Author Topic: Jae Crowder agrees to five-year, $35 million deal with the Boston Celtics  (Read 15551 times)

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Love Crowder. Good job, Danny.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
JAE CROWDER @CJC9BOSS
#BEANTOWN WE HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS.!!! #99PROBLEMS

So amazing. Love this guy.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
good signing. This guy is valuable off the bench

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Crowder brings a lot to our team.  Versatile, energy, great defender, and has made some big shots for us at time.  He's also still young and just entering his prime.  Jae Crowder is the type of player that fits great into Stevens system.

I'm not sure about giving him 5 years... but compared to other free agents, the money is reasonable, and we know that he fits our team system.

Obviously, would have liked to have Tobias Harris.  But he would cost twice as much, and I don't think we had the cap space to offer 15m per after signing Amir Johnson.  So Welcome back to the Celtics, Jae!!

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Its going to be a pleasure watching Jae play for us, he works so hard and has so much passion. Such a treat for us fans. 

Jae is such a versatile player too, what a great asset to have for Brad.

Jae at 27, 28 and 29 years old, playing his prime basketball at that price with and increased cap.... Its a thing of beauty.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
And that's the last of our cap space. Offseason has been a total bust. If you can't see it, you're blind.

Bass for Amir.  Drafted some scrubs. 30-45 wins next year.

Bring on the 2016 draft.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Offseason has been a total bust. If you can't see it, you're blind.

Bring on the 2016 draft.

I'll bet the combo guard or power forward they take with the 15th pick will be really special.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And that's the last of our cap space. Offseason has been a total bust. If you can't see it, you're blind.

Bring on the 2016 draft.
I'm hoping for a trade for a disgruntled star at the deadline, Cousins?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Bring on the 2016 draft.

That's not how cap space works... This agreement has ZERO cap space consequences.

You keep repeating the same mantra about "done with our cap space", and it's just completely inaccurate.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Bring on the 2016 draft.

That's not how cap space works... This agreement has ZERO cap space consequences.

You keep repeating the same mantra about "done with our cap space", and it's just completely inaccurate.
Enlighten me. We had 23 mil in cap space IF we renounced the rights to crowder, bass, jerebko, Gigi, and all the trade exceptions.

We just used up all of it on crowder, jerebko and the raptor scrub.

Unless I'm missing somethin, this pushes us over the cap. We are done. Only hope is using the trade exceptions to trade for unwanted vets.

If we dump Wallace we will have about 7-10 mil to sign another scrub.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Bring on the 2016 draft.

Enlighten me. We had 23 mil in cap space IF we renounced the rights to crowder, bass, jerebko and Gigi.

Crowder's cap hit is simply his low QO until he actually signs the contract. So that there's an agreement in place, even more so an agreement done during the Moratorium, doesn't reduce our cap space.

I think if this agreement was done after the Moratorium, then yeah there would be a bigger cap hold (would need to recheck), but any deals struck during this period have no bearings on our cap space.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Bring on the 2016 draft.

Enlighten me. We had 23 mil in cap space IF we renounced the rights to crowder, bass, jerebko and Gigi.

Crowder's cap hit is simply his low QO until he actually signs the contract. So that there's an agreement in place, even more so an agreement done during the Moratorium, doesn't reduce our cap space.

I think if this agreement was done after the Moratorium, then yeah there would be a bigger cap hold (would need to recheck), but any deals struck during this period have no bearings on our cap space.
So you're saying we might have 5 mil to offer a free agent?  Whatevs

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Bring on the 2016 draft.

No, I'm saying we can easily covert this into $11m+ and that's without giving it more than 2 seconds of thought.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Bring on the 2016 draft.

No, I'm saying we can easily covert this into $11m+ and that's without giving it more than 2 seconds of thought.

OK, I gave it 2 minutes of thoughts. We would've about $15 million of cap space if we stretch Wallace, particularly with the new projected cap of $69 million.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I wonder if this means we now wont be chasing Tobias?!

Don't think it has much relevance, but might make Ainge a bit more patience if he isn't sold on Tobias. But if there's legit interest in Tobias, this doesn't change anything if much.

Looks like I was wrong:

Sources from other teams and within the player rep community say the C’s were also in play for Tobias Harris and Corey Brewer, but as of late last night, those pursuits have ended.

The Celts had a certain financial parameter in mind for Harris, and when it became clear that Orlando was willing to pay big to match any offer for the restricted free agent, they were out of the running.

Boston Herald

Wow.  We did all that posturing for position in the draft and free agency and we came away with Amir Johnson.  This is a monumental fail.  Same team next year with only one or two new guys to watch to see if anything sticks.  Holdin oot hope for a trade of some sort