Author Topic: what are we gonna do now  (Read 4556 times)

Re: what are we gonna do now
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 07:59:04 AM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Tank and if we don't we are seriously stupid winning 40 games and missing the playoffs will give us a terrible pick in a weak draft.

We should just play these players, let them develop and pray we win the lottery next year

Smart/IT/Rozier
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/Mickey
Zeller/KO

Not in any order but these are the only ones who should get minutes. I hate seeing my team lose but I rather have us lose a season than have use lose for a decade.

We can't win a Championship with the current team and that's the point of everything to win championships...we need better talent to do that.

I'm pretty sure Danny didn't sign three FAs to give two of them zero minutes while having the other back up an unproven 20 year old.

Yes but those signings were extremely dumb Jerebko (even though he's a player I like) he is just a role player who doesn't make this team a contender and the same goes for Johnson. Danny's whole reason for signing them was to make them trade assets next year not for success this year.
So why even play them if they are as good as gone next season why not play the players who can improve their value??

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Has it occured to any of you that maybe Danny and Brad know what they're doing and we, the fans, don't have a clue?

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 08:45:59 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Tank and if we don't we are seriously stupid winning 40 games and missing the playoffs will give us a terrible pick in a weak draft.

We should just play these players, let them develop and pray we win the lottery next year

Smart/IT/Rozier
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/Mickey
Zeller/KO

Not in any order but these are the only ones who should get minutes. I hate seeing my team lose but I rather have us lose a season than have use lose for a decade.

We can't win a Championship with the current team and that's the point of everything to win championships...we need better talent to do that.

I'm pretty sure Danny didn't sign three FAs to give two of them zero minutes while having the other back up an unproven 20 year old.

Yes but those signings were extremely dumb Jerebko (even though he's a player I like) he is just a role player who doesn't make this team a contender and the same goes for Johnson. Danny's whole reason for signing them was to make them trade assets next year not for success this year.
So why even play them if they are as good as gone next season why not play the players who can improve their value??

Because DA most likely got the feelers out early to the agents and most likely found that it was a long shot to grab them. So he grabbed two PF's that can play in addition to our young PF's knowing a team may be interested them and their one year, second year guarantied looks good to other teams in case they don't pan out . And if DA can't move them this season, frees up Cap for next.

DA is also watching SAC and Cleveland. If SAC can't get it together Cousins will want out, DA now has pieces to move for him with out having to bundle up 5 players to make it work money wise. Amir and filler with picks, done. SAC gets an expiring, pick which they may not get next season due to a trade, and maybe a young guy like Sully.

Also the Speculation of Love getting traded either this season or at the end of next puts DA in a good spot. Them spending 190 mill on one position is crazy, I can't see them holding onto both for the season. Amir is a good one year rental, add a player like AB to round off the numbers. Picks shouldn't be needed since DA help Cleveland get Lebron in the first place.

Yes those are long shots, but they are also moves you have to think about and be ready for. 

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 09:10:45 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
probably done for the offseason except maybe a minor roster-filling signing such as maybe Holmes or Thornton if they impress in summer league.

guessing a 33% chance we make a trade at the deadline to move Wallace as an expiring deal to take on a bad contract with another year on it.  Might trade AB, KO and/or Sully to get a player that provides a better balance to the roster at the deadline.

get excited about seeing the Nets and Dallas underperform to the point where we anticipate getting their picks next year.  Get excited about Minny's youth movement make some leaps and challenge for a playoff spot and thereby give us their pick as well in a very-late lottery selection.

Rejoice in next year's draft with 4 lotto picks that are of such good quality we have no debates over trading up (then again, we could have the #2 pick and a number of people will scream to trade everything we have to move up that one spot) and enjoy the debate over being able to add 4 really good players to the roster while moving on from mediocre vets like Wallace, Turner, Jerebko and Amir.

And finally, having the universal Celtic family rejoicing over the team's bright future while mocking the misfortune of other teams, particularly Philly who continues to flounder. 

