Author Topic: Mcdonaugh outworking Ainge?  (Read 2483 times)

Mcdonaugh outworking Ainge?
« on: July 02, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Every off season RM looks like he wants to be part of the action. Everyone thinks he doesnt stand a chance . But he really goes after players. He did so with IT last season(and signed him) and now Chandler(signed) and LMA.  If the Suns get Aldrige , wow , that will be impressive

Ainge on the other hand doesnt look like he is trying (maybe he has different plans).  Almost like if you want to play for the historic Celtics team, you can call me- attitude.

Is RM outworking Ainge? Or RM needs to do something/cant stay still , like walking through the mall and buying things when you dont really need it?

Re: Mcdonaugh outworking Ainge?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yes. Danny had a plan but that was the plan of the past, he is behind the curve and has been unable to foresee the future. Cap space, draft picks, bad assets didn't work out for him and without getting lucky with a young guy making a major step he is doomed to fail.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love how everyone jumps on board the bash Danny train two days into free agency. He's not trying? Get a clue man.

The moves he's made this week and at the draft haven't been firework deals, simply because the deals aren't there to be made. Why would LMA have any reason to come to Boston? Why would anyone else in the top tier free agent class come here? Danny offered six picks for a 19 year old who went tenth in the draft and you think he's not trying? Obviously if teams are turning that deal down its not much of a market.

Is Phil Jackson not trying? What about the Wizards or Thunder? Should they be bashed for not trying?

Since Danny took over in 2003 he is one of only seven teams to win an NBA championship and is one of only 11 teams to actually make it to the championship. If it was so easy to win one teams would do so. Can't make invisible moves when they aren't there to make.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 05:19:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I love how everyone jumps on board the bash Danny train two days into free agency. He's not trying? Get a clue man.

The moves he's made this week and at the draft haven't been firework deals, simply because the deals aren't there to be made. Why would LMA have any reason to come to Boston? Why would anyone else in the top tier free agent class come here? Danny offered six picks for a 19 year old who went tenth in the draft and you think he's not trying? Obviously if teams are turning that deal down its not much of a market.

Is Phil Jackson not trying? What about the Wizards or Thunder? Should they be bashed for not trying?

Since Danny took over in 2003 he is one of only seven teams to win an NBA championship and is one of only 11 teams to actually make it to the championship. If it was so easy to win one teams would do so. Can't make invisible moves when they aren't there to make.

Why would LMA want to sign with the Suns?

RM doesnt seem like he cares if the Suns are mediocre

Im not bashing Danny ,but on the surface it looks like RM is outworking him

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Why would LMA want to sign with the Suns?

RM doesnt seem like he cares if the Suns are mediocre

Im not bashing Danny ,but on the surface it looks like RM is outworking him

"Outworking" him?  Danny has made more moves to improve his team over the last year than anyone and you think he's sitting on his thumbs and missing out on an opportunity that is obvious to you but not to him?!?!?  You seriously don't think that he's looked into the possibility of signing LMA???  Come on.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Every off season RM looks like he wants to be part of the action. Everyone thinks he doesnt stand a chance . But he really goes after players. He did so with IT last season(and signed him) and now Chandler(signed) and LMA.  If the Suns get Aldrige , wow , that will be impressive

Ainge on the other hand doesnt look like he is trying (maybe he has different plans).  Almost like if you want to play for the historic Celtics team, you can call me- attitude.

Is RM outworking Ainge? Or RM needs to do something/cant stay still , like walking through the mall and buying things when you dont really need it?
what shread of reporting or evidence do you have to support this claim? everything i have read on ainge talks about the hours he puts into his job. he puts in long days, lots of travel, and invests a lot of his life into the celtics.

to question ainge's work ethic is a sad line of questioning unless you have a solid report or critique that would lead us to that conclusion.

without support this fails to rise above the level of character assassination.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
My grandmother is out working Danny . She 100 . ...at least  :D

He has taken a whipping good in the draft and off season .

Done nothing of real value. 

Sitting on your hands  and watching isn't exactly going to RING the Winner winner chicken dinner bell.

Come on Danny your job is to fill the seats ,  make fans want to watch the Celtics

Your failing right now .......same as Lakers

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 06:19:46 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

This is just flat wrong on a factual level. Danny Ainge has made more deals, and tried to make more deals, over the last 2-3 years than almost any GM in the league.

(For the record the Celtics have made 20 trades in the last three years while the Suns have made 16. If you're interested in facts, you can find them here: http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/Search/Search.php)

Maybe someone can put together a youtube highlight video of his actual and attempted trades over the last few years for you, so that you can get excited about them.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yes, along with all the other GMs of the NBA, DA is the worst in the game... well, according to the different names in different threads that keep showing up. ::)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 06:35:29 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I get being dissatisfied with the moves or lack of thus far, but I wouldn't blame Danny's work ethic. You need two to tango, and he couldn't find partners willing to do reasonable trades during the draft, and this year's FAs seem to not be interested in coming to Boston. He can't force them here. Yeah, not offering Harris a contract is a bummer, but if he knew Orlando was going to match, its not worth tying up resources for something that won't happen. It's still early. We may not get any major FAs, but its not for lack of effort.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
danny works very hard to make boston a 500 team, its actually a problem

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
My grandmother is out working Danny . She 100 . ...at least  :D

He has taken a whipping good in the draft and off season .

Done nothing of real value. 

Sitting on your hands  and watching isn't exactly going to RING the Winner winner chicken dinner bell.

Come on Danny your job is to fill the seats ,  make fans want to watch the Celtics

Your failing right now .......same as Lakers

How do you know what he has done or hasn't done?!?  You mention filling the seats.  I would say that he has done a great job putting together a competitive team that fans want to watch and root for.  If you disagree, then change the channel. 
All of these couch GMs drive me f'n crazy with their wild imaginations and complaints.  Can we at least start the season and know what the actual roster is before you start p---ing and moaning about how bad they are?!?!? 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
danny works very hard to make boston a 500 team, its actually a problem

It's very difficult to put together a championship team and he's done it.  Like EVERY GM in all of sports, he's made some mistakes but he's also made a lot of great moves.  I just think he deserves some patience. 

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Outworking him? I know Ryan personally -- he'd tell you no one works harder -- or is more creative as a GM -- than Ainge.

BUT: McD has had pretty amazing results in a short period of time. Hard to argue he's one of the best GMs at his age and experience in the games history -- especially if he land LMA. Presti also comes to mind, but the Harden deal is a big big stain on his CV.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)