Author Topic: If Sullinger and Turner are not part of the long term plan, should we trade them  (Read 2272 times)

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
'15-16 will be Turner's last hurrah with the Celtics.  He'll probably be gone by February. 

I still say Sully's biggest asset to the Celtics is as a trade chip.  Big season for him coming up. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Sully is still part of the equation. Another bad year conditioning wise from him and that is likely the last draw with him ... but he is our most talented big man and still very young. There is a place here for him if he puts the work in.

Evan Turner should be thrown out with the garbage.

I still think a bad conditioned Sullinger is better than the rest of our bigs, but that's just me.

My biggest disappointment last year was his focus/application during games. His defense was uninspired, when in previous years the effort was there and actually got [dang] good results. I saw a return of that during the playoffs, hopefully he sustains it going forward.

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
By all reports Sullinger is conditioned. This year is an important year for him.
Still, he might be the first to go.

Have to expect Ainge to work the trades.

In what world does Crowder who will be a career journeyman get paid double Paul Pierce?
I woul have preferred Pierce and Gerald Green.
Thought we overpaid for both Crowder and Jerebenchko (Jerebko)

We still don't have any wings who can get off their own shot.

Evan Turner and IT are the only ones on the roster.

I liked the trade idea with Denver.  Gallinari is very talented.  Health remains an issue.

Who is James Young?

Still no man in middle.

Might have to start our fast break off of made baskets.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-