Author Topic: GO GET DERRICK FAVORS! (trade idea)  (Read 5478 times)

GO GET DERRICK FAVORS! (trade idea)
« on: July 02, 2015, 09:17:14 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Derrick Favors is 6'10 - 262 and can play PF or C! He provides shot blocking, rebounding, good pick and roll execution, and defense!

Why trade for him?----He's only 23 (24 on July 15th) and his contract is worth 12.9M w/ 3 more years left. This is a BARGAIN when taking the new TV deal into consideration. Amir Johnson was just signed for 1 million less (albeit for less years, which is why the Celtics gave him 12M) than Favors.

What do we have to give up?!---Any combination of: Wallace or Bradley, Sully, Olynyk, Pressey, Babb, & picks

For example:

To UTAH: Bradley, Olynyk, Sully, Pressey, Babb, 2016 Minnesota 1st, 2016 Philly 2nd rounder

To BOS: Derrick Favors 

Utah gets:

- Avery Bradley for a very reasonable price.
- Olynyk & Sully whose bird rights Utah will inherit (makes them more affordable to re-sign)
- Pressey & Babb who get waived

2015-2016 Depth Chart:

Thomas/Rozier/Turner
Smart/Young/Hunter
Crowder/Turner/Mickey
Favors/Crowder/Mickey
Zeller/Johnson

The quicker Ainge finds a good Center, the quicker we can move Zeller to backup C...

Re: GO GET DERRICK FAVORS! (trade idea)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That package won't get you Favors

You'd probably have to give up Smart, Sully and Olynyk to get him and maybe more (like picks.)

Not that I would be opposed to such an offer. I think Favors would be a very nice center for us. Him and Amir would be a good front court.

But we have to remember Utah really has no reason to trade him unless you make them a really good offer

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:32:09 PM by gpap »

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:09:47 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday

You'd probably have to give up Smart, Sully and Olynyk to get him and maybe more (like picks.)

Not that I would be opposed to such an offer. I think Favors would be a very nice center for us. Him and Amir would be a good front court.

But we have to remember Utah really has no reason to trade him unless you make them a really good offer

ZERO CHANCE they're getting Smart in a favors trade...That would be pointless. Can't go around thinking just because Favors was picked top 5 that you're getting Smart.

Favors is averaging 16ppg, 8.2 rebs, & 1.7 blks. Sully has the potential to put up 13 & 8 by himself. Not to mention Utah gets Bradley & Olynyk as well...

By doing this deal Utah trades front court defense (Favors=Blocks) for more 3pt shooting and an upgrade in backcourt defense (Bradley). If anything I'd suggest adding the Dallas pick and take out the  Philly 2nd rounder.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

ZERO CHANCE they're getting Smart in a favors trade...That would be pointless. Can't go around thinking just because Favors was picked top 5 that you're getting Smart.

Favors is averaging 16ppg, 8.2 rebs, & 1.7 blks. Sully has the potential to put up 13 & 8 by himself. Not to mention Utah gets Bradley & Olynyk as well...

By doing this deal Utah trades front court defense (Favors=Blocks) for more 3pt shooting and an upgrade in backcourt defense (Bradley). If anything I'd suggest adding the Dallas pick and take out the  Philly 2nd rounder.

Key word is potential. The term potential means jack squat to me

I have the potential to one day become president of the United States. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Favors is a far better rebounder and overall player than Sullinger and Olynyk. You need Smart in the deal to make the trade more fair otherwise you're just fleecing Utah.

They will not deal Favors for our pu-put platter of role players mentioned in your original post.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 10:56:32 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
The Favors rumors died when Millsap didn't go to Utah.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 11:02:30 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Are you serious?  No way the Celtics could get Favors for what you suggested and then you reply with this BS??????  WOW!!!

Sully has never had higher then 1.9 Offensive Win Shares a season, Favors got 5 wins on his offense alone this season.

Sully had a career high 2.1 Defensive Wins this season, Favors a 3.3. 

So Sully had a 4.0 Win Share, while Favors had 8.3 (So he is worth more than twice the amount of wins a season).

Sully is only 8 months younger.  Favors is a stud and we are offering garbage to get him.

I would literally trade Sully, Bradley, Smart, 16 Nets pick, and our 2016 pick for Favors and I don't know if Utah would even take it.  Favors flexibility is worth much more then an oft injured Sully.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:18:09 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
doubt that would get us favors
besides utah r not actively trading him
so hes pprice tag would be much higher than those players + 2nd rounders

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:52 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday

I have the potential to one day become president of the United States. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Favors is a far better rebounder and overall player than Sullinger and Olynyk. You need Smart in the deal to make the trade more fair otherwise you're just fleecing Utah.

