Author Topic: If Amir is going to start at the center position, what happens to Zeller?  (Read 4586 times)

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I really don't see a problem here. There's likely minutes for Johnson, Zeller, Sullinger, and Olynyk, though of course we'll have to see who is still on the roster come opening night.

I also don't get this whole "Johnson isn't a center" argument. What exactly makes Zeller a center and Johnson not one? Zeller is 7-0, 250 with short arms, little post game, and little shot blocking ability. Johnson is 6-9, 240, with better shot blocking. I see no reason why Johnson can't play center when Zeller did just fine there last year. And if BCS is going to play lineups with Bass/Sully at the 4/5 and at times Crowder/Bass, you can bet Johnson will see his fair share of action at the 5.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Sully will be traded..unless JJ or AJ get traded for something bigger. No way Sully is going to want to come off the bench...  Johnson is a PF mostly, and should start with Zeller (who almost always got off to good starts).  Let JJ and KO come off the bench...especially with IT/rozier and Turner there to create spot up chances for both.

Bench:  Rozier or IT, Turner, crowder, JJ, KO...   plenty of rebounding from the wings in this line-up.

AJ will play small ball center IMO... depending on match-ups.   ut we should know by now that a "SET" lineup is not the Brad operates.  If he wants to play the hot hand, he will have alot of options every night.

I feel this is setting up as a Sully, Turner, Wallace for Tobias Harris trade. The dollars would work out if Harris is signed for $15m per.  It would bring so much more balance to the lineup.

IT Rozier
Smart Bradley
Harris (Crowder?) Young
Olynyk Jerekbo Mickey
AJ Zeller

Orlando gets value in Sully who might match up well with Vucevic. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sully will be traded..unless JJ or AJ get traded for something bigger. No way Sully is going to want to come off the bench...  Johnson is a PF mostly, and should start with Zeller (who almost always got off to good starts).  Let JJ and KO come off the bench...especially with IT/rozier and Turner there to create spot up chances for both.

Bench:  Rozier or IT, Turner, crowder, JJ, KO...   plenty of rebounding from the wings in this line-up.

AJ will play small ball center IMO... depending on match-ups.   ut we should know by now that a "SET" lineup is not the Brad operates.  If he wants to play the hot hand, he will have alot of options every night.

I feel this is setting up as a Sully, Turner, Wallace for Tobias Harris trade. The dollars would work out if Harris is signed for $15m per.  It would bring so much more balance to the lineup.

IT Rozier
Smart Bradley
Harris (Crowder?) Young
Olynyk Jerekbo Mickey
AJ Zeller

I like the idea. But will Orlando want to?  They are congested at the PF spot

We will probably have to include Young , bc they are in need of more shooters

To Celtics: Harris, Harkless
To Magic:  Sullinger, Turner, Wallace, Young

Orlando might be ok to do this deal if they rather not lose Harris for nothing. And Pistons don't have much to provide in return.  Harris gets a bigger deal this way also

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The thing is , is it still allowed for teams to do a sign and trade in this manner??  I thought the NBA made a rule last season to not allow this

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If Amir starts, Zeller is the backup, which is his ideal role.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Who starts at pf and who comes off the bench then?

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

IT Rozier
Smart Bradley
Harris (Crowder?) Young
Olynyk Jerekbo Mickey
AJ Zeller

I like the idea. But will Orlando want to?  They are congested at the PF spot

We will probably have to include Young , bc they are in need of more shooters

To Celtics: Harris, Harkless
To Magic:  Sullinger, Turner, Wallace, Young

Orlando might be ok to do this deal if they rather not lose Harris for nothing. And Pistons don't have much to provide in return.  Harris gets a bigger deal this way also

Don't Orlando's PF's kind of suck.  Frye, Nicholson.  Gordon has a long way to go and might be better off coming off the bench.  Orlando gets Sully.  I think he'd play well with Vucevic.  Turner is a nice player who they will get to look at for a year.  Maybe throw in Young too, but I'd rather not.

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Yup. Zeller is best served as a bench player.

Johnson becomes our best big man, and should start, probably alongside Sullinger.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Who starts at pf and who comes off the bench then?

I'd start Amir at PF and Olynyk at C, actually.  Call them whatever you like, but that'd be their positions defensively.

If we get Harris, I'd consider starting Harris at the 4 and Crowder at the 3 with Amir at the 5.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
The thing is , is it still allowed for teams to do a sign and trade in this manner??  I thought the NBA made a rule last season to not allow this

I'm not aware of that.  Don't sign and trades happen every year?  Harris is restricted afterall.