Author Topic: Jae Crowder agrees to five-year, $35 million deal with the Boston Celtics  (Read 15553 times)

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
wow. 5 years seems like a long time. but i suppose that in the new salary era, this will prove to be a bargain, so why not hang onto it for as long as you can.

i like crowder as a player so i am pleased about this the more i think about it.
we basically got him all the way through his prime.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I love the signing because this is a bargain for what crowder brings and will be a crime next year when the cap increases but we are officially out of cap this year and all of our trade exceptions have went to waste...

Worth noting, until Jae actually officially signs the deal, his cap hold is still very small.

The Celts can wait to officially sign him and hold open that extra cap space.  On top of that, as outlined in another thread, they can create extra cap room by dumping a couple contracts and stretching Wallace.

Who knows if they'll do any of that, but it's still an option.  Tobias Harris is not off the table.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Imagine if he develops his 3 point shot to a respectable level - I'll take 35%.  He was at 34% with Dallas before the trade over this year.  But career 31.6%.

That would be even better.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
YES! I love Jae and genuinely feared we might lose him. Great deal too.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
gross.   i love brad stevens, but i kind of wish danny didn't have to try to keep him satisfied.
not sure at all what you mean here. care to expand?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
gross.   i love brad stevens, but i kind of wish danny didn't have to try to keep him satisfied.

Don't know what you're talking about, but this is a good move for us and I'm not even much of a Crowder fan.

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Nice! crowder is a very nice role player, and could develop into starting material.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Imagine if he develops his 3 point shot to a respectable level - I'll take 35%.  He was at 34% with Dallas before the trade over this year.  But career 31.6%.

all true, but last season with boston he dropped to 28.2%.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So we retain the major return in the Rondo trade.  On a great deal that will absolutely be a steal when the cap rises.

Chalk up another win for Danny.

Rondo might actually count himself lucky to get a 7m gig next year
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Solid signing.  Really like that we went 5 years -- his best years should be ahead of him.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003

all true, but last season with boston he dropped to 28.2%.  :P

Yeah unfortunately.  He launched up a lot of bad threes early in the shot clock.  Not his game and his efficiency suffered for it.   Hopefully Brad will discourage these types of 3's next year.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Very nice! If we don't get a SF I hope he starts instead of ET, might as well give Smaht the ball and go from there!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Love this deal. Very surprised he took less per year than Aminu.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I love it he was our heart and soul last year. He played like a true Celtic.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Glad to hear it.

5/35 might be a bit steep for Jae, however he showed me a lot last year, especially in the playoffs.

Nice to have him back.