Author Topic: Sporting News: Love could be on trading block this year  (Read 3704 times)

Sporting News: Love could be on trading block this year
« on: July 02, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Executives around the league told Sporting News on Wednesday that Love eventually could wind up back on the trading block, but the Cavs needed to re-sign him rather than risk losing him for nothing in return. Thompson deserves a starting spot, and the Cavs are confident that, eventually, a smaller lineup with Thompson at center and Love at power forward will work.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/

I thought this was a possibility all along . Especially if Tristen takes more of his minutes

We could offer Amir,KO, and a few picks ;D

Re: Sporting News: Love could be on trading block this year
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 07:17:28 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Can Love just go away? I'm not going to try to pretend like I don't want him anymore, but this guy is such a tease.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:17:59 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Seems like they think love at PF and TT at C will work

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Seems like they think love at PF and TT at C will work

"they"?  You mean Lebron.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:20:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
And they'll have to pay, or lose, Mozgov next summer. Something has to give.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Executives around the league told Sporting News on Wednesday that Love eventually could wind up back on the trading block, but the Cavs needed to re-sign him rather than risk losing him for nothing in return. Thompson deserves a starting spot, and the Cavs are confident that, eventually, a smaller lineup with Thompson at center and Love at power forward will work.

I thought this was a possibility all along . Especially if Tristen takes more of his minutes

Oh boy!! Is media going to do this for another full year again. ::) ::)!! After screaming at the top of their lungs all season long he would leave, the dude doesn't even take a single meeting with other teams and re-signs.

Would have thought most of these media hacks would have felt embarrassed enough by getting the Klove situation so horribly wrong. Then again I been saying they were fabricating that Klove being unhappy story for click bait. Guess only incredibly desperate/gullible people will bite now.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 07:35:37 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

This just in: League sources say that every player in the league could possibly potentially be traded in the next year, and if not then, maybe it's feasible they could be moved in the year after that.

No offense to the OP, but I'm sick of all the Love "rumors." I know, I don't have to read about them, but I feel compelled to express my dissatisfaction.  ;)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I expect a draft night trade.  They'll wait to see which Love suitor gets a top 5 pick.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I expect a draft night trade.  They'll wait to see which Love suitor gets a top 5 pick.

Draft night? They could actually pull this trade off right before training camp.

Cleveland owes DA one for helping the free up money to grab Lebron.

The Amir contract would make a bit more sense, and if they can move Wallace in a trade dump, we should be able to take on some money freeing up the CAVS already huge payroll.

I doubt it's going to happen, but I do find it a little weird that Love didn't even test the market, and how much the CAVS payed Thompson  to back up Love is pretty crazy.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 10:31:50 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
So these executives who were likely driving the "Love is leaving them in summer 2015" train have egg on their faces and are now going for the "Cavs will look to trade Love immediately" angle? Sure, I'll believe you guys.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

This just in: League sources say that every player in the league could possibly potentially be traded in the next year, and if not then, maybe it's feasible they could be moved in the year after that.

No offense to the OP, but I'm sick of all the Love "rumors." I know, I don't have to read about them, but I feel compelled to express my dissatisfaction.  ;)
yeah, that sums the article up pretty well. tp.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 08:40:06 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Draft night? They could actually pull this trade off right before training camp.

The Amir contract would make a bit more sense, and if they can move Wallace in a trade dump, we should be able to take on some money freeing up the CAVS already huge payroll.

I doubt it's going to happen, but I do find it a little weird that Love didn't even test the market, and how much the CAVS payed Thompson  to back up Love is pretty crazy.

No, they can't trade Love until January 15th of this year per the CBA.  And unless it works so poorly that they need to hit the reset button then (and I don't think it will), it'd probably be a step back midseason to make such a trade, unless the Cavs felt they needed a ton of role players, in which case the C's have that.  Accordingly, they'll wait to see who has the best draft pick between the C's and Lakers and trade him there. 

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 08:42:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Total speculation. Any player in the league "could" end up on the trading block "eventually".

Love is a good fit for a Lebron offense. He's staying.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

No, they can't trade Love until January 15th of this year per the CBA.  And unless it works so poorly that they need to hit the reset button then (and I don't think it will), it'd probably be a step back midseason to make such a trade, unless the Cavs felt they needed a ton of role players, in which case the C's have that.  Accordingly, they'll wait to see who has the best draft pick between the C's and Lakers and trade him there.

My bad, I saw Dec 15th or three months, didn't see the "which on is later" part.

Still I could see this happening before the deadline. I don't think they will want to pay out 38mill a year for one position.

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 09:05:52 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Total speculation. Any player in the league "could" end up on the trading block "eventually".

Love is a good fit for a Lebron offense. He's staying.
I agree.  I don't buy this rumor at all.  Who are they going to trade him to that would be able to send back salary?  Or are they just going to trade him to a team that is under the cap for young players or draft picks?

I know, they can  trade him for Kobe Bryant.