Author Topic: Jason Thompson, Carl Landry & Nik Stauskas traded to Philadelphia 76ers  (Read 30506 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Sacramento is trading Jason Thompson and Carl Landry as part of a salary dump to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Sources: 76ers sending the rights of oveseas players to Kings. Philly wanted Stauskas and will take on Thompson/Landry salaries.

Sacramento is clearing the space for a pursuit in free agency, league sources tell Yahoo. Stauskas had been pursued by several teams.

Sources: 76ers sending the rights of oveseas players to Kings as part of Philly wanted Stauskus and will take on Thompson/Landry salaries.

The Kings are sending Nik Stauskus to the 76ers as part of the deal too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:19:45 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Sacramento is trading Jason Thompson and Carl Landry as part of a salary dump to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

so is this to make room for el Rondo?

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Stauskus is going to Philly

Sac making cap room for rondo

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
They get rights to overseas player too. If that includes Saric, that could be a pretty good move.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They get rights to overseas player too. If that includes Saric, that could be a pretty good move.

who sac? That would be weird for them to get extra when they need to give extra

So Stauskus for 2 large contracts?

I'm not sure if that is a good enough return. I mean Landry and especially thompson are signed for the next few years.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
In related news:

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
I'm also told that the Kings have secured a visit this week with Wes Matthews, putting Sacramento in the running with Dallas and Toronto

The Kings clearing the salary cap space to pursue free agents Rajon Rondo and Wes Matthews, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are seriously interested in free agent guard Monta Ellis too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports .

I'm also told that the Kings have secured a visit this week with Wes Matthews, putting Sacramento in the running with Dallas and Toronto

The Kings, after completing this trade, will have the salary-cap space to outbid Indiana for a free agent they've long coveted: Monta Ellis
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:26:26 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Hearing the Sixers have also acquired the rights to at least one Sacto draft pick in this trade. Digging further.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

I'd be shocked if they got Saric in the deal. I highly doubt it.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Ellis would be horrible for Sacramento in my opinion.  Better for Indiana.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's how you use cap space as a rebuilding team, folks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
If they get an unprotected Sacto 1st that is a heck of a pull. Nothing I'd rather have the rights to

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Bet they end up with Mcgee in Sacramento as well. They are doing nice job of freeing money so they can surrounds cousins with a good supporting team.

Sixeras appear to become !masters of the salary dump foe other teams while contnuing to accumulate draft choices.  Will be interested to see who the overaeas players are and what draft choice they got.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Sixers will receive a protected 1st-round pick from the Kings, and swap rights w/ Sacto in the 1st round of two other drafts, sources say.

I bet the swap rights never get enforced.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That's how you use cap space as a rebuilding team, folks.

How's that?

By acquiring 3 crappy players.

I don't get it.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Zach Lowe ?@ZachLowe_NBA 5m5 minutes ago

Sixers will receive a protected 1st-round pick from the Kings, and swap rights w/ Sacto in the 1st round of two other drafts, sources say.

That's a lot for a cap dump.