They will not deal Favors for our pu-put platter of role players mentioned in your original post.

My fault I meant the potential for Sully to average 16 & 8 (just like Favors). Sully already averages 13ppg & 7.2 rebs w/ the weight issue...You're overrating Favors and its possible I am SLIGHTLY underrating him. Bradley, Sully, Olynyk & picks would not be considered "fleecing". I could see if it were a trade for an All-Star PF averaging 20+ ppg & 10 rpg...Favors doesn't even average a double-double!

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
What do we have to give up?!---Any combination of: Wallace or Bradley, Sully, Olynyk, Pressey, Babb, & picks

For example:

To UTAH: Bradley, Olynyk, Sully, Pressey, Babb, 2016 Minnesota 1st, 2016 Philly 2nd rounder

To BOS: Derrick Favors 

Too much to give up for a guy who is not a star.

We give up Bradley  then we need to move Thomas to the starting PG spot and Smart to starting SG spot - leaves us with only rookies to cover the backup PG spot which cannot be depended on.

Giving up Olynyk and Sully leaves us with no backup PF aside from rookies.

This trade instantly makes us much, much worse.

Instead of being a team who has no stars, but gets by on depth...we become a team with no stars and no depth. 

Basically puts us in tank mode...and Favours isn't good enough to tank around.

Finally Favours is Utah's future - they aren't giving him up for that offer.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 12:03:59 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

That's becoming quite the buzz word around here lately isn't it? lol

Worth noting, Sully and Olynyk aren't role players - they're prospects.  That's how you need to look at pretty much any player who is < 25 years old and a significant contribute in this league.

Also potential may not mean much to you, but it does to others - that's why people here are obsessed with Tobias Harris who (if you discard potential) is really not much better than Sully/Bradley.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 12:15:10 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

That's becoming quite the buzz word around here lately isn't it? lol

Worth noting, Sully and Olynyk aren't role players - they're prospects.  That's how you need to look at pretty much any player who is < 25 years old and a significant contribute in this league.

Also potential may not mean much to you, but it does to others - that's why people here are obsessed with Tobias Harris who (if you discard potential) is really not much better than Sully/Bradley.

Comparing per 36 stats among Sully, KO, Amir, and Tobias is pretty interesting. I understand Amir is an advanced stats darling (compared to others within our reach), but his RPM (esp DRPM) has been discussed as cloudy elsewhere. Sully also has a significantly higher PER than the others.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I like the idea of going after Favors. He can play center and anchor a defense and contribute offensively and, as said above, he's only 24. The rumor was Utah was willing to trade him if they could resign Paul Millsap. If that's true, maybe he's gettable with the right package.

I'd offer something like Sullinger, Bradley, Turner, and a future first. I think that's fair for a guy who's never made an all star team. Throw in a couple of 2nd rounders, too.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 01:11:01 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Are you serious?  No way the Celtics could get Favors for what you suggested and then you reply with this BS??????  WOW!!!

Sully has never had higher then 1.9 Offensive Win Shares a season, Favors got 5 wins on his offense alone this season.

Sully had a career high 2.1 Defensive Wins this season, Favors a 3.3. 

So Sully had a 4.0 Win Share, while Favors had 8.3 (So he is worth more than twice the amount of wins a season).

Sully is only 8 months younger.  Favors is a stud and we are offering garbage to get him.

I would literally trade Sully, Bradley, Smart, 16 Nets pick, and our 2016 pick for Favors and I don't know if Utah would even take it.  Favors flexibility is worth much more then an oft injured Sully.

my response was going to be very similar to this.  If Favors goes 15 and 8 and Sully (ever does) goes 13 and 8....that doesnt mean those numbers are the same.  numerically speaking yes, but Favors does so much more out on the court it isn't close.  this isn't 2k15.  not all stats are created equal in real life.

would be shocked if we were able to land him without giving up Smart, Kelly, and a Nets pick as a starting package.

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Ja?z have a very good thing going right now and I doubt they want to make any kind of big trades right now.

People suggesting we trade for hayward or favors are just very optimistic but delusional fans that don't take into consideration the other team needs.

There is pretty much no chance that we land either hayward or favors.

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 08:13:59 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14

Sully in the 2013-2014 season averaged 8.1 rebounds and 13.3 points, so he's already done it.  This year being hurt a good portion in 2014-2015 season averages 7.6 rebounds and 13.3 points.