be getting that first star.
and another thing i would emphasize is that stars are born into this league every year, often by badly-run teams.
the key is that a well-managed franchise knows what to do with the roster after getting that first big piece, that's where most other franchises fail, and that's where we'll succeed.

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 12:27:36 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188