Author Topic: Idea - 76ers Looking More Likely To Trade Noel  (Read 7811 times)

Re: Idea - 76ers Looking More Likely To Trade Noel
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 03:25:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So the Sixers are going to trade Nerlens Noel because they acquired two veteran bench players, one of whom has played 86 games over the last two years?

Obvs.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 03:43:33 PM »

Offline celticbos

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
No way this is an option right now, we wouldn't have got Johnson for that price if this was even discussed between the two teams.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

This is all wishful thinking. There's no reason to believe the 76ers have interest in trading any of them.
If you had 3 of the top 6 big man prospects in the league, would you be looking to trade one for some mediocre guard and middling draft picks?  I wouldn't. 

Intelligent move is holding onto them until someone gives up an all-star at a different position.  Philly is stacked with quality assets right now.
It is going to be funny if the Sixers get a topic pick next year and take Labissiere because he is the BPA. 

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 04:19:06 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Who said this is going to happen? I don't think that it will but I definitely believe DA will do his due diligence and call the 76ers.  I also don't think that this one trade by them makes it more likely to happen.  But as David Aldridge and others have stated we would fit together well in terms of a potential trade and based on each teams needs.   

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 04:29:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I would offer the Nets 2016 and 17 pick and not much more.

That offer would get laughed at.  It takes real quality to get quality and that's what Noel is.
except on offense of course. he came into the nba with a low set of expectations on his offensive abilities and has yet to meet those expectations.

he plays under the basket for offense and that is it. the end. proof? sure, check out his shot chart:

http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1510/nerlens-noel/shotchart/

about 78% of all his shots were taken in the paint. on those he only hits on 50%. 3 pointers? ha, ha...forget it. his free throws are acceptable at 61%

noel is a very talented center and great at defense, or will be. but offense is a weakness. i wish the celtics had him on the team, but let's not over rate him either.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 05:44:38 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

That offer would get laughed at.  It takes real quality to get quality and that's what Noel is.
except on offense of course. he came into the nba with a low set of expectations on his offensive abilities and has yet to meet those expectations.

he plays under the basket for offense and that is it. the end. proof? sure, check out his shot chart:

http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1510/nerlens-noel/shotchart/

about 78% of all his shots were taken in the paint. on those he only hits on 50%. 3 pointers? ha, ha...forget it. his free throws are acceptable at 61%

noel is a very talented center and great at defense, or will be. but offense is a weakness. i wish the celtics had him on the team, but let's not over rate him either.

Who's over rating him?  He's a big who can rebound play defense and run the floor to get easy shots.  Tyson Chandler is making a great living doing this and so is Deandre Jordan.  Not claiming he is either player right now but those are comparisons...

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

I don't understand the laughter.
It's a #6 pick for a #6 pick. It's true Noel would have gone higher if not for the injury, but rumour has it Smart would also have gone higher had he entered the draft one year earlier.
And did Noel play that much more this year than Smart?
I don't think such a deal would be possible, but it goes two ways: not only does Philly value Noel above Smart, but there's a good chance DA values Smart above Noel, or at least at the same level, in a way that if he was to propose the deal he would give no picks of consequence.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think it is a big gamble to trade for their bigs with injury history since they have recently been fined for not providing all relevant medical information in trades.  :o

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I just don't see it, you would think he was the second coming of kg or something, i think he'll be lucky to be josh smith

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 07:24:09 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If we're serious to acquire Noel it's going to take a seriously painful offer or Hinkie won't budge. Why should he? He's not trying to win this year. He's looking for another top 5 pick. The only Godfather offer from us that might catch his attention is Smart, Young, and Brooklyn 2016. If you want him, that is in the ballpark of what it will cost. He still will probably say no.

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

This is all wishful thinking. There's no reason to believe the 76ers have interest in trading any of them.
If you had 3 of the top 6 big man prospects in the league, would you be looking to trade one for some mediocre guard and middling draft picks?  I wouldn't. 

Intelligent move is holding onto them until someone gives up an all-star at a different position.  Philly is stacked with quality assets right now.

You constantly throw that out there, but what does "prospect" really mean? Is that just a cute way of saying players that haven't done anything? Because a better way of saying it is "young bigs", which would cause your trifecta of bigs to fall way down, and probably out, of these mythical (top 6) rankings of yours .

Age in parentheses

A. Davis (22)
Cousins (24)
Gobert (23)
Drummond (21)
Favors (23)
Towns (19)
Porzingis (19)
Okafor (19)
Embiid (21)
Noel (21)
Nurkic (20)
Cauley-Stein (21)
Len (22)
Valanciunis (23)
M. Turner (19)

and are we including Greek Freak, who is now 6-11/7-0, and plays a lot at PF?

Ante (20)

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

You constantly throw that out there, but what does "prospect" really mean? Is that just a cute way of saying players that haven't done anything? Because a better way of saying it is "young bigs", which would cause your trifecta of bigs to fall way down, and probably out, of these mythical (top 6) rankings of yours .

Age in parentheses

A. Davis (22)
Cousins (24)
Gobert (23)
Drummond (21)
Favors (23)
Towns (19)
Porzingis (19)
Okafor (19)
Embiid (21)
Noel (21)
Nurkic (20)
Cauley-Stein (21)
Len (22)
Valanciunis (23)
M. Turner (19)

and are we including Greek Freak, who is now 6-11/7-0, and plays a lot at PF?

Ante (20)

Yea 3 of the top 6 is definitely overselling it. Obviously Towns is a better prospect than Okafor since he was a consensus top pick. Cousins and Davis are not really debatable and I am pretty sure Drummond has shown more than of these guys by a lot. Then you get into whether someone like Gobert is really any worse than Noel? He may not get a lot of primetime viewing, but he was every bit as impressive defensively as Noel and may have a more developed offensive game.

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 08:20:29 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Philly is still millions under the salary floor for next season. And kind of hard to pitch a player as another team's starting PG if you haven't even really let him be the ball handler for your team.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Well thanks for sharing your opinion but not offering a proposal yourself.

Both those picks are likely to be top 10 picks. They're also going to be much more valuable when the pick is decided.

Top 10 picks? With all due respect your dreaming. Nets are a Playoff Team barring major injury. Your not going to sniff a Top Ten pick with Lopez at C. No chance in 16 17 or 18.

If Noel is remotely available, I deal every #1 pick you have to include the Celtics #1 in 16 plus Smart.