Author Topic: Jason Thompson, Carl Landry & Nik Stauskas traded to Philadelphia 76ers  (Read 30495 times)

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Looking at records the Kings basically have to finish around .500 next season to not have a top 10 pick. Considering they won 29 games last season and the West will be better I don't see it currently. Regardless the Kings are terribly run because they've traded away their picks to try and get smoked in the first round of the playoffs. The odds are definitely in the Sixers favor.

All they have to do next 2 years is be better than Philly.  Even if they win the lottery, the picks are top 10.protected.  Philly just took 3 bad players off their hands, have they started trying to win yet?

The picks are protected from the Bulls. If they win the lottery or go higher in the lottery than Philly it goes to the Sixers.

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
The Kings are seriously interested in free agent guard Monta Ellis too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports .

I dunno, wasn't Rondo and Ellis a bad fit together in Dallas?

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Funny, other experienced GMs would secure first a player before doing a salary dump.

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Funny, other experienced GMs would secure first a player before doing a salary dump.

Typical Kings. This will be another thing that blows up in their faces.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Monta Ellis + Rudy Gay + DeMarcus Cousins

... hmm not so sure about that.
... Will anybody else on the team get to touch the ball?

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't see this as big win for Philly.  They get Stauskas who may not ever be any better than the European players that Sac gets, and a protected first round pick.  I don't think the swaps will ever be worth much if anything.

For Sac, they get to clean out some dead salary which can be hard to do.  This trade in of itself is not a win for Sac either but they could turn it into a win by making the right signings (which I am skeptical they will do).  If they botch the FA part of this deal, it doesn't mean it is a bad trade or more of a win for Philly though (at least not directly).

If their big move is Rondo/Ellis, I don't see Sac being any better or worse.  I see the lottery for both of these teams for several years to come.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd have to think that they have someone lined up which would necessitate this deal.  if not, then they're complete idiots (and not just idiotic for the lopsidedness of it in Philly's favor)

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
The Kings LOL

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The Kings LOL

Maybe they should consider changing their name to the Jesters.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd have to think that they have someone lined up which would necessitate this deal.  if not, then they're complete idiots (and not just idiotic for the lopsidedness of it in Philly's favor)

The Kings are full of dysfunction.  This trade can't happen until after the moratorium, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Kings backed out if no free agents want to come there.

Re: Jason Thompson, Carl Landry & Nik Stauskas traded to Philadelphia 76ers
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
@Chris_Broussard

Sources: Monta Ellis turned down more $ from Sacramento. Kings offered $48 million over 4 years

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I have nothing against Sacramento, but I get a kick out of watching inept teams acting ineptly.  It's great comedy.

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Sacramento should go after David Lee.

Cousins + D.Lee + WCS ... three player big man rotation would be tough to play against.

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I just saw this trade and thought it was a joke. The Sixers fill out cap space that they would have had to pay out, anyway, as well as picking up NS, who is only one year into his NBA career. In return, they get a first plus the opportunity to swap picks for the next two years with a team that has the definite possibility of suckage. This wasn't the Brooklyn deal, but it was still grand theft.

I swear, we speculate that other GMs are afraid to trade with Danny because they don't want to end up looking bad? The greatest trick the Hinkie ever pulled was convincing the NBA that he was a safe trade partner.

Mike

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Junk

Collector

Sign says out side d gym

For sale ...
Broken and busted player s

ACL .....Tuesdays special......buy one get another damaged knee FREE!

Head case day.......every Friday .......come early

Dirt cheap ...no offer refused .....1st or 2nd rd picks preferred .

No refund ......on damaged players

Mental issues .....are not refundable either