THAT'S what we're going to do!!

You do know that Lopez and Young re-signed with Brooklyn right? They will be in the playoffs again, and Dallas just signed Wes Matthews in a hope to lure LaMarcus. You better pray that plan doesn't work out if you are circling like a vulture over the Dallas pick. And Philly may have just drafted a franchise big man, and Noel is now healthy, so have fun trying to laugh at the misfortune of a team that already has a better front court than us.

The only people that are laughing are the rest of the league at our rebuild strategy blowing up in our face. Your highest paid player is Amir F ing Johnson.

To the op- what now? One word. Suck.

TP

Love your last 2 statements bahahahha so dead on!

Not only I have read exactly the opposite coming from other teams fan base but on top of it you are brain washing each other here on a deep pessimism.
That's really sad how some Celtics fans have become (they also wonder why there are so many criticism here).
They understand what Danny is doing and some are even jealous of our great transactions.
Just to let you know.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Smart/IT/Rozier
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/Mickey
Zeller/KO

So...we should "play players" to "improve their value"...but sit the very players you want to make "trade assets next year"?

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 09:47:04 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
We will keep developing assets and keep looking for deals that make us better. We will probably again act as a facilitator to tother teams taking on more late firsts for  bit of salary cap help. It's a waiting game.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:08 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
probably done for the offseason except maybe a minor roster-filling signing such as maybe Holmes or Thornton if they impress in summer league.

guessing a 33% chance we make a trade at the deadline to move Wallace as an expiring deal to take on a bad contract with another year on it.  Might trade AB, KO and/or Sully to get a player that provides a better balance to the roster at the deadline.

get excited about seeing the Nets and Dallas underperform to the point where we anticipate getting their picks next year.  Get excited about Minny's youth movement make some leaps and challenge for a playoff spot and thereby give us their pick as well in a very-late lottery selection.

Rejoice in next year's draft with 4 lotto picks that are of such good quality we have no debates over trading up (then again, we could have the #2 pick and a number of people will scream to trade everything we have to move up that one spot) and enjoy the debate over being able to add 4 really good players to the roster while moving on from mediocre vets like Wallace, Turner, Jerebko and Amir.

And finally, having the universal Celtic family rejoicing over the team's bright future while mocking the misfortune of other teams, particularly Philly who continues to flounder. 

You do know that Lopez and Young re-signed with Brooklyn right? They will be in the playoffs again, and Dallas just signed Wes Matthews in a hope to lure LaMarcus. You better pray that plan doesn't work out if you are circling like a vulture over the Dallas pick. And Philly may have just drafted a franchise big man, and Noel is now healthy, so have fun trying to laugh at the misfortune of a team that already has a better front court than us.

The only people that are laughing are the rest of the league at our rebuild strategy blowing up in our face. Your highest paid player is Amir F ing Johnson.

TP

Love your last 2 statements bahahahha so dead on!

Not only I have read exactly the opposite coming from other teams fan base but on top of it you are brain washing each other here on a deep pessimism.
That's really sad how some Celtics fans have become (they also wonder why there are so many criticism here).
They understand what Danny is doing and some are even jealous of our great transactions.
Just to let you know.

Well right now it's a matter of opinion soon we will know the facts. But I'm curious why are we wrong and you guys right? Being optimistic and positive about everything doesn't make it true, in my experience it just leaves you let down. I hope with all my heart we are good, I just have no evidence of it at this point.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:42:24 AM by dreamgreen »

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In short, we hope and pray that Trader Danny lives up to the reputation he created for himself back in the summer of 2007.

Hope that there is a method to the madness and Danny finds an opportunity to steer this somewhere, pounces on it, and closes the deal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Root for team, stick with them through the good and bad times.

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Next season is going to be a sequel to last season.  Probably not quite as fun.  The shine will come off the scrappy team of role players.  But it'll feel like more of the same. 

