Author Topic: Herald: Orlando willing to match contract, Celtics end pursuit of Tobias Harris  (Read 11302 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Sources from other teams and within the player rep community say the C’s were also in play for Tobias Harris and Corey Brewer, but as of late last night, those pursuits have ended.

The Celts had a certain financial parameter in mind for Harris, and when it became clear that Orlando was willing to pay big to match any offer for the restricted free agent, they were out of the running.

Boston Herald

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Well that sucks.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rats.  Not a huge surprise.

Plan B: Trade for Gallinari and Wilson Chandler
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
And it all makes sense now. No Harris, might as well splurge a bit for a season.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
IOW, ORL wanted Milsap, didn't get him, and settled for keeping Harris.  Not surprising. It sounded to me that they weren't that far off to begin with.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
When was the last time Ainge gave out a max?

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
least surprising news of the offseason so far.  in a world where Demarre Carroll is worth $60/4, giving the same for a guy with the age and skills of Tobias Harris all but turns into a no brainer

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

o dear god no thank you

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I hope you're somehow getting paid for this budweiser, you've been posting these first all day haha.

Unfortunate news I was hoping there was still a chance.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

o dear god no thank you

They are both expiring contracts and fill needs.  If we're gonna try to win games, might as well go all in.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Well, that stinks.

I've posted this trade idea in a couple of threads, but haven't gotten any feedback.   Maybe it's that bad. ;D

Sully, Turner, and Wallace to Orlando for Tobias Harris.

This clears a log jam for the Celtics and adds a good player in Harris who brings balance to the roster.

Orlando has Hezonja and there appears to be a bad relationship with the coach and Harris.  They get Sully who they can start along side Vucevic.  They also get Turner who is a solid player.  We could also throw in a couple 2016 2nd rounders as we currently have four of them.

We would then have the following roster.

IT Rozier
Smart Bradley Hunter
Harris Crowder Young
Olynyk Jerekbo Mickey
Johnson Zeller

What do people think?

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Of course, there is still the issue that he doesn't want to play there, under Skiles.

So look for Orlando to try to trade him at some point.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Of course, there is still the issue that he doesn't want to play there, under Skiles.

Wasn't that theory debunked? I think they in good terms...

I do see sign and trade opportunity though for sure.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Wasn't that theory debunked? I think they in good terms...

I do see sign and trade opportunity though for sure.

I don't know (if they kissed and made up).   If not, another option is for him to just take the QO and play out the year to become a UFA, like Monroe did.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Obviously. 

Orando would be idiotic not to match Harris.  In a world where Amir freakin poopscoot gets 12 mil per year, you'd be a [dang] fool to refuse Harris at max money.