A revolving door of role players getting 20-25 minutes a night. Nobody you can get too excited about.  But a respectable team that plays some good basketball now and then.

Danny will try to make something happen at the deadline. 

Then we'll be right back here a year from now trying to turn multiple lower picks into a higher pick and attempting to cajole free agents into coming here, or hoping that a star player decides he wants out and the Celts can convince that team to take a platter of assets for him.
ha, ha...agreed, but i also have a fair degree of uncertainty on how the team will fair next season. think back to the day after rondo and green were out the door. if someone had asked (and they did) how are the celtics going to do for the rest of the season, i know MY answer would be something along the lines of "sucky suckitude."  ;D

they were a bad team that had just jettisoned their only quality players and purchased tickets for the lottery express, coach class. the season was over.

i.
was.
wrong.

never in a million years would have i predicted the season finish that happened. every point of analysis i deploy was shot to pieces. (how did yours do?) thank you CBS for exposing my limits as a basketball expert.  ;D

so, long ramble short, i understand your viewpoint and intellectually find myself agreeing with it. BUT, because of that [dang]ed CBS-factor i honestly have NO idea how this team will do this season.

it may take a step back and lose more games, no surprise.

it may make it to the third round of the playoffs after winning the division, no surprise either.

with johnson on board, youngsters getting better, rozier maybe making an impact, and potential improvements through trades i really cannot predict for this team....which is sort of fun.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

The Nets are bringing back the same team that grabbed the 8th seed on a tiebreaker and had no major injuries despite relying heavily on 2 aging guards and an injury prone center.  Miami and Indiana will almost certainly be better than them next year even if nothing goes wrong, Williams and Johnson will be another year older, and Lopez could easily suffer another foot injury.  And if that happens, the Nets just traded the one guy they had who could conceivably be an effective replacement (Plumlee).  So I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the Nets will be in the playoffs next year.  That pick will be in the late lottery, with the potential to be higher if Lopez gets hurt or their backcourt continues to decline rapidly.  And Aldridge is probably going to San Antonio, the Mavs are barely in the race.

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
This is the part where patience is required.  They've upgraded the roster a little bit (really think many here are underestimating Johnson's (if healthy) impact.  Defensively they're going to be a lot better.  What I do see however with the roster, as it now stands, is a a couple of games over .500 regular season (which will slightly exceed expectations) coupled with another first round playoff bounce out with maybe a little more resistance than they showed vs Cleveland.

I am expecting a roster clearing trade before training camp.  One or more of Sully, Turner, Bradley and KO will be moved probably in that order in terms of most vs least likely to be gone.  I think they add a veteran big who can defend and rebound - probably someone cheap.

And then wait for another Sacramento style disfunctional management team to make someone who can make a difference available.

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
We're obviously not tanking. The tank is over, like it or not. Our roster is too talented right now to tank without selling off good young players.

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

they were a bad team that had just jettisoned their only quality players and purchased tickets for the lottery express, coach class. the season was over.

i.
was.
wrong.

never in a million years would have i predicted the season finish that happened. every point of analysis i deploy was shot to pieces. (how did yours do?)

Similarly.

I believe even C18, the most optimistic fan I know of on these boards, has admitted he thought they were packing it in after the Rondo and Green trades.

Individually, none of the games that the Celts played in the second half of the season were all that surprising.  Under-talented teams with depth, motivation, and good coaching win games they're expected to lose all the time.  What was amazing about it was that they kept it going.

Perhaps it wasn't a fluke at all and they'll just keep it rolling into next season.  If they make the playoffs and get swept again, we'll have to start dealing with the possibility that the Celts have turned into a low-rent version of the Raptors.  Cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.  Heh.

Barring a major trade shake up, I'm betting they recapture some of the magic from last year, but struggle to maintain it for large stretches of the season.  The team will be better at its best, but will win fewer games.

I think next summer is basically a sequel to this summer.  Will Ainge find a better opportunity than he did this time around?  Guess we'll see.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I do not think we can tank... but we could be not good